It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discrepancies in Social Media Followers of Politicians with Votes.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
And I believe a high percentage of "Followers" of Democrats are a combination of fake bot accounts and single personalities with 100s possibly 1000s of **duplicate accounts -- different names** managed by PR firms paid to promote Democrat BS 😎💫🥶

No, that was the Russian troll farms, who favored Trump over Hillary.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Arnie123

AI isn't very far off and I have kept as low a profile as I am comfortable with. ATS is my biggest weakness, but even with this I use a vpn which means JS to those that know what they are doing but it is something. I am not part of the FB and Twitter generation I don't feel the need to air my business of what I am doing where I am at to all to see at all times.
Rightfully and respectfully so.

I dabbled in social media of course, but it fell off shortly after 2010, now I just stick to Twitter and even than I don't post personal business, rather I use it as a means of support for President Trump.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Yes, but you get more online followers, forwarders and retweets by saying something bombastic and outrageous, than you do from being reasoned and truthful.

'Social' media is like a competition to see who can outdo everyone else in entertaining the irrational. It has nothing to do with the truth.
That's subjective.

I've experienced and recieved attention from both buzz tweets and common sense reasonings in some of my postings.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Only if you are left-wing, which you do even in these forums as well...

"OMG Trump is a racist, he wants to deport ALL IMMIGRANTS" Nope, only ILLEGALS just like OBAMA/Biden did.

"OMG Trump's administration is detaining U.S. citizens and could deport them too." Same thing happened under Obama/Biden.

From 2013...
U.S. Citizens Mistakenly Snared, Deported by DHS and ICE

"OMG, Trump called ALL IMMIGRANTS as ANIMALS" Nope, he was talking about MS-13 gang members...

"OMG, Trump colluded with Russia" Nope, all 5 investigations, including Mueller's pro-Clinton democrat lawyers couldn't find evidence of collusion, OR obstruction... That still didn't stop them from claiming "they thought he tried to obstruct..."

Etc, etc, etc.

In fact, it has been the left and left-wing media whom for the past 3 years + have been posting lies after lies, after lies. And left-wingers have had to resort to making up FAKE HATE CRIMES because not enough of them happen to fit their narrative...

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Riiight, is that why Steele's informants were Russian officials such as "Vyacheslav Trubnikov and Vladislav Surkov?" Surkov whom happens to be Putin's top Russian advisor... And this information came from none other than former Obama State Department official Kathleen Kavalec... Christopher Steele's own testimony admitted that these two were the Russian informants he used to write the "dossier..."

Steele Identified Russian Dossier Sources, Notes Reveal

Why would the Russians do this to their "mole" as you leftists continue to claim?...

Plenty of conservatives have been banned by Twitter and were called "bots." Heck even I am still being labeled by the Liberal staff of Twitter as a possible bot... Every person that follows me, and I follow has said the same thing about them being labeled as possible bots, or worse. There is a website that tells you how does "Twitter staff" rate you. I have posted it in the past.

edit on 30-7-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   

And I believe a high percentage of "Followers" of Democrats are a combination of fake bot accounts and single personalities with 100s possibly 1000s of **duplicate accounts -- different names** managed by PR firms paid to promote Democrat BS 😎💫🥶

You can list all the "names" right ?

And how they swayed "people" to vote for Trump ?

Not even Mueller can 😧😎🚬

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
This loser is still going on with “the Russians”???

What a clown,

“The Russians” influenced the election

Yeah right

What’s his next LIE gonna be when the 2020 elections are over?? The French did it? The Aussies did it?

Meanwhile defending his failure of a ‘leader’ who got LESS than 36% of the ‘popular vote’ in her country and is now seen as a joke in every country on earth.

Just pathetic

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   
People are allowed to post things on Facebook

Just because SOME happened to be ‘Russians’ does NOT mean they should not be posting on Facebook

How many MILLIONS and MILLIONS of “never trump anti trump racist trump bigot trump anti trump racist trump” losers were posting on Facebook at the same time????

How many?

But yet “the Russians” influenced the elections.

I think it’s an IQ thing. And he’s lacking.

We still see the lies spouted by the easily-manipulated. Lies like “he’s racist”.

Who was ‘influenced’???? It’s not hard to tell.
edit on 30 7 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   

You have to keep in mind not everybody following Trump on twitter/fb is from the USA or a supporter. Some (like me) just like to see first hand what he is ranting on about today.
And everybody else is just by far less entertaining.
With his rallies you'd first have to convince me that a lot of the crowd are not his hardcore fans and actually the same people all the time.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Riiight, is that why Steele's informants were Russian officials such as "Vyacheslav Trubnikov and Vladislav Surkov?" Surkov whom happens to be Putin's top Russian advisor... And this information came from none other than former Obama State Department official Kathleen Kavalec... Christopher Steele's own testimony admitted that these two were the Russian informants he used to write the "dossier..."

Steele Identified Russian Dossier Sources, Notes Reveal

Why would the Russians do this to their "mole" as you leftists continue to claim?...

Plenty of conservatives have been banned by Twitter and were called "bots." Heck even I am still being labeled by the Liberal staff of Twitter as a possible bot... Every person that follows me, and I follow has said the same thing about them being labeled as possible bots, or worse. There is a website that tells you how does "Twitter staff" rate you. I have posted it in the past.

I was not referring to the Steele dossier.

