It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California governor signs bill requiring Trump release his tax returns to appear on ballot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: loam

One should note this only applies to the primary race.

FAKE NEWS!
There is no 2020 Republican presidential primary in California or any state.

If you can be wrong about something as black and white (and easily researched) as this, what else are you wrong about? It really should make you think. Use this as a moment of reflection and reconsider your positions on some more nuanced issues.

And for the love of God please don't edit this post. It's great entertainment.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

FAKE NEWS!

Hmmmmm But .. 💫🥶💫

Presidential election in California, 2020

California will hold an election for president of the United States on November 3, 2020, along with 49 other states and the District of Columbia. The Democratic and Republican parties will hold primary elections in California on March 3, 2020.

About that, primary day is for federal, and local primaries. Just bc the Reps have one, does not mean a Pres primary is on the ticket.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

There are Republicans running for reelection and being "primaried" in California, but there are no Republicans primarying President Trump.

The Republican National Committee is not presenting anyone to oppose President Trump during the 2020 primary season. There is no Republican presidential primary happening in California.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

FAKE NEWS!

You should immediately get on the phone to complain to the California's state legislature, the governor's office, and the SoS for missing something only you see.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Who is running against Trump on the Republican ticket? Who is it that will force the Republican party will put on a Convention and hold a primary, in California or any other state? When are the Republican presidential primary debates?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

You're correct. What's the point.

We already know Trump is a crook.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I'm not in favor of this bill, for a number of reasons. I'm sure that it will be challenged in court. And, most probably this bill was inspired by Donald Trump.

But that being said, there is no way this bill was passed and signed to stop Donald Trump from appearing the California primary ballot. He's not being primaried. This won't effect Pres Trump one way or the other. It's a non issue, as far as Trump's 2020 re-election bid is concerned.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Who is running against Trump on the Republican ticket? Who is it that will force the Republican party will put on a Convention and hold a primary, in California or any other state? When are the Republican presidential primary debates?

Yeah you don't know how elections work. A number of Republicans, such as John Kasich, have teased about running against Trump. If they decide to throw their hat in the ring, there is still time to get on the ballot in California and all the other states. So yes, the primary in Cali in March does indeed include a Presidential primary. The fact that there is no challenger at this time doesn't mean that there's no Republican presidential primary in California. You're wrong. Wherever you got that talking point from did you a great disservice. Stop embarrassing yourself.
edit on 30 7 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

www.fec.gov...

That's a pretty big list.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Prove it.

Show me the RNC preparations for a Convention, a debate schedule or any other presidential primary preparation or promotion.

The RNC places requirements on potential presidential nominees. Someone can't just say, I'm thinking of challenging Trump, and get a green light from the Republican Nation Committees to challenge their incumbent candidate in a primary election.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I feel rather certain that Team Mueller very carefully scrutinized Trumps and all the others associated with the campaign's tax returns already and turned up a nothing burger. The SDNY prosecutors have definatly been scrutinizing them and recently said no charges to be filed. The New York Times had at least partial returns for several years and if there was a there there, it would have been front page. Any new election laws at the federal level would be a little late to have any effect on Trump as it would require 2/3 vote in Congress followed by at least 38 State legislatures ratifying it, and our politicians rarely move faster than a snail.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

2020 Republican National Convention

2020 Republican Party presidential primaries
edit on 30-7-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

originally posted by: xuenchen

FAKE NEWS!

Hmmmmm But .. 💫🥶💫

Presidential election in California, 2020

California will hold an election for president of the United States on November 3, 2020, along with 49 other states and the District of Columbia. The Democratic and Republican parties will hold primary elections in California on March 3, 2020.

About that, primary day is for federal, and local primaries. Just bc the Reps have one, does not mean a Pres primary is on the ticket.

Presidential Primary Election - March 3, 2020

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I think it should be a national requirement.
We should know who we are voting for.

I know I made the correct voting choice.
Ever since he won, he has been making Leftists howl like they have been kicked in the nutsack.
Perfect choice.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Read this until you understand:

He is not required to by any statute or law. Therefore, it's no ones business save his, his accountant, and the IRS.

That's it.

Do you honestly think that if there was anything below board that the IRS, or some other lickspittle govt. lackey, wouldn't have leaked it by now?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

That still doesn't prove that there is going to be a 2020 Republican primary, organized though the RNC. President Trump is the head of the Republican Party, and the incumbent. Time will tell. I'll believe it when I see it.

It's just not logical to think that a controversial California bill, requiring political parties to require their primary candidates disclose their tax returns, is aimed at stopping Donald Trump's reelection. Donald Trump isn't, in any serious sense, being "primaried".

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

2020 Republican National Convention

2020 Republican Party presidential primaries

These events will elect most of the 2,472 delegates to send to the Republican National Convention. Delegates to the national convention may otherwise be elected by the respective state party organizations.

Delegates will be elected during the 2020 Republican primary.

The delegates to the national convention will vote, by ballot, to select the Republican Party's nominee for President of the United States in the 2020 election

Delegates vote, not the voting public, to select the Republican Party's nominee for President of the United States in the 2020 election. That's not the same as a Republican presidential primary election on the California primary ballot.

edit on 30-7-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

“Presidential candidates need to put their own interests aside in the name of transparency,” bill author, state Sen. Mike McGuire (D), said in a statement. “So far, our current president has done the opposite. It’s time that President Trump steps up, stops with the obstruction, and follows through with 40 years of time-honored tradition that has made this nation’s democracy stronger.”

www.google.com...

Looks like the bill's author was indeed taking aim at Trump. He, along with the rest of California's legislature and governor, just weren't very good at it.

Clear miss.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Governor Newsom should lead by example and release tax returns for all California congress people for the last 10 years.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I have no doubt that the ire that Trump's refusal to disclose his tax returns has evoked inspired the writing, passing and signing of this bill. I think it's a statement, and an attempt to make sure it doesn't happen again. But, it can't stop President Trump's name being on the general election ballot. And, as far as I know, there is no serious Republican presidential primary at stake, in 2020

This bill just isn't going to do what the headline suggests it will do. I say, "fake news".

I do think it will be challenged in the courts, regardless. And, I think it will be shot down.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join