It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK Liberals Where was trump on 911?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Total Bull?

www.nj.com...

Your rebuttal is about as extreme and over-exaggerated as the claim itself.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BuckyWunderlick

Very astute Bucky. Some of us already know this point that you made, and agree that a good point it is. However mentioning this point as a total dismissal of our human evaluative techniques is disingenuous. Some of us are mature enough to know that we as human beings have an ability to read other people and their intentions as a matter of survival. And of course, to suppose that anyone can understand another person's ''inner-states and intentions'' from just one or two episodes of behaviour would be only an imagination produced conclusion.

But this guy is on TV everyday. Everyday he makes faces at the camera and tosses out comments. And we have years and years of recorded examples of who and how he is. We know about his businesses and where he got his money and how he has conducted his life. We probably know more about this President than any President ever.

As well, some us are educated enough to have studied psychology and human behavior and had a life time of interaction with varieties of people. Some us us know just how easy it can be to use only our imaginations on when considering any issue, so it is no great feat to make an assessment of Trump and his inner-states and intentions.

Do you not share this ability?

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuckyWunderlick
The liberal media complex and their base couldn’t even applaud the signing of a bill giving benefits to 911 responders without making it about Trump. Pretty disgusting.

Bucky. Yes they did. But why?
Simply because Trump made it about him by even mentioning where he was at that time. Had he held his comments to the responders alone, none of the media or even us would be even talking about this. But no, he just had to bring himself up when talking about their heroics and valor.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Very astute Bucky. Some of us already know this point that you made, and agree that a good point it is. However mentioning this point as a total dismissal of our human evaluative techniques is disingenuous. Some of us are mature enough to know that we as human beings have an ability to read other people and their intentions as a matter of survival. And of course, to suppose that anyone can understand another person's ''inner-states and intentions'' from just one or two episodes of behaviour would be only an imagination produced conclusion.

But this guy is on TV everyday. Everyday he makes faces at the camera and tosses out comments. And we have years and years of recorded examples of who and how he is. We know about his businesses and where he got his money and how he has conducted his life. We probably know more about this President than any President ever.

As well, some us are educated enough to have studied psychology and human behavior and had a life time of interaction with varieties of people. Some us us know just how easy it can be to use only our imaginations on when considering any issue, so it is no great feat to make an assessment of Trump and his inner-states and intentions.

Do you not share this ability?

I see no problem with it so long as you admit your conjecture. The imagination is a great tool but can often lead us astray.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The liberal media complex and their base couldn’t even applaud the signing of a bill giving benefits to 911 responders without making it about Trump. Pretty disgusting.

Bucky. Yes they did. But why?
Simply because Trump made it about him by even mentioning where he was at that time. Had he held his comments to the responders alone, none of the media or even us would be even talking about this. But no, he just had to bring himself up when talking about their heroics and valor.

It’s flatly untrue. What you’re discussing is one or two sentences, mere seconds, of a 20 minute speech.

The question shouldn’t be why Trump said that, but why you guys dismissed the rest to focus on this.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Bucky, the rest of the speech was fine. It was standard fare for politicians concerning 9/11, the ''Holy Grail'' if you will of patriotic display. But Bucky, what I pointed to is not ''untrue''. It was true that he added that small yet significant parcel to his statements. For me, and others as well, he could have just left himself out of it at that point but he didn't. The question here is why.

Whether or not he was there is not really important, likely he was as I have said in other posts. And in being there he either did or did not assist in either first responding or at the very least spent any amount of time and effort in the clean up. There is no proof that he did but more proof that he did not from what pictures have shown from that time and that interview.

Are we to suppose that Mr. Humility was down there assisting, working elbow to elbow with others and did not have a film crew ready to chronicle it? Are we to assume that with all the media coverage of those days that if Mr. Real Estate Playboy Mogol was demonstrating for us all how we could all pull together after 9/11, rich and poor alike that they would not have been there to put on the air?

No. What there was was that one interview with him, hair slightly amuss but dressed in his suit and tie and being interviewed because he was just there.

So for me, the only issue of interest is just why he added his own ''little experience'' to a tribute to the bravery and valor of those who were really there, digging in working their butts off and contracting sickness that would effect them for the rest of their lives. To me, that comment was disrespectful because he made a sad sad attempt to put himself on a pedestal with them.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

well Terry, as you said, you don't care, but Trump did say something about sending some people, and going to send some more. I don't know if you understand the kind of mentality a billionaire has, (I sure don't) but it would seem much more realistic that he paid some folks to do things, rather than grab a shovel himself.

This is one of those things that make the re-assurance that the left is bat sh!t crazy all the more possible. Does it matter? no. Did the MSM and by proxy, the idiots who follow them make it a big deal? it seems so.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
the rare double tap. Which as we know, it paramount when killing zombies.
edit on 31-7-2019 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Trump was on site the next day with the crew he delivered .

In this video from September 12 the reporter repeatedly asked him what it was like at Ground Zero . She knew he was there. POTUS mentions five firefighters and that some of them walked away . He was referencing the seven firefighters found in stairwell B. At that point in the day he said 5 survivors NBC news said 6. When it as all said and done there were seven of them . Six New York City firefighters and one port authority officer .

My he point is that he mentioned some of them walked away .

This from the group of seven survivors in stairwell B .

All of a sudden we saw a beam of light hit the stairway,” Jonas says. “We were in darkness, and we could hear fires crackling around us and things like that. And I just said, ‘Hey guys, there used to be 106 floors over our heads. Now I see sunshine. I think we’re on top of the World Trade Center.'”

