It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 most Rodent infested cities are run by whom?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Then why is the rest of your post reason after reason why we need better data to debate the issue?

The point I have been making is the misuse of this data, they made no claims in theri report but people ran with it.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
I always appreciate your insight. I am not always agreeing with you. If you have some evidence or an article that debunks my OP, I am open to read about it and ponder the information you provide.

Debunk what? This is number of treatments, not an indicator on rat population +/-%. You need to find that data if that is the claim you are making.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Justoneman

What is important IMO is the stink of the rats and the rat politicians are too busy scooping up the federal funds for their friends and selves.

There it is. It's all about corelating rat infestations with politicians and their constituents. They're not human, because no "human" would want to live there.

Let's address this please.

NO I am not thinking of it the way you would spin it. That they are rat politicians I say has no aisle side I would agree if you think that.

This is just data, raw data. The facts are not bigoted. Data is data to me and consequences for squeezing the money out before it is used to do what it is intended is my claim as I have seen it.

You understand nothing about correlation --- cause and effect. Your argument is so inherently flawed that I'll need to speak with your high school teachers to see if you even graduated. And if you suggest that you're college educated, we'll all know what you spent your time in college doing. This thread is embarrassing even by ATS sub-standards.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

You know, I know this is the Political Mud Pit, but this thread looks like something I have never seen before... a literal mud blizzard!

First of all, more people does not equal more rats. It just ain't that simple. Rats are very good scavengers and very adaptable, so they will tend to populate areas with the most food. People aren't food, but people tend to waste a lot of food. Some areas also tend to be much dirtier than others, leading to a higher rat population.

We have this technology called "pest control." It's where people actually do things to not make more rats... a crazy idea, I know, but it really does work. Of course, it requires a couple of things to work well, things like waste control and hygiene. If people will simply not be as wasteful, properly dispose of their waste, and take reasonable steps to eradicate the rats that do show up, the rat problem becomes pretty much negligible. If people don't do that, then it can explode out of control. So that leads me to say that the cities on that list are likely those with inadequate or sloppy garbage disposal services and a great deal of poverty (since poverty usually goes hand-in-hand with reduced hygiene).
. . . TheRedneck

I totally agree with this part. Rat control should start with removing the attractive elements like their preferred food and shelter.

When I lived in a suburb of Detroit, a mere 2 & 1/2 miles form the northern border of Detroit, there were cycles of rat infestations. During one of these rat invasions, I looked over the home property ahead of the planned city inspections. I found evidence of a few rats that seemed to prove the idea that removing the elements preferred by rats was the best way to eliminate them. Rats burrow to make their dens, but they prefer to tunnel just under other surfaces like boards laying on the ground. They used plastics as their primary bedding material. Their rat trails would mostly go from your garbage can and back to their den.

By removing trash like boards on the ground and plastics and securing your trash cans, they would leave and live in other yards where they could find what they needed. If you and you neighbors caught the problem early enough, or better yet never gave them a reason to live in your yard, they would never reach the point of becoming an infestation. The same can be said of cockroaches except that they are much harder to get rid of once they make their appearance.
edit on 31-7-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

edit on 31-7-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

My point is that you are dismissing data without a sound basis. Your argument appears valid, but you have nothing concrete backing it up. Show me any data whatsoever that indicates the OP's data might be invalid for this use, and you will have a point.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

There's actually a pretty effective way to get rid of cockroaches now. I purchased an older trailer at one point to use as a temporary residence and inherited a nice cockroach infestation. I finally found a paste that you put along baseboards and cracks in the wall. The buggers eat it and it tastes good, so they take it back to their dens and share. It may taste good, but it is a fast-acting poison.

Cockroaches were gone within two weeks.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Rodents go where the people are. It's really simple. Populated places produce more trash, and consequently more food for rats.

I'm here to help if you need more math or biology.

So where are the republican run cities on that list? They are crowded too. Just not to the point of sanctuary tent cities living in the streets. I wonder if that could be at least part of the difference in position on that list... That would be the source of the underlying policies referred to.

This is where you say, "OH, so there are no rats in big cities run by republicans?"
And I say, "I never said that - straw man. I am saying the worst cities are run by democrats."
And so on. But I don't want to be a spoiler and give away the ending...

