It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California governor signs bill requiring Trump release his tax returns to appear on ballot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

You learn a lot from their Disclosure they all have to fill out. It is grandstanding.

Link

This is all that is required so it is enough.

edit on Julpm31pmf0000002019-07-30T16:52:22-05:000422 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Many anti-Trumpers have already seen his tax returns. As porous as this administration's leaks have been, does anyone really think anything truly damaging wouldn't have already been revealed?

At this point, I think Trump has made a calculated decision to keep the issue alive. Trust me, it hurts the left far more than it hurts him.

That guy Maddow over on MSNBC already showed one tax return, proving he was "paying his fair share", and Bernie was not..

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: grey580

You learn a lot from their Disclosure they all have to fill out. It is grandstanding.

Link

This is all that is required so it is enough.

Smacked with facts. I retract my comments about a federal law.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Many anti-Trumpers have already seen his tax returns. As porous as this administration's leaks have been, does anyone really think anything truly damaging wouldn't have already been revealed?

At this point, I think Trump has made a calculated decision to keep the issue alive. Trust me, it hurts the left far more than it hurts him.

That guy Maddow over on MSNBC already showed one tax return, proving he was "paying his fair share", and Bernie was not..

"Paying your fair share" is such a crock of #. Congress creates the rules for taxation. As long as you pay what you are legally obligated to pay and not a penny more then you have paid plenty. If Congress doesn't think its "fair" they can change the tax laws whenever they like.

And I didnt mean to direct this at you, but quoted as a means to show what triggered this thought to occur. Totally agree with your post, especially about the little man at MsNBC.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

"Paying your fair share" is such a crock of #. Congress creates the rules for taxation. As long as you pay what you are legally obligated to pay and not a penny more then you have paid plenty. If Congress doesn't think its "fair" they can change the tax laws whenever they like.

And I didnt mean to direct this at you, but quoted as a means to show what triggered this thought to occur. Totally agree with your post, especially about the little man at MsNBC.

I don't think they will ever think its fair, until they don't have to give back what you overpaid.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
My first post here guys, just joined, hope to make it a good argument lol
Famcore, you're privileged to get my first ever reply!

I don't know why the left, right, center or anyone for that matter hasn't figured this out yet.
If they want to win the election, it's pretty easy.
Aside from cancelling student loans, all they have to do is cancel all child support arrears nationwide. Considering there is an unofficial 90% divorce rate in our nation, that is more than two third of the population plagued with child support extortion racket.
Get rid of all the arrears, re-instate their drivers licenses and passports so they can work and travel freely, and see their kids, and you have all the non-custodial parents to vote for you, guaranteed, and some sympathetic custodial ones also.
Child support is a grass roots time bomb that nobody realizes can work miracles in their favor if they help the suffering non-parents out. They have to make sure to reform it completely in and out over time.

Especially make an educated assessment not to forgive/help the abusers, killers, rapists, and pedophiles, etc. and they should be fine.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Democrats won't ever think its fair until the government takes all of your pay and all of your wealth and distributes it evenly after the politicians skim their cut off of the top.
edit on 30-7-2019 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Guyfriday

They already do. That's been the practice for a while now.

Why is Trump hiding his?

If the president should then so should all of Congress and let's start in California, Nancy Pelosi can be first.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I think it should be a national requirement.
We should know who we are voting for.

Pffft
No way
Like the irs cant do its job
You idiots change laws cause your pissed off
How bout you pass laws that actually benefit people

This is why the dems will lose
You dont care about real life
You care only about pc bs

Enjoy your L

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I think it should be a national requirement.
We should know who we are voting for.

Maybe we should. Then you might find out the truth about who you support.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
A lot of people hated Abe Lincoln too. Now look at those fools. They are on the wrong side of history. I used to think people on the far left were hiding their brains, until I realized they were in plain sight, if you used a microscope. After we figure out who was behind the coup, we need to bill them for the Mueller investigation, give the rest of their money to Trump for damages, and put them In a federal prison. Good idea? What do you think? Hang on a sec, and let me get my scope out... cheers:

originally posted by: grey580
It's funny. This started under Nixon.

"People have got to know whether or not their president is a crook," Nixon told reporters in November 1973. "Well, I am not a crook."

Because.

"One of the reasons that Nixon released his returns was that people were saying, 'Hey, how can we trust the IRS to investigate this guy honestly and fairly when he's their boss?'" Thorndike said.

/Shrugs
:

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Have they? Please share some links so we all can see. Fake news

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

This might be the craziest post ever and there are many! Give Trump the taxpayers money? You said the far left is hiding their brains in plain sight? Your post shows who doesn't have a brain.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

Right after you show me the links that no one on the left works at the IRS.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Stevenjames15

Right after you show me the links that no one on the left works at the IRS.

Or that nobody who ran the IRS under Obama ever singled out conservative groups...

Right?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
a reply to: visitedbythem

This might be the craziest post ever and there are many! Give Trump the taxpayers money? You said the far left is hiding their brains in plain sight? Your post shows who doesn't have a brain.

Why don't you try reading again.

Have Hillary pay the Mueller bill, and give the rest of her hoarded money to Trump for her attempted Coup and harassment of a dually elected US President. That goes for Barack too

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Here is s good article to start.

Follow the banks in question as well.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

One should note this only applies to the primary race.

FAKE NEWS!
There is no 2020 Republican presidential primary in California or any state.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

One should note this only applies to the primary race.

FAKE NEWS!
There is no 2020 Republican presidential primary in California or any state.

Hmmmmm But .. 💫🥶💫

Presidential election in California, 2020

California will hold an election for president of the United States on November 3, 2020, along with 49 other states and the District of Columbia. The Democratic and Republican parties will hold primary elections in California on March 3, 2020.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
the whole release your returns used to be so that one candidate could attack another for not donating money/etc. That's it. It would be something you could ding an opponent on. What, a news cycle saying your income was not that much? Nope. It was all about donations and charitable contributions. There has not been a candidate in recent memory with as many holdings as Trump. Not even close. He had a foundation he had to close. It contributed all of it's money and it was less than Clinton payroll for their foundation for a year if I remember reading correctly.

I don't want to see the returns before they go into office. I want to see the ones when they leave...

edit on Julpm31pmf0000002019-07-30T18:07:28-05:000628 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join