It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COWBOYS WANTED / Herd of 75 buffalo is on the run after escaping farm in upstate New York!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

A herd of roughly 75 buffalo have been wreaking havoc on local farms since late last week, when they broke through the fencing on a local ranch and started wandering across the countryside — and grazing at will on area crops.

The owner of the animals, Brian Grubb of Bison Island farm near Sharon Springs said he fears people are pursuing them, a strategy that is scattering creatures that would usually hang together as a single herd.

COWBOYS WANTED / Herd of 75 buffalo is on the run after escaping farm in upstate New York!

This isn't a joke. These animals are dangerous, worth money and they have fanned out across New York State. The farmer needs help and I will assume will pay to get them back. I attached his phone number of the farm as its a tourist destination. The herd remain on the loose since they broke down a fence last Thursday in upstate New York. The owners are saying that no one in law enforcement wants to step up and assume ownership as they are simply not equipped to deal with these 1000 pound plus animals who can smash a car.

Troopers ask anyone who sees any of the buffalo to contact the farm (518) 588-1402 or State Police at Richfield Springs at (315) 858-1122.

Here's the name and address of the Farmer [owner] of the herd.

Brian Grubb • (518) 588-1402 191 Gardnersville Rd., Cobleskill, NY 12043 www.bisonisland.com info@bisonisland.com

New York Post

Wanted: Be on lookout for 75 buffalo on the loose near Cooperstown
edit on 30-7-2019 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 30-7-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

he fears people are pursuing them, a strategy that is scattering creatures that would usually hang together as a single herd.

Well, what the heck do you expect farmers to do? Watch them destroy their crops?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I saw this story and thought OK. But they cant find them and they escaped last Thursday. The owner did make an odd statement but they cant find the Buffalos, all 75 of them. I would assume that the owners of the herd's insurance carrier must be looking for experienced handlers to get these guys so I launched this thread. Otherwise the Buffalo will end up being shot either by the cops or homeowners.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
If DB isn’t along shortly to say he’s looking to start an ATS posse to sign up and go sort this mess out I’ll be forced to conclude he’s a fraud and not a real cowboy at all.

edit on 30/7/2019 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
That's a lot of wings.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'll need a prepaid flight booked for myself and my horse, and a grub stake.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Buffalo are not really domesticated, and sometimes, they choose to remind us.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I wonder how a good cow dog would fare against a herd of Buffalo?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree
That's a lot of wings.

well played!

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

badly

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The farmer we get our beef from had their donkey open the gate and it led their cows down the road to town. I guess the grass must be greener on the non organic farms.

Ok, since the Donkey did it then, chances are that a donkey was involved in this escape too, just blame it on the Democrats.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

thats close to me, i know zero abut being a cowboy however

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
When a big bull gets piss off, it like being chased by a pickup truck. Do not approach a buffalo.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I read today the farmer located 60 / 75 and they are trying to tease them back with the carrot on a stick approach. Bison must have a sweet tooth for something?

When I was in Germany on business during Oktoberfest we went to a festival and drank Hefeweizen wheat beer. It looked like orange juice and had a lemon tangy taste. The farmer may want to try some of that in a 50 gallon tub on the back of a pickup truck and see if they follow. That or try pig swill and add in some beer. Or they may get nuts drunk and go on a stampede drive.

edit on 31-7-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
I wonder how a good cow dog would fare against a herd of Buffalo?
I had an Aussie shepherd that tried to herd vehicles on the highway.
He faired poorly.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
There were some buffs who got out here about two years ago. They ran straight for about 15 miles and tore down every ranch fence in their way! Nothing stops them! The sheriff flew the path and he said it looked like a bulldozer cut a perfectly straight path of destruction. Tore down corrals, loafing sheds, horse stalls...just everything. Set about 500 other animals loose in the process (cattle, horses, sheep, you name it).

No idea how much it cost the owner, but I'm sure the damages were in the millions.

Funny part was, we were actually talking about possibly getting some buffalo when that happened! Pretty much killed that idea right off!!

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Buffalos kick ass!

top topics

join