It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discrepancies in Social Media Followers of Politicians with Votes.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
But we know that they both got over 60 million votes each.
So twitter really is not an accurate indicator of how people vote.

How many of Hillary's votes were "dead democrats, or even non-citizens being allowed to vote?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Doesn't following someone on twitter just mean they get updates when that person posts something?

I don't have twitter so I am asking.
For the most part, yeah, some follow either for Updates and Support.

Users will express whether they follow as a means of updates or support.

For example, I follow President Trump as a supporter.

Leftist also follow Trump, but to talk crap and BS whenever he tweets.

I make it a rule to NOT follow those I do not support as well as maintain twitter etiquette when RT and Liking.

If its Democrats, I'll RT but won't LIKE. If it is something I like and warrants more visibility, I Like and RT.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Why would the "hate Trump crowd" have him in follow when they can simply type in his name without having to follow him? heck, if we use that same logic democrats have even less actual followers who would vote for them.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Possibly. Trump did get almost 63 million votes last election and he has 60 million followers.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Why would the "hate Trump crowd" have him in follow when they can simply type in his name without having to follow him? heck, if we use that same logic democrats have even less actual followers who would vote for them.

You'll be surprised at what people will do.

Like I said, some follow based off updates sometimes it is tedious to always type in someones name, especially if it is someone I don't like, like AOC and Pelosis.

But I have followers who follow them and by extension, AOC and Pelosis pop up on my feed. Course I cuss them out and hastag a Trump tag 🤭

You can ask Xuechen, I GET DOWN AND GOT A BAD POTTY MOUTH ☺️
edit on 29-7-2019 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Are you claiming that if you follow someone it means you like them?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Are you claiming that if you follow someone it means you like them?
It can be percieved in that manner, ye.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

OK, that is more what I thought it was like.

I don't have a twitter account, but if I did I wouldn't care who it was if I was remotely interested in seeing what is posted so I would probably follow people not carrying if it adds to their (reputation?) Do people get paid for having followers or is it just bragging rights?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

If you type AOC she comes up, same as if you Type Donald, the first choice is POTUS Trump official website. Most critics of Trump follow democrat representatives who then whine about something Trump says, and their followers then whine about it taking his comments out of context like they always do.

edit on 29-7-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Another glaring "notice" is how many "replies" some politicians get that make no sense from unknown users that serve to drown-out sensible replies 😎

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Go on "Strike" most users do not understand this concept. Don't protest,do not post or don't do anything on the SM page.
let them assholes figure it out why it failed. Pick a day?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Because Trump announces things through twitter before anywhere else at times, even surprising his own staff with the random things he decides and announces on twitter. So to stay currently informed following the president of the United States is something people that dont like the guy do.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Bragging rights, there isn't a premium or monetization of anything, as of yet.

They do have an officiated system which one can apply for a "Blue Check Mark" as a means of verification, many aim for that.

I don't have that, but than again I'm sitting at 2.4k followers myself.

However, despite Big Tech and Social Media in general, in defense of Twitter and what it represents, its an active platform that gives you a voice and honestly, you'll interact with all kinds of people.

I've interacted with Congressman and high profile people, you'll get noticed.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
And I believe a high percentage of "Followers" of Democrats are a combination of fake bot accounts and single personalities with 100s possibly 1000s of **duplicate accounts -- different names** managed by PR firms paid to promote Democrat BS 😎💫🥶
That's a HUGE issue right there.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   

AI isn't very far off and I have kept as low a profile as I am comfortable with. ATS is my biggest weakness, but even with this I use a vpn which means JS to those that know what they are doing but it is something. I am not part of the FB and Twitter generation I don't feel the need to air my business of what I am doing where I am at to all to see at all times.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Umm... it’s factual that Hillary won the popular vote. Followers on Twitter don’t always translate to votes.

And besides, I’m not a Trump supporter, but I follow Trump on Twitter - he’s the President and tweets crazy #! Lots of people out there are like me and follow him but don’t support him. Look at his comments sometime! Lots of negative ones from his followers.

edit on 30amTue, 30 Jul 2019 00:03:43 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I signed up for Hillary emails and snail mail stuff. I also took polls saying I was totally voting for her. This was a ruse however. My goal was to make her waste campaign money on me. Granted, it wasn't much but if every Trump voter did it, it would be in the millions of wasted campaign funds and other resources. That is money not going to real or potential voters or other races. It could even trigger her to show up somewhere thinking she has this large following only to be greeted by a handful of people.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Umm... it’s factual that Hillary won the popular vote. Followers on Twitter don’t always translate to votes.

And besides, I’m not a Trump supporter, but I follow Trump on Twitter - he’s the President and tweets crazy #! Lots of people out there are like me and follow him but don’t support him. Look at his comments sometime! Lots of negative ones from his followers.

California and New York don't run the whole Country anymore 😎

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
You guys realize that Trump is one of the best sources of entertainment GLOBALLY! People tune in from all over the world for this show.

Besides, I follow him on Twitter and I'm not a Republican. You realize this is the president of the USA, he's going to have followers from all sides and from all nations. In fact, considering how few Republicans there really are overall, I'd wager that more Democrats are following him than the Republicans.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Yes, but you get more online followers, forwarders and retweets by saying something bombastic and outrageous, than you do from being reasoned and truthful.

'Social' media is like a competition to see who can outdo everyone else in entertaining the irrational. It has nothing to do with the truth.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join