It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender weightlifter’s gold medal sparks new debate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Why not just have a transgender category?

Way to be divisive.

Why, what's to hide or be divisive about?

He's just using partial sarcasm. Unfortunately, the transgenders would claim that having their own category goes against the very goal they are trying to achieve...to become members of the opposite sex without being placed in a separate group. Transgenders would start a divisive argument over this. LOL!

edit on 30-7-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII
he was

Executive Officer for Olympic Weightlifting New Zealand.

before he transitioned
seems that is a position for a "man" is it not?

what is your definion of "men"?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Does this mean if someone identifies as mentally retarded, they can enter into the Special Olympics?

Asking for a friend who wants to take home the gold!

Thanks for asking for me, DB...but I've, instead, decided to self-identify as a terminally-ill, 8 yr. old,...so 'Make-A-Wish' will send me to Disneyworld.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I once made the mistake of identifying as Barbra Streisand.

Now James Brolin won't stop calling me.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

There is no way a natural woman athlete has the same max lifting capacity as a similar sized transgender athlete who had years of building muscle mass as a full testaterone male.

It's just genetics and an unfair competitive advantage.

That we are even having this discussion shows how far off the road we have gone.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

They should be given medals.

Just silver medals that are gold-plated.

Or a lump of lead and told to transition it into gold...

"Look at my gold medal you guys!!"
"It's lead mate..."
"It's GOLD. And she's pretty."

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

There is no way a natural woman athlete has the same max lifting capacity as a similar sized transgender athlete who had years of building muscle mass as a full testaterone male. It's just genetics and an unfair competitive advantage.

As former Executive Officer for Olympic Weightlifting New Zealand you would think she would know this?
Seems she will be representing the kiwis in the summer games in Japan.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I think the best solution is an "Open Class". Anyone can enter - man, woman, animal, transitioning, whatever. No drug tests, no limits - winner gets the gold!

Ok, now what group have I offended with this idea?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This is like reason #2 aliens refuse to make contact. They’ve probably tapped in our media networks and saw someone looking like Hulk Hogan in a dress beating the hell out of a girl in MMA, and people saying it’s fair.
Just two girls competing. Yes one has a penis, but it’s two girls, the internets told me so.
Why is anyone defending this crap???

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

I once made the mistake of identifying as Barbra Streisand.

Now James Brolin won't stop calling me.

You are a sick man. Of all the women in the world you could have transitioned to you chose Barbara Streisand. You must like torture, because looking in the mirror every morning and seeing Barbara Streisand would be a living hell.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'm identifying as a black lesbian....

Give me stuff!

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

I think the best solution is an "Open Class". Anyone can enter - man, woman, animal, transitioning, whatever. No drug tests, no limits - winner gets the gold!

It's great idea but women wouldn't really be able to compete in many events. We have the Special Olympics, the Paralympics....we even have the Deaflympics! I suggest the Tranolympics. Everybody wins!

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
May as well be this.....

If the new zealanders have their way

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

It's great idea but women wouldn't really be able to compete in many events. We have the Special Olympics, the Paralympics....we even have the Deaflympics! I suggest the Tranolympics. Everybody wins!

Great idea but I would be confused as hell while I watched it. First they would have to divide it into at least two classes .. women who think they are men, men that think they are women. But then when they were doing the play by play they would be calling the he's she's and the she's he's. I wouldn't know which end was up. I always get confused on news articles when they call him he in the past and then she in the present.. It's confusing, it's like reading something written by a schizophrenic. However, it may be amusing to watch just for all the bad make up.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

The idea of it made me laugh too!

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Here we go again..No, just no, this is ridonkulous.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
You know, its just so strange we dont see women lining up to transition and move into mens sports. Just blows my mind. Doesnt it blow your mind? I know my mind is blown right now.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
We've gone so far down the rabbit hole with this that the Le Leche league has updated its literature to include "men who CAN breastfeed" and "women" who can't.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that you can identify as whatever you like, but you can't give hormones to kids or compete in sports as the opposite "gender" you were born as.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

I'm transroyalty. I identify as a king, last of my line and demand everyone recognize me as such. "my King" is acceptable, as is "milord."

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
You know, its just so strange we dont see women lining up to transition and move into mens sports. Just blows my mind. Doesnt it blow your mind? I know my mind is blown right now.

Mind=Blown

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join