It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California governor signs bill requiring Trump release his tax returns to appear on ballot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

California governor signs bill requiring Trump release his tax returns to appear on ballot

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) on Tuesday signed a bill requiring President Trump to release his tax returns before he can appear on the state's 2020 primary ballot.

Under S.B. 27, called the "Presidential Tax Transparency and Accountability Act," any candidate running for president or governor of California will be required to file copies of the last five years of their tax returns to the California secretary of State.

"As one of the largest economies in the world and home to one in nine Americans eligible to vote, California has a special responsibility to require this information of presidential and gubernatorial candidates," Newsom said in a statement.

It just keeps getting better.

One should note this only applies to the primary race. So essentially toothless, given Trump will still appear on the Presidential ballot...and it's a State he'd unlikely carry anyway.

But...

Does anyone doubt we are moving towards a true national crisis? Some people won't be satisfied until they've burned the whole place down.

Good luck everyone.

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Hum? so all of these Democrat candies will now have to show the world were their money comes from. Seems like it back-fired already.

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

California or Gavin Newsom has no power to make Federal laws what a joke .

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You've really got to love how left-leaning (or becoming more common, radical leftists) who are supposed to be helping craft legislation and support our republic, are instead wasting time and taxpayers money on tripe like this

And banning plastic straws:

Banning words like "manhole", and banning Natural Gas as a heat source

And giving healthcare to illegal immigrants...

And now talking about "decriminalizing illegal border crossings", "'forgiving' or 'canceling' student loan debt", "giving away $25,000 to families of certain demographics so they can buy a home", the list goes on. Let's take money from hard working tax payers and reward criminals and "cancel" student loan debt, and only "give away" thousands of dollars to people who check a certain box for their ethnicity.

Talk about racists and hypocrites... the democrats have absolutely lost their minds.
edit on 30-7-2019 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

They already do. That's been the practice for a while now.

Why is Trump hiding his?

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Why is Trump hiding his?

It is a practice, not a law.

I am me, what is mine is mine, and screw you for wanting to know people's personal info.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Why is Trump hiding his?

Yeah that’s been the “practice”, but not required by any law.
I don’t care where Trump gets his money, just as long as the deranged Dems don’t get any more of my money.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

It's not law, so why should he. I think that was his point all along, just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean he will. Now if a federal law was made, then I could see him doing this, but this California thing might be unconstitutional so I'm will to see him watch others fight it.

Do you think members of the DNC will honestly show their taxes for the last five years? That's the question of what's going on here isn't it.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

What's he hiding... ? A 2020 win.

The only thing that will come from him showing his returns are more hurt feelings.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well it won't make one bit of difference...they can literally pass 100 bills stipulating anything under the sun to appear on the ballot. The fact is you can not add requirements to what the constitution says are the requirements of being President. This will just be struck down by the SCOTUS...just like any other such bill would. Its all a show for more liberal votes.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Would require ammending the constitution...

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Many anti-Trumpers have already seen his tax returns. As porous as this administration's leaks have been, does anyone really think anything truly damaging wouldn't have already been revealed?

At this point, I think Trump has made a calculated decision to keep the issue alive. Trust me, it hurts the left far more than it hurts him.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

*Constitutional Convention of the States.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Big yawn.

It'll be thrown out by the courts.

If it doesn't get thrown out the precedent will be set and it'll be bad, bad, bad.

Want to be on Nevada ballot? Fantastic! Just release your full medical history!

Want to be on the Texas ballot? Great! Just release your social media passwords so a full inventory of all your private messages can be published!

If this precedent is allowed to stand, it opens a worm hole that will never stop; which is why the courts will strike it down.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
He must had big plans for those billions in bullet train fraud and waste Trump took back. He's definitely triggered. Those funds had to be tied to some quid pro quos he can no longer deliver to his donors.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

If its only the primaries then the title is not true.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think it should be a national requirement.
We should know who we are voting for.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

Exactly.

Although I was thinking this must really be a sucky time to be a Supreme Court Justice. At some point, you have to wonder if even they will reach their limit and call it quits.

Mad times.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It's funny. This started under Nixon.

"People have got to know whether or not their president is a crook," Nixon told reporters in November 1973. "Well, I am not a crook."

Because.

"One of the reasons that Nixon released his returns was that people were saying, 'Hey, how can we trust the IRS to investigate this guy honestly and fairly when he's their boss?'" Thorndike said.

/Shrugs

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The title is not mine.

Wait. Are you pointing out that a left stream rag isn't accurate? Lol

edit on 30-7-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join