It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-18E down near Jedi

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
A Navy F-18E has crashed near the Jedi Transition. Search and rescue efforts are underway, but it's been over two hours with no word on the pilot. Spotters at the transition report fire on the hillside. No word on if they saw the pilot eject.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I hope everyone is okay really I do but forgive me for one second.....

Jedi is a place!?!?!?

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The Jedi Transition where they enter the Rainbow Canyon low level route. It's unofficially known as Star Wars Canyon.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The aircraft impacted the wall right below where the spotters position. Unconfirmed reports of injuries among spotters.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
A case of pilot error trying to get close to spotters for good photo opportunities?

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks for posting...
I saw it and said to myself wait before starting a thread.
"Zaphod will post"

However this is in the Canyon and was waiting to see if anyone ejected safely.....

Ahhh Sh!t.

Pretty sure someone at Father Crowley saw and filmed this. My gut has sank.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

The Navy guys have been known to go fast and low over the parking area. CFIT is a very real possibility, but it's far too early to speculate.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
If someone has caught it on video or pics let's hope it's passed on to the relative authority and not used to gain YouTube hits and popularity especially if the fate of the crew turns out to be the worst case scenario

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Most of the pictures and video would be taken as soon as authorities arrive on scene. They need it for the investigation. But I'm certain some will turn up.

At this point, it's a recovery mission as far as the pilot goes.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
the article said "pilot", but don't FA-18's have a co-pilot, or wso with them?

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

No. There are two seat Hornets, but the only version that requires a backseater is the Growler. This was an E model, which is single seat.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
RIP the pilot

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
SWITCH11 flight of 2. No ejection attempt reported, 7 injuries on the ground.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The aircraft impacted just below the top of the transition.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is the aircraft entering the canyon, and the impact site. That's exactly where Sam and I usually stand when we are there.

Based on the impact site, and the picture of him entering, we are speculating that he entered wrong and came too far over to the right of the transition and couldn't make the first turn.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Not to stray off topic or use the horrible incident as an example, people wonder why they weren't many pieces left of a 757 when it impacted the pentagon or the twin towers. Aircraft just disintegrate, there looks to be no large pieces of aircraft on the canyon wall. RIP to the pilot.

With the injuries on the ground do you think the authorities will set up some sort of fence to stop spotters being close to the canyon edge ?

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Honestly, no. The people injured suffered minor injuries, and this is the first major incident at the canyon I'm aware of off the top of my head.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
You just answered my next question with that, I suppose it's quite a remote area too it's not like 100s of people turn up there. Do aircraft use this run on a daily basis? It's on my wish list of places to visit if I ventured state side

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Pretty much every day, Mon-Fri. It's really hit and miss as to how many passes you'll get, but something will go through every day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join