It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California governor signs bill requiring Trump release his tax returns to appear on ballot

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I kind of see your point, and on your last sentence I completely agree.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yeah I get it.

This is gonna be great the next time some Democratic nominee decides not to release their taxes. I'm gonna bookmark this thread.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Who cares. Seriously? Do you ask your girlfriend/boyfriend when you start dating if you can look at their tax returns? I mean, they will have more of an impact on your life than a POTUS candidate. Think about that.

Taxes are down but revenues are up. If you make less than 15 bucks an hour you really paid no tax but got a small return. Those who complain are those who took advantage of the system. It is being leveled right now.

This is grandstanding at it's finest because I feel he will run in 2024. Look at his backing, his roots, his family. This is all to show he can stand up to the threat.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: seagull

Yeah I get it.

This is gonna be great the next time some Democratic nominee decides not to release their taxes. I'm gonna bookmark this thread.

Do an ATS search.

I defended the Evil Blood Queen of Vomit and Death Hillary the Clinton when she didn't release hers.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

The same law applies to any Democrat who runs against him. Transparency on both sides is a good thing.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

and if someone actually manages to hack into the voter's rolls or the actual election machines, which there was at least an attempt to do in the 2016 election, we all might be disenfranchised.
and yet, mitch and friends just shot down two bills (think more really, but two since the mueller report and the intelligence hearing again pointed out how vulnerable our elections are to hacking and such) in an attempt to strenthen our election integrity. one of the reasons I have heard given was that it was an attempt to hand more power over to the federal gov't over the elections, a power that now is held mainly by the states..

so, who should have the power, the state, or the federal gov't, when it comes to rules as to what qualifies a person to run in their elections as well as who is responsible for assuring the elections are fair and secure?
personally, I think our elected representatives should be required to submit both their income tax records as well as their birth certificates.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
are you sure she didn't release hers??

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: DBCowboy
are you sure she didn't release hers??

Don't know and don't care. I just remember when the topic came up I made the point that she didn't need to.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
He won't show his Taxes because of the Epstein connection

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The tax return movement people are now just as pathetic as the birther movement people were.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Feel free. I'll say the same thing at that point that I'm sayin' now. They don't have to.

What part of that are so many having issues understanding??

If Clinton, or whomever, don't want to divulge, they don't have to. Period.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Best case scenario is Cali doesn't let him on and the SCoTUS rules they don't count for the election until they fix their law.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Best case scenario is Cali doesn't let him on and the SCoTUS rules they don't count for the election until they fix their law.

And you think the LA riots were bad. Yeah let them try that one.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Guyfriday

They already do. That's been the practice for a while now.

Why is Trump hiding his?

Because they are none of your damned business?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeoStarchild
a reply to: RickyD

*Constitutional Convention of the States.

That is the hard way, and never been done. The easy way is how it has been done in the past.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I think it should be a national requirement.
We should know who we are voting for.

As if seeing someones 1040 is going to 'tell you who they are'.

Now, I will say, I'd love to see the tax returns of people who enter Congress with little to no money, and leave 2, 4 or whatever years later with millions.

What should be a law is full transparency on every single dollar 'earned' while in office.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeoStarchild
a reply to: Nickn3

I sure don't. I was just giving the correct term.

There are two ways to amend the Constitution.

The way you described has never been used, and would be an unmitigated disaster if attempted today.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Because he is not a career politician and his business holdings are complex. Can you imagine how many things they could spin out of his taxes that are legal but to the average Joe seemingly illegal. Obama was a nothing with nothing. George W. Bush was a trust baby. Bill Clinton was a poor Arkansas nothing. Trump has many business interests and delving into his taxes is complex. Not easy to interpret. If there was something illegal THE DAMN IRS WOULD ALREADY BE ON IT FROM THE OBAMA ERA. Jeez you hopeless TDS'ers hang onto CNN, MSNBC, and the other Marxist propagandists.

edit on 1-8-2019 by Ansuzrune because: Cant say MS'___' I guess

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

That govnr must not be tired of losing.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
How about a birth certificate while we are at it. At the DMV to get a real ID I had to produce a Social Security card, a bill showing my current address, and a pass port. I think Obama should have produced a Birth certificate, records of his degrees form the Universities he claims he went to and other documents as he was the true Manchurian candidate. He would have been outed fast. Trump keeps on winning!! How is your blood pressure? On any meds yet? Have your safe room ready for 2020 or just lock yourself in a car and scream into the glove box.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join