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I always appreciate your insight. I am not always agreeing with you. If you have some evidence or an article that debunks my OP, I am open to read about it and ponder the information you provide.

Debunk what? This is number of treatments, not an indicator on rat population +/-%. You need to find that data if that is the claim you are making.

I think the idea is that you accept the foregone conclusion that: more treatments = more rats. Like any other infestation, the worse it is the more often you call the exterminator. Yes, you can pick on the point that the actual number of rats is not mentioned but I think that is a weak argument. Now, if you could provide something that indicated the simple logical concept I described is inaccurate, then you might have something.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I just stumbled on to this little find. Kinda says it all...

link

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

My point is that you are dismissing data without a sound basis.

What's more of s sound basis than there is zero context? Statistics without context are meaningless.

4 out 5 professionals of an undisclosed occupation agree.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Now, if you could provide something that indicated the simple logical concept I described is inaccurate, then you might have something.

Yeah, causation does not imply correlation.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Should be a national rat fighting championship.

Then we will know who got the best rats.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Debunk the top 10 Rat infested cities with some empirical data of some kind would be my request AM.

This is about the money NOT being spent and the two legged rats running things. It is more apparent as this thread has shown that the non D run Cities largely are cleaner of things that attract rats. And 30 years to govern an area and billions of dollars later the place looked like a 3rd world country to Bernie! Something IS wrong here.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

What is important IMO is the stink of the rats and the rat politicians are too busy scooping up the federal funds for their friends and selves.

There it is. It's all about corelating rat infestations with politicians and their constituents. They're not human, because no "human" would want to live there.

Let's address this please.

NO I am not thinking of it the way you would spin it. That they are rat politicians I say has no aisle side I would agree if you think that.

This is just data, raw data. The facts are not bigoted. Data is data to me and consequences for squeezing the money out before it is used to do what it is intended is my claim as I have seen it.

You understand nothing about correlation --- cause and effect. Your argument is so inherently flawed that I'll need to speak with your high school teachers to see if you even graduated. And if you suggest that you're college educated, we'll all know what you spent your time in college doing. This thread is embarrassing even by ATS sub-standards.

Well, clearly you don't understand Environmental science. They call it science for a reason. Rats have a way of pointing out where issues need addressed and cleaned up. Not only my opinion but it clearly is the fact. Are the leaders of the communities letting their people down or is it actually the best they have to offer them? You decide. I have.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Debunk the top 10 Rat infested cities with some empirical data of some kind would be my request AM.

You didn't show they were the 'top rat infested cities', you merely showed they had the most treatments from Orkin.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I just stumbled on to this little find. Kinda says it all...

link

Sad to see them say they didn't have enough money to do pest extermination when that is about prioritizing sanitation. Sanitation is not something to abandon or else it will be San Fran style poop maps for your home town too.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You didn't show they were the 'top rat infested cities', you merely showed they had the most treatments from Orkin.

and there it was... that is my story and i am sticking to it.

You have any similar data I will ask again kind sir?

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Watch how stupid this can get. Terminix has their top roof rat cities:

[1] Savannah, Ga. (R)
    [2] Memphis, Tenn. (D)
    [3] Miami, Fla. (R)
    [4] Sacramento, Calif. (D)
    [5] Fort Myers, Fla. (R)
    [6] Los Angeles, Calif. (D)
    [7] Tampa, Fla. (D)
    [8] Dallas, Texas (D)
    [9] San Diego, Calif. (R)
    [10] San Francisco, Calif. (D)

Look, the top spot and 4 in the top 10. Must mean something if you want to use partisan hackery.

edit on 31-7-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

You have any similar data I will ask again kind sir?

Similar data is useless because it has no context.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Now we are talking,,, thanks!

ETA Star for that too!

Let me digest this.

Roof Rats eh?

Savannah one of the largest ports in the world
Memphis I recall was the largest inland port in the world.

Similar to NY and NJ I know....hmm. OK, so I know those two cities are Liberals. I have recently found in law family in Ga and I once lived in Memphis near Elvis. In Memphis those Mississippi River rats were mean suckers and big as a gopher. Those will bring the hair straight up on the back of you neck. None were in Elvis' neighborhood around Graceland.

edit on 31-7-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join