It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear of poor people, but reality being so different

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Silure

you dont need anything in life accept one person to love you !

if someone truly loves you then you are indeed rich !

everything else is incredibly irrelevant

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Nice story mate, and yep, love is the key always 👍
Not so nice story but the other day a guy told me how he was stamped and kicked while asleep in a shop doorway, why the # anyone would do that I can only imagine...he is a junkie as he admitted so isn't always allowed in the shelter if he seems off his head, but either way, reminded me how cruel some folk can be.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Silure

Aye man , the guys up here are getting their heads kicked in by drug gangs ,who have moved into the area
they are forcing homeless people to sell their # drugs that are causing OD's across scotland
if they dont , they get beat up and their gear nicked and it happens daily!

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silure
but one thing I've always found is the poorer the people around me, the more generous they turn out to be.

Its so true. They the less wealthy really are more generous but maybe that's why the well off are well off. Her indoors is a bit of a snob when it comes to shopping and drags me into that Waitrose place, sure it's nicely laid out and the clientelle all seem well dressed and don't smell but get in the checkout quee with one or three items and do they let you go past them with their trolleys overflowing, no way never had it happen. Me I go Aldi (due to a genetic disposition on one side of the ancestry) when she's not around ( a blessing in itself after 15 years of degrading relationship whatever it was in te initaial phase) and wowzers get let through nearly every time when there's a full trolley person in the queue
Defo something in your theory

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
If you can cover your basic needs your not poor. Food, water, shelter.

A society or environment that doesn't allow you to cover these basic needs through your own effort is flawed and designed to enslave!

I will if necessary trade my time for money but not as ultimate source of survival, I'd rather leave the environment, and live on the boundaries of society and be time-rich

If you judge poverty by the amount of money you spend to fit into a given society, there will always be a division between the ones that want to fit and the ones that don't.

Some choose freedom over social, mental, material, and financial slavery, by putting time as your fundamental and ultimate currency before Money. In that way I'm my own Central bank.
I choose how much of my time your money is worth.
I have all the time given to me, to cover my basic needs, and from there on thrive to get self aware and share myself with the world.

But my clothes are dirty and teared , my hair is messy, and I smell!

No Clue

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter
Never been in a Waitrose but all the others, and yep, Iceland guarantee people will let me in front of the queue if I only have a pint of milk, but Sainsbury's not once...a woman told me no when I asked once, couldn't believe it lol, full trolley of stuff and said no! Was a real atmosphere in that queue, I was gutted she didn't have a man with her who I could've called a prick 😂

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join