It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monetize Baltimore's rat problem.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
25 cents per dead rat, entire body. Be a lot less rats real fast.

Hey mom, I got a job! I am a trapper!!

When I was a kid, the local grain mill would sometimes allow you in at night to shoot rats with a pellet gun. Great big nasty Kentucky grain fed rats. Mean ole suckers.

Seriously, start a program to pay people to bring in dead rats. People make pocket change, enough for a dose of whatever they shoot up and the rat population drops.

Win for everybody!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
25 cents per dead rat, entire body. Be a lot less rats real fast.

Hey mom, I got a job! I am a trapper!!

When I was a kid, the local grain mill would sometimes allow you in at night to shoot rats with a pellet gun. Great big nasty Kentucky grain fed rats. Mean ole suckers.

Seriously, start a program to pay people to bring in dead rats. People make pocket change, enough for a dose of whatever they shoot up and the rat population drops.

Win for everybody!!!

As a kid we used to get paid 50 cents for a groundhog tail, $2.50 for a coyote tail.

Good times...

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Totally. Just have a table set up where people in Baltimore can just go check out a firearm for the weekend.
Great idea

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Totally. Just have a table set up where people in Baltimore can just go check out a firearm for the weekend.
Great idea

You don't need anything more powerful than a pellet gun for rats. Poison/traps would most likely be the method used.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Great idea

SoOo.. live traps are illegal in Baltimore too?

I mean, they may be and I don't know...

But I think you missed the premise a bit.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Funny.

Meanwhile, this guy is on to something...

twitter.com...

Would love to see that all across America.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Here's another idea.

Doesn't the local Baltimore jail have some inmates who just happen to have some free time on their hands?

Put their ass to work running trap lines.
edit on R492019-07-30T17:49:34-05:00k497Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
A bounty system would be a good idea, and it makes all kinds of sense for most major metros with rat problems. It would even be something the homeless could do for a few extra dollars.

You know why they would never do it though?

The animal cruelty lobby would get in the way. They have their knickers in a wad over the iguanas in Florida already, and those are invasive.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The animal cruelty lobby would get in the way. They have their knickers in a wad over the iguanas in Florida already, and those are invasive.

Perhaps the members of the animal cruelty lobby should move to Baltimore then to protect their furry friends...

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Bounty program's can only be the start.

Once you make a dent in the local rat population, you HAVE to clean up all the trash and crap that they feed on or they will come right back. Rats are prolific breeders.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

That isn’t monetizing rats I do not think lol...

I think you would have to sell the rats to someone for a functional purpose..

The state paying people is more of a bounty.

That said they often encounter people breeding them for profit.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: ketsuko

Perhaps the members of the animal cruelty lobby should move to Baltimore then to protect their furry friends...

Do you know how insane these things get?

Our city has an urban deer problem. They got especially bad in one large park. So they decided to cull the herd with hunting. Now, as big as the herd was and as untouched, you're looking at at least one, if not two, trophy bucks in there. Common sense says you auction off a select number of bow hunting licenses to the park for hunters a let them compete for the right to have first access to the herd.

You're looking at a fat auction there.

But no ... we had to bring in police sharpshooters, pay to train them specially to hunt deer, and then when it was all done, they couldn't even donate the meat to local food kitchens.
edit on 30-7-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
Bounty program's can only be the start.

Once you make a dent in the local rat population, you HAVE to clean up all the trash and crap that they feed on or they will come right back. Rats are prolific breeders.

Monetize that as well.

Call it "Trash for Cash".

You know it would work...

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Of course, it would. Look at what happens with scrap copper now.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

That would work...until idiots ruin it by trespassing and stake outs in people’s yards.
But I do like the idea.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Wonder if it would be a felony to transport dead rats across state lines for profit?

Asking for a friend.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

That would work...until idiots ruin it by trespassing and stake outs in people’s yards.
But I do like the idea.

No telling what kind of scheme people would come up with for catching more rats. Good old rat traps work perfectly fine and are usually good for several uses.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Having had pet rats, they're smart little suckers, so it would be an interesting battle to watch.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

It wouldn't be two days before someone would set up a rat breeding farm in their garages.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The first question of the Second Democratic Debate: "Show of hands, will your plan cover Healthcare for all the Rats in Baltimore"?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join