Emerging from the fourth floor, they saw the sky above them where the towers once stood. They spotted firefighters who came to their aid, helping them climb out with rope. Jonas and his men walked Harris to the rescue teams.Then they made their way across the debris field. Fires were still erupting. A Secret Service ammunition depot at No. 6 World Trade Center ignited with live rounds as they crawled past.

Trump was there

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Stolen valor, from the President of the United States. Trump wasn't "down there with the first responders". He was sitting in his golden tower making phone calls to the media, talking about himself and how tall his building is.

"Cadet Bone Spurs" wasn't breathing in the toxic air, that Rudy Giuliani claimed to be safe, to save lives. His face wasn't streaming with soot and tears and sweat. He didn't "help a little bit".

I feel it is a little disrespectful, being a 28 year vet, when you say comments like this and never served yourself.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yes, he ''said'' that he had allocated people to work there. But true? According to other posts here it seems possible but unlikely. Again I don't know.

As for the ''left'' going bat # crazy, well, by now we both should know that the narrative is written about 9/11, that to question what happened is tantamount to being unpatriotic. For me personally this was one of the major outcomes of those who took charge after it, turning it into another Pearl Harbor for all ''good'' Americans to hold fast to. At work that morning everybody was asking who done it who done it. When I was asked my reply was that it did not matter WHO had done it so much because the Who had done it could be fabricated to fit any agenda that would be written going forth. What I said was ''what is important is ''who'' will take advantage of the moment and that is what happened. All Americans fell in line. Republicans and Democrats both and all. Even progressives on what little progressive radio there was in thoshe days fell in line.

That was the unification that the ''bosses' wanted, everybody to accept that moment as a ''holy'' moment for America, and over the years those first responders and others who were there helping salvage the ruins have become the ''acolytes'' and holy heroes of that sacred event. Trump tried to put himself in the thick of it with that stupid little comment and yes, those who do not support Trump did jump all over it as per that ''training ''that all of us took that day, but then again to me at least their reactions were only part of a larger picture that dosen't settle for the simple left right paradigm.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I feel it is a little disrespectful, being a 28 year vet, when you say comments like this and never served yourself.

This isn't about me. It's not about you either. It's the 911 First Responders, at the bill signing and elsewhere, that had to sit through Trump's lies, while coopting the first responders' courage, patriotism and lives for his narcissistic ego and his ongoing campaign.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I hate to disagree but first responder is a term used to describe the people who normally show up first in an emergency.
Police and firefighters and EMS are all called first responders.

I never said that wasn't the case.

It does not really denote actual order that anyone shows up or what day they show up.

No, it doesn't matter what day people show up to either do their job or volunteer to help in a crisis like 911, but not everybody that was there, later, can be considered first responders, like Donald Trump.

Now, in the signing ceremony yesterday, Trump feigned humility by inferring "I'm not saying I was a first responder, (but I was a responder)."

Trump is an opportunist. 911, as the towers were still crumbling , Trump was on the phone doing media interviews, promoting his tall tower. He was doing interviews near Wall Street in front of green screen for NBC European TV, so I don't doubt that he was hanging around, dressed to the nines with floor lacquer in his hair so that it stayed perfect, hoping to get on camera and act like a boss...."I've got hundreds of men down there, they just found 5 guys alive"....BS! "We're going to rebuild, and quickly too." Like he's the boss now! BS!

The man is a pathologic liar and a narcissistic sociopath.

In my opinion....

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Stolen valor. Well put. He can't resist telling himself he is a hero too. He knew that making this statement would be easily debunkable so he toned down his self glorification but couldn't squelch it completely. What his statement really meant was ''oh look at all the attention first responders are getting, all the sympathy for their suffering for their acts of valor those days. I want me some of that too''

There you guys go assuming Trump’s inner-states and intentions. Hopefully you realize you’re using your imagination when resorting to reasoning like this.

Likewise, you're using your imagination when you try to assume my "inner states and reasonings" too, right? Or do you believe that you're the only person granted the gift of insight into the human psyche?

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew

If you look at that cool little link provided by EchoesInTme, there's a pretty fascinating video; a video that MSNBC forgot existed........ an interview done by NBC.

Helping coordinate workers in providing relief efforts.

Literally video evidence. In color, too.

So far the only legitimate(?) argument against this, is that people throwing a stink and crying "Liar" either don't understand that "First Responder" means *trained emergency professional*, and NOT simply the first Joe Shmo to show up at the scene of said incident, or believe that Ground Zero describes the early moments of the 9/11 attacks happening, and not.....ya know........ Ground zero being *Where* the attacks happened.

Well, I guess when you put it that way, it's not really a legitimate defense.

You're little cool interview is NOT of Trump at Ground Zero. It's him, promoting himself, making impossible claims, like the men (over 200) he's got "down there" found 5 guys alive. BULL SNIP!

I never said Trump wasn't out and about mugging for the cameras and playing the BOSS. But, he wasn't at Ground Zero with the First Responders helping (a little bit)…

Does Donald Trump do anything "a little bit"? There's your tell.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

One liberal named john stewart has been fighting to get justice for the first responders.

And he got it. repubs didn't do that. A liberal did.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Where was Trump on 911. In a back room with Stormy Daniels.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Do you find it disrespectful that Trump claimed bone spurs to get out of serving? Hell of a golfer with those bone spurs though eh?

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Who cares, surely Americans cant turn wheres trump into a left and right debate, try this instead to occupy yourselves

Where's Waldo? Didn't people used to care where he was?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join