It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus May Have Had a Wife, Ancient Text Suggests

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I don't find anything shocking about the possibility that Jesus had a wife.
What I do find shocking is that people think there's something wrong or impure about that.

Women are the most amazing thing God ever created.
And in fact I consider the female form to be evidence there is a God.
Just look at em!

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I think it's very likely Jesus did have a wife. Why do you think he wanted so bad to kill himself?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elcabong
I think it's very likely Jesus did have a wife. Why do you think he wanted so bad to kill himself?

What many bible bashers (in my opinion) seem to "cough" forget is that the bloke was pretty much involved with a chick called Mary of Magdala.

She "COULD" have been his wife??

An apparent prostitute who followed him everywhere and even "apparently" came to France to preach his words :

Elaborate medieval legends from western Europe tell exaggerated tales of Mary Magdalene's wealth and beauty, as well as her alleged journey to southern France.

Linkywink even though some people do not like Wiki : en.wikipedia.org...

There is much confusion on this subject as there are no written and "cough" verified records... Darned throat...

In the gospels several women come into the story of Jesus with great energy, including erotic energy. There are several Marys—not least, of course, Mary the mother of Jesus. But there is Mary of Bethany, sister of Martha and Lazarus. There is Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and Mary the wife of Clopas. Equally important, there are three unnamed women who are expressly identified as sexual sinners—the woman with a “bad name” who wipes Jesus’ feet with ointment as a signal of repentance, a Samaritan woman whom Jesus meets at a well and an adulteress whom Pharisees haul before Jesus to see if he will condemn her. The first thing to do in unraveling the tapestry of Mary Magdalene is to tease out the threads that properly belong to these other women. Some of these threads are themselves quite knotted.

Link for more about the above here: www.smithsonianmag.com...

Blummin heck... A bloke does a 40 days and 40 nights Bear Gryls trek out in the wilderness... the least he deserves is a decent steak and a shag!

Take off your blinkers bible bashers and open your eyes... History in this modern day is now being revisited, understood, peer reviewed when possible and revised...

Open your eyes and unglue them from the words that have been hammered into your head since you were pushed out of your mother...

We are now HERE and in the FUTURE in about 1 millisecond...

Lags
edit on 1-8-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Truth hurts and people will get snotty. TOUGH... deal with it...

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: Elcabong

An apparent prostitute who followed him everywhere and even "apparently" came to France to preach his words :

Lags

There is actually no evidence and nothing in the Bible that says "Mary of Magdala" aka Mary Magdelene was ever a prostitute. That is only a "tradition" invented by the Catholic church 100s of years after the fact. Some say to diminish the role of women in the church and minimize her prominent position in the Bible as one of the most favored disciples of Jesus. Just saying...

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

but the bible tells us what we NEED to know. It does not necessarily tell every there IS to know.

You sound blindly indoctrinated by All of this. How would you Know what You Need if You were not Informed of everything there IS to know....maybe what is being taught to you is but a glimpse forced onto you like blinders on a race horse?
I don't care if I sound blindly indoctrinated to you.

I've found everything I've learned in the bible to be exactly what I need to know in any given circumstance. Unfortunately, I don't always get it right in practice.

And frankly, biblical teachings do put blinders on me like a horse, thank God! They do a fairly good job preventing me from becoming distracted or panicked by what is behind the wagon. However, I have hands and sometimes pull the blinders back for a glimpse.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

. Even if he had children with her I would not be upset. His purity is still intact.

How so?
( If he existed )...the laws of entropy would suggest from his initial dip in this mortal coil universe he'd be subject to the Laws of Entropy...downhill all the way.
I'll be honest, that went over my head. I think I understand what you're saying, but before I make myself out to be a complete idiot would you mind explaining it in layman's terms?

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist

originally posted by: 727Sky

Poor sod!

hahahaah Actually I hope he was married and got to enjoy the love of a woman.

Sandwiches n stuff... 😉

On a serious note... this will piss of a couple of bible bashers methinks!?

Lags
Why would that piss off bible bashers? There is nothing sinful about marriage. Even if he had children with her I would not be upset. His purity is still intact.

I doubt that he did have a wife because I feel it would be mentioned in scripture, but the bible tells us what we NEED to know. It does not necessarily tell every there IS to know.

In my own humble opinion the bible tells you what you WANT to believe or know.

Lags
I disagree whole heartedly. My inherent nature is of the flesh. I don't naturally want it to be immoral to sleep around, over-indulge, or sit on my butt every day. It isn't a natural desire of mine to submit to the teachings of Jesus. If I were choosing what I would naturally want to believe or know as truth, then I might be more atheistic or probably follow some magic rooted religion like wicca.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Good ole Marty Magdalene. Mary was just a typo passed down through the ages.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Well entropy - unless you you put further energy into a system, things degrade to a low state of energy. ie he ate food with his disciples, had hair that grew and needed cutting etc.

In other words he would no longer be "pure" - his body would be subjected to aging & the ravages of time.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Well entropy - unless you you put further energy into a system, things degrade to a low state of energy. ie he ate food with his disciples, had hair that grew and needed cutting etc.

In other words he would no longer be "pure" - his body would be subjected to aging & the ravages of time.
Oh, I see. There's no doubt about that. He's God incarnate. He experienced the same everything that every human would even temptation.

He is pure spiritually. He pooped just like the rest of us. What makes him pure is being without sin. He never fell to temptation.

If he had a wife and children, then that makes him no less pure spiritually.

Thanks for explaining entropy to me.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Well, if that the case...the only thing this proves is that he was certainly not gay, an really did practice the philosophy of the gift an will power to keep on giving.

While I do find it very odd that that his cult following is very homophobic, all the while with displays of homosexuality erotic themes.

They should be at ease by this point, an yet they are not

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   
If we were made in gods image and we have a female and man to procreate us humans then if so then yeah god may also have had a wife to bear jesus and the other son. If so why not jesus. Maybe Mary M. perhaps. Jesus told her secrets he would not tell the apostles which made them angry. maybe she wasnt a prostitute but his wife. plus she washed his feet after his death. No woman in that day but his wife would do that only his wife could so why not. Even if she was a prostitute good for her though that was a profession where she could put food in her mouth and take care of herself. without assistance of a man. the only job for a woman out there the oldest profession.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Poor sod!

I wonder if his wife made him do the dishes and take the garbage out.

He told the garbage to toss itself out and so it was, the dishes maybe not so easy

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

He showed up in India too written on walls somewhere in some temple. I wouldn't be surprised if Jesus was an alien.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join