It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/10 Forbes most dangerous cities controlled by Democrats

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
So... there I was, in another thread someone saying Democrat control was better.

My brain, barely functional as it may be, was itching saying I've seen something disproving this. Vaguely I remember crime rates were worse, so I do search and find this forbes article listing top 10 most dangerous cities.

Forbes: The ten most dangerous cities

I'm centrist Libertarian with slightly center right view according to all those political tests you can take. I've voted for both Democrat and Republican about equally over the years. I look up each individual and vote by the individual not by the party. I voted independent whenever I could, and even voted Pero and Johnson when they were options in Presidential elections. So I'm not to invested in the answer to this question, just curious.

So who controls those cities? Democrat or republican.

I found this useful website, the rest I had to use wikipedia and in some cases look up year by year the Mayor and try to find what party they were affiliated with. Here's what I found:

1. Detroit 1962-present Democrat
2. St. Louis 1953-present Democrat
3. Oakland 1977-present Democrat
4. Memphis 1893-present Democrat
5. Birmingham 1975-present Democrat
6. Atlanta 1991-present Democrat (back to 1955 if you leave out the one republican 88-91)
7. Baltimore 1967-present Democrat
8. Stockton alternating Dem/Rup
9. Cleveland 1990-present Democrat
10. Buffalo 1966-present Democrat

The answer seems pretty clear and was real eye opener to me.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This is no surprise to most of us. Their policies have failed for decades and will continue to fail because they're simply not grounded in reality. They make policy based on some future utopia that doesn't exist instead of the actual world we live in. That's a recipe for failure, and that's all they do.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
They can say it's because people are poor and that may be. More importantly, people are dependent on government agencies to supply them their necessities. Since they are handed everything and not working like many others, they have time on their hands. Time to get in trouble. Their fatherless families, lack of respect for authority and lack of independence AND the desire to change their situations are all sabotage of success of law abiding contributing members of society and the good of mankind.

But I am adding I was shocked as hell when I heard Trump allocated 16 BILLION dollars to Cummings district of Baltimore Maryland alone in 2018. I am in the process of searching how much money just in the last 10 years has went to some of these 'poor' cities and what the heck they did they with all the money. I think these leaders have a lot to answer for and instead of crying racism every time they are in the limelight for flaws in their management, they need to do what they were elected to do. Unfortunately, many of the same Democrat leaders are elected over and over so nothing ever changes even though billions are funneled in.

ETA:

And even more shocked to see this:

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Maryland had a debt of $26,592,571,000 in fiscal year 2015. The state debt per capita was $4,436.

WTH????? Cesspool of debt.
edit on 30-7-2019 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
what the heck they did they with all the money.

You already know. How many Baltimore mayors in a row have had to step down, 3? Corruption is rampant there.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Ok now look into the history of the industries that used to thrive in most of those areas.

Who were the ones to step in and attempt to fix those broken cities?
edit on 30-7-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with the party in charge.
All the blame goes on some people living in these cities.
Its easier to live the thug life in Chicago than in rural-opolis

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I'm sure each city has had it's booms and busts. I'm sure the least crime cities have also... maybe I should look at top 10 safest cities as balance... I'll see if I can find an answer to that.

But as to the worst run cities... "the proof is in the pudding" so to speak...
edit on 30-7-2019 by pianopraze because: misspelled pudding

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Ok now look into the history of the industries that used to thrive in most of those areas.

... then look at who was "in power" at the time of those "industries that used to thrive" and who was responsible for their downfalls 🥶🤬

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Some Cities SHOULD NOT BE REBUILT.....for common sense reasons like KISS logistics.

This is important because other Countries have abandoned Cities for the same reasons.

Many Cities were located where logistics demanded they be built to save the rotten rich plicks who were and still are in the processes of raping all of humanity fiscally.

Its time for a National Re-Location Commission to be formed.

Its time to put some of these places to sleep permanently.

Building creates jobs.....building new creates even more jobs...building and buying domestically can reinvigorate the entire Country with 50-100+ years of prosperity.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The question is. Was it the politics that destroyed these cities or was it the economic model that took them down? Detroit is a prime example.

So who is to blame, the Democrats or the federal government?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

The proof isn't in the pudding.

England and the UK used to the industrial powerhouse of planet earth, same with America, what happened?

link   
Yay! I made t he list! # 8

link   

The question is. Was it the politics that destroyed these cities or was it the economic model that took them down? Detroit is a prime example.

You first, then me 🎱

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Mine is a liberal sanctuary city, and its loaded with illegals, that cant even speak English.

I was walking my dogs and said "hi to a girl sitting on a tail gate, and said a couple sentences of small talk . She smiled, and looked confused, then got back on her phone speaking Spanish.

I saw these people with coaches, translating and telling them what and who to vote for, when I was in the voting polls. People on here didn't believe me. They pretty much called me a liar.......Democrats, of course..... Go figure.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Well, out with it. Who's to blame on the federal side?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Wheres Newark N.J. on that List ? A Hell Hole of Democrat Controlled Slum Infested Urban Decay for Over the last 60 Years Now ............

edit on 30-7-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

You mean the industries that had to flee the country to survive after NAFTA (Clinton) and Democratic tax laws?

Or the ones that were doing better, but had to flee these cities because of the additional tax burden imposed on them by Democratic leadership?

As far as someone stepping in and attempting to fix those broken cities, it certainly wasn't Democrats or they wouldn't be hellholes now.

No.. what Democrats did was come in, promise the moon and deliver nothing in return for votes and put a bunch of money into their own pockets.

Unless you are attempting to say that Democratic policies worked, after the Federal government has thrown billions and billions and billions of taxpayer dollars into Democratic hands to "fix" it?

Or can you just admit that Democratic policies for planned urban development don't actually work in reality because... see the OP for proof?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

It is both...in the past as it is today the Civil Leaders were corrupt and bent by the money wielded by Industrialists who were using TRANSPORTATION MONOPOLYS to bilk the entire world and still are doing just this....

Whatever benefitted the Industrialists was done including building Cities to house massive workforces in the LEAST LIKELY AND CHEAPEST PLACES...possible.... with the same plicks buying ALL THE LAND before they forced the people to locate there and buy it back from them so they could make some type of living barely above slave level...many Cities are located next to TRANSPORTATION HUBS because TPTB don't make money building selling or buying Widgets they make REAL MONEY moving everybody elses Widgets around the World.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Well, out with it. Who's to blame on the federal side?

Not falling for it.

You made first claim, you make first argument 😎

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

We all know who put the final nail in the coffin for those cities with nafta.

But who did people turn to and voted for to fix it? Did the Republicans step up to the plate? What did they have to offer to fox those cities?

I recall a heavy Republican economist tho who was for free trade, to allow foreign company's to compete, and every admin repubs and dem listened to his rhetoric. What was his name?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join