It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/10 Forbes most dangerous cities controlled by Democrats

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Lumenari

We all know who put the final nail in the coffin for those cities with nafta.

But who did people turn to and voted for to fix it? Did the Republicans step up to the plate? What did they have to offer to fox those cities?

I recall a heavy Republican economist tho who was for free trade, to allow foreign company's to compete, and every admin repubs and dem listened to his rhetoric. What was his name?

So you can't admit it.

I understand why you can't... you are too heavily invested at this point.

A pity... you are otherwise a rather intelligent person, from my perspective.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

If you haven't noticed I am trying to pry answers from those heavily invested into Republican points of view.

The history of the US politics snt black and white, it's a myriad of ups and downs. But when you have entire administrations relying on open free market and trade, where do you think capitalists will look for profits? Do you honestly think they care about cities? Look at silicon valley its litterally on it's way to feudalism.

There is more to the issue, beyond the issue that Democrats are to blame.
edit on 30-7-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

But as to the worst run cities... "the proof is in the pudding" so to speak...

Hmmppphhh
How dare you speak of proof to a liberal and place that actual proof in a thread. Linked.
Nonsense.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

If you haven't noticed I am trying to pry answers from those heavily invested into Republican points of view.

The history of the US politics snt black and white, it's a myriad of ups and downs. But when you have entire administrations relying on open free market and trade, where do you think capitalists will look for profits? Do you honestly think they care about cities? Look at silicon valley its litterally on it's way to feudalism.

And you know this how ?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Pay attention to happening events and historical records?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

OK, Top ten safest cities per FBI:

1. Irvine California 61.21 current - Non Partisan
2. Gilbert Arizona 85.51 current - Non Partisan
3. Virginia Beach 137.56 2008-present Republican
4. Plano Texas 149.79 current- Independent??? Republican through 2013
5. Scottsdale Arizona 157.24 2009-present Republican
6. Santa Clara California 162.70 no list, can’t find current Mayor Lisa Gilmore’s party
7. Fremont California 182.34 current - Non Partisan
8. Henderson Nevada 185.11 2017- Democrat, previous Non Partisan
9. Hialeah Florida 198.52 current - Non Partisan (previously Republican through 2011)
10. Irving Texas 226.80 Republican as far back as I could find

This is turning into a lot of work!!!

Very hard to find the exact data on many of these cities.

The results are again eye opening. Almost all of them (9/10) are Independent/Non Partisan or Republican. The one non Ind/Rep was previously Non Partisan.
edit on 30-7-2019 by pianopraze because: typos/punctuation

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

¡Atención ciudadanos de Honduras!

Si planea migrar a los Estados Unidos de América, no se traslade a la ciudad de Baltimore, en el estado de Maryland.

La tasa de delitos violentos en Baltimore es mayor / mayor que la de Honduras.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

11 . Margate N.J. .

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

The more democrats open their mouths, the more they end up stepping in their own doodoo.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

Pay attention to happening events and historical records?

I rest my case.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Are the safest cities also democrat?

As a centrist you should probably see if it's a case of Democrats are more often mayors and therefore will have both safe and unsafe cities.

Like saying all sailors from England in 1700 were Christians.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   
[
edit on 31-7-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

OK, Top ten safest cities per FBI:

1. Irvine California 61.21 current - Non Partisan
2. Gilbert Arizona 85.51 current - Non Partisan
3. Virginia Beach 137.56 2008-present Republican
4. Plano Texas 149.79 current- Independent??? Republican through 2013
5. Scottsdale Arizona 157.24 2009-present Republican
6. Santa Clara California 162.70 no list, can’t find current Mayor Lisa Gilmore’s party
7. Fremont California 182.34 current - Non Partisan
8. Henderson Nevada 185.11 2017- Democrat, previous Non Partisan
9. Hialeah Florida 198.52 current - Non Partisan (previously Republican through 2011)
10. Irving Texas 226.80 Republican as far back as I could find

This is turning into a lot of work!!!

Very hard to find the exact data on many of these cities.

The results are again eye opening. Almost all of them (9/10) are Independent/Non Partisan or Republican. The one non Ind/Rep was previously Non Partisan.

From your list.

The FBI web site recommends against using its data for ranking because these rankings lead to simplistic and/or incomplete analyses that often create misleading perceptions adversely affecting cities and counties, along with their residents

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

So who controls those cities? Democrat or republican.

Pointing this out, means you're a racist.

Instead of putting blame where it deserves, why dont you vaste your time blaming the racist president ?

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

So who controls those cities? Democrat or republican.

Pointing this out, means you're a racist.

Instead of putting blame where it deserves, why dont you vaste your time blaming the racist president ?

It just isn't really accurate. Particularly if it's taken per capita and with infrastructure (which adds to mortality rates with accidents). Cities like Miami pull down the few Republicans there are as mayors.

This is very similar to saying red states require much more federal aid for the most part and don't collect enough revenues for an operation budget.

The fact is politicians who start re election day 1 don't care about the long term growth. That is bipartisan.

Other lists

www.safewise.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Double

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Since Republicans have abandoned fiscal responsibility and Christian kindness and civility they basically are just against the Democrats as an ideology. Republicanism has become an identity. It isn't based on ideology and since Eisenhower has been greatly eroded to this point of catastrophic failure.

On the other hand the Democrats are so clueless and angry there is plenty of entertainment value in pointing out their behavior.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Interesting and painful comes to mind, not much else needs to be said as its hard to argue with the math per se.

Nice find Op

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I have voted pretty much 50/50 Dem/Rep over my life in all elections. Always vote independent if I can, and look at the individual's policy... not the political party. Voted Pero and Johnson in Presidential elections.

All the test where you fall on political spectrum are almost center... a little right... a lot libertarian (vs authoritarian).

I did not know what I would find when I started. I let the chips fall where they may. The data is from FBI, so it is best estimate as to safest cities using crime rate. It's not opinion, it's fact. You can see data for yourself in link.

This is only one aspect... safety. It does not speak to quality of life. Poverty. Mean income. Best social programs. etc etc... Can't say which cities are "best" with this data only "safest". There are arguments to be had for other aspects, but that is not this thread.

I've always preached here on ATS that the Dem/Rep were two sides of the same coin. This is challenging my own beliefs so I feel your pain. I am struggling with the results. It goes in the face of my own beliefs.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join