I was referring to the findings in the Mueller report among other more credentialed sources.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: chr0naut

Only if you are left-wing, which you do even in these forums as well...

My past political preferences have usually favored center right parties, but, of course, in the countries where I am resident, not the US.

"OMG Trump is a racist, he wants to deport ALL IMMIGRANTS" Nope, only ILLEGALS just like OBAMA/Biden did.

Trump was calling some people 'illegals' before they were anywhere near the border and most of them have also not attempted to enter the US illegally, even now.

They are only illegal if they enter the US illegally. Trump labelled a much larger group of people illegal, when they weren't.

"OMG Trump's administration is detaining U.S. citizens and could deport them too." Same thing happened under Obama/Biden.

From 2013...
U.S. Citizens Mistakenly Snared, Deported by DHS and ICE

"OMG, Trump called ALL IMMIGRANTS as ANIMALS" Nope, he was talking about MS-13 gang members...

"OMG, Trump colluded with Russia" Nope, all 5 investigations

Collusion isn't a Federal crime. No investigations were into that.

, including Mueller's pro-Clinton democrat lawyers couldn't find evidence of collusion, OR obstruction... That still didn't stop them from claiming "they thought he tried to obstruct..."

Etc, etc, etc.

In fact, it has been the left and left-wing media whom for the past 3 years + have been posting lies after lies, after lies. And left-wingers have had to resort to making up FAKE HATE CRIMES because not enough of them happen to fit their narrative...

Trump tweets all sorts of stuff.

He is playing the social media game for maximum 'likes'.

This also means that it isn't fake and is on permanent public record.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I guess obama wins whatever silly contest this thread was about.......

You are correct . Anda ll those folk that follow Barry are the losers.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 03:30 AM
link   

You can list all the "names" right ?

And how they swayed "people" to vote for Trump ?

Not even Mueller can 😧😎🚬

Well, Twitter has released a database with a total of about 10 million Tweets from the Russian tolls. Of course, 10 million taxes most PC's so some academics converted some of the output into some .csv files

Here's 3 million of the Tweets in a nice easy to search format.

... and this was only Twitter.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Pffft

So ‘the russians’ efforts Absolutely PALE in comparison to the ‘influence’ that the lying msm and their brainwashed followers had on social media

What a surprise

FAR MORE people were ‘influenced’ to vote against trump (because “he’s racist”) than were influenced to vote against Clinton.

I’d even wager that not one single individual person changed their vote from Clinton to Trump due to ‘the russians’

“But but, there were tweets”

Unprovable either way I guess but anyone looking at ANY social media site could, and still can, see the OVERWHELMING bias at every single level.

But “ze Russians”

Yeah right

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Hundreds of millions of posts and tweets and what have you on social media every single day

OVERWHELMINGLY and vehemently anti-Trump. But yet a few million ‘tweets’ are one hundred percent directly responsible for Trump winning the election

(Even though racist redneck Hicks don’t use the internet at all, right?)

When one asks anybody why they didn’t vote Trump ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of the time the answer is ‘racist bigot hateful fascist anti-immigrant’ and words to that effect.

EVERY SINGLE ONE of which are troll-generated and media-generated lies. Still spouted today. By the easily-manipulated and UNDENIABLY created in order to ‘influence’ the election.

MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of hourly tweets and posts are no match for a measly ten million tweets over a period of months? How is that possible? Ten million ‘Russian’ tweets is negligible. Insignificant.

Highly highly unlikely that anybody took notice of a single one. I certainly never came across any out of the examples given. Not a single one.

It’s a given that as soon as hitlery announced she was running, a third of Obama supporters decided to vote ‘R’.

And now we are approaching what is very likely going to be the biggest election victory in US history, I wonder how many tweets ‘the Russians’ are going to generate to sway the few dozen dEm voters to vote Trump?

The cycle will be the same. 100% non stop, endless, ceaseless, vehemently anti Trump on every single platform and every single channel and every single paper.

But someone will find an obscure ‘tweet’ and claim “without that ‘influence’ Joe Biden would have won”

It’s not hard to see who was ‘influenced’. Just ask someone why they don’t like the President. A media/troll-generated lie (he’s racist) will be the first thing to escape their lips.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Youve put a lot of numbers on the page.

Without presuming anything about the numbers themselves...how have you gone about testing the accuracy of those numbers in relation to any truth they exhibit?

Im more interested in your thought process behind your OP, but I welcome you to deny my ignorance

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Hitlery sounds very troll_generated

2 cents

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong

Hitlery sounds very troll_generated

2 cents

Touché

But still. I’m right.

Claiming that Russians influenced the election outcome by placing a drop in the ocean of lies and falsehoods is just ridiculous.

Msm and leftist-controlled social media influenced the election. By spreading lies and falsehoods.

And still lost.

“The Russians” didn’t influence anyone at all.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   

What if the trolls werent russian? Would that alter your thought on the impact?

You highlight the mainstream media. You say leftist control.

Looking from the outside in, seems to be americans trolling each other is the biggest ingredient of the OP

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

How many followers does Obama have?

Found it:

"This statistic presents a ranking of the most followed Twitter accounts as of June 2019, sorted by the highest numbers of followers. During that month, singer Katy Perry's account @katyperry had 107.47 million followers. In comparison, former US President Barack Obama's account was followed by 106.42 million people."

edit on 30-7-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join