It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi's family responsible for Baltimore - her dad and brother were mayors & squandered HUD $

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Pelosi's dad was mayor of Baltimore from 1947 - 1959, & moved from the state house of reps where he was for 4+ years prior. After being mayor he moved on to the "federal Renegotiation Board for 8-9 years, appointed by JFK.

Her brother was Mayor of Baltimore for 4 years from 67-71 and served on the council before being mayor. He was involved in a scandal with HUD where they were redeveloping some vacant houses but the money was squandered and wasted and the houses were demolished in 74 after 6-8 years of wasted funds being put into them.

I wonder if Trump knows this and is tangentially attacking Pelosi with these comments!?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Man, the whole "Baltimore" thing has you guys worked up. In honor, I'm about to rewatch The Wire for the 438th time.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Crooks !!!!!!

No wonder 😎

"It's not my fault, I was just a little girl"

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

What's worse is the Democrats defending the policies that produce the problems and fail on the solutions 😎

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

What's worse is the Democrats defending the policies that produce the problems and fail on the solutions 😎

Or, people like you imagining what Democrats think about an issue and then trying to use that as a weapon against people you disagree with. Completely ignorant of how transparent it is to everyone else.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
Pelosi's dad was mayor of Baltimore from 1947 - 1959, & moved from the state house of reps where he was for 4+ years prior. After being mayor he moved on to the "federal Renegotiation Board for 8-9 years, appointed by JFK.

Her brother was Mayor of Baltimore for 4 years from 67-71 and served on the council before being mayor. He was involved in a scandal with HUD where they were redeveloping some vacant houses but the money was squandered and wasted and the houses were demolished in 74 after 6-8 years of wasted funds being put into them.

I wonder if Trump knows this and is tangentially attacking Pelosi with these comments!?

Links?

In the meantime: www.hsobc.org...

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'm sure if you really look into what happened while they were in charge of the city it would be pretty interesting, as it was during some pretty crazy times in the US. The red scare, MLK, JFK, civil rights, hippy movement, black power movement, vietnam and more. Being so close to DC, the city often has a lot of inter-mixing of politics as it's only about 25 miles away.

I'd like to see what happened with unions in that area around then, see what the demographic change was like, what kind of immigrants they accepted after 64 and how the school integrations went during the civil rights movement & when white flight started & what areas it effected.

This would be a really interesting city to study b/c of the political affiliations to Pelosi and it's LONG democrat rule, with them being in power for the last 25,000+ days.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Links?

In the meantime: www.hsobc.org...

www.google.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Or, people like you imagining what Democrats think about an issue and then trying to use that as a weapon against people you disagree with. Completely ignorant of how transparent it is to everyone else.

Not my fault that Democrat policies fail to raise and maintain a descent standard of living πŸ˜ƒ

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Crooks !!!!!!

No wonder 😎

What is that bottom image?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

What’s really worse is they are only just now being exposed by Trump as the hypocrites, liars, cheats and generally all around assholes that they really are, after being in power in some of these cities for 50-60 years.
I mean pretty much everyone had an idea of what they really are but Trump took it to the next level of exposure.
The real anti-American party.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

What’s really worse is they are only just now being exposed by Trump as the hypocrites, liars, cheats and generally all around assholes that they really are, after being in power in some of these cities for 50-60 years.
I mean pretty much everyone had an idea of what they really are but Trump took it to the next level of exposure.
The real anti-American party.

Yeah, as I said in a reply in this thread, they had power since 1947 or 73.5 years, or 26,750 days. There was an odd-ball term in the mid 60's of a Republican mayor for 4 years, but what is a mayor going to do in 4 years out of almost 74? Or about 5% of the time..

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Do you have links for the info that you asserted in your OP or not? It's your job to post links, not mine.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Crooks !!!!!!

No wonder 😎

What is that bottom image?

It's the official Logo for the Justice Democrats org

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The results speak for themselves. The Failed democrat policies and the stealing and skimming of money while the cities become more rat than human.

But go ahead and call it imagination. Perhaps that's why the cities are turning into giant slums, because the leadership says it isn't really happening and the zombified citizenry only see happy faces and pretty labels while they get ready to serve up soylent green.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I'm sure if you really look into what happened while they were in charge of the city it would be pretty interesting, as it was during some pretty crazy times in the US. The red scare, MLK, JFK, civil rights, hippy movement, black power movement, vietnam and more. Being so close to DC, the city often has a lot of inter-mixing of politics as it's only about 25 miles away.

I'd like to see what happened with unions in that area around then, see what the demographic change was like, what kind of immigrants they accepted after 64 and how the school integrations went during the civil rights movement & when white flight started & what areas it effected.

This would be a really interesting city to study b/c of the political affiliations to Pelosi and it's LONG democrat rule, with them being in power for the last 25,000+ days.

Well, dig fo dat troof, and post your findings! Id look forward to reading it

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Not my fault that Democrat policies fail to raise and maintain a descent standard of living πŸ˜ƒ

I think you guys are realizing how weak the constant tweet storms make Donald Trump look to everyone outside of your influence bubble.

And a mass shooting? Full court press time in the right wing theme park.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

See how easily the media steers their attention?

The media throws the bait out and the piranhas swarm. Next week it'll be another buzzword or phrase at the top of the front page.
edit on 7/29/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I think in addition to the exposing by Trump, it's the stark contrast in jobs, taxes, opportunity and criminal justice reform they are seeing under Trump's administration compared to Obama's. He was supposed to be their savior but he left them worse off then before and they're seeing how they've been played by the leftist policies and empty promises.

Actions speak far louder than words.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

See how easily the media steers their attention?

The media throws the bait out and the piranhas swarm. Next week it'll be another buzzword or phrase at the top of the front page.

Gotta keep everyones eyes off the ball.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join