It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 most Rodent infested cities are run by whom?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

If you can say „infestation“ without a smirk, you are talking about rodents.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Mayors and City Council ?
That would be my guess.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Not that I believe that politics creates rodents.......because I don't.

Rodents create rodents , aintchya heard ?
Denizens of the Democrats.
One and the same
Vicious , endless cycle

edit on 7/30/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Mayors and City Council ?
That would be my guess.

And I say vote them out in mass if this is their best effort. The damn thieves.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Rats go where the best food supply is,no mystery here not much rats in Mohave desert I bet

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Rats go where the best food supply is,no mystery here not much rats in Mohave desert I bet

Have you been to San Antonio a mega city? I love that food and I have been several times for work related things. Clean place compared to my visits to NY, Boston, The Beltway or Chicago, really.
Why argue they are not thieves at this point and rats are just no big deal?

This is about what they do with the money and is it being spent appropriately? It appears that is a big no. I care not what party, I care the people get what they deserve with the money they pay for city services. Many cities have thieves running them.

edit on 30-7-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
The bat population in Austin is off the charts. Rats with Wings, I tell ya!

Must be because Republicans are rabid flying mammals.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
I did ASK who not say in the title who on purpose. It is also for those who pay attention as you normally do on such matters as facts. YOU decide who is the group in charge is my theme. AND slouchy career politicians should be called out again and again like a few in these top 10 cities no matter the category.

Prior to DeBlasio New York had a Republican mayor for 20 years, who's fault was the rat problem at that time?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: xuenchen

If Kushner is Such a Smart Slumlord , then Why does he Own Property in Baltimore Maryland ? I mean , Come On , the Preze's " Boy " Slummin' in the Slums ? Can't be Much Money in that ......

This is the Kushner apartment complex CNN did the hit piece on.

www.wm-covevillage.com...
www.wm-covevillage.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
You know, I know this is the Political Mud Pit, but this thread looks like something I have never seen before... a literal mud blizzard!

First of all, more people does not equal more rats. It just ain't that simple. Rats are very good scavengers and very adaptable, so they will tend to populate areas with the most food. People aren't food, but people tend to waste a lot of food. Some areas also tend to be much dirtier than others, leading to a higher rat population.

We have this technology called "pest control." It's where people actually do things to not make more rats... a crazy idea, I know, but it really does work. Of course, it requires a couple of things to work well, things like waste control and hygiene. If people will simply not be as wasteful, properly dispose of their waste, and take reasonable steps to eradicate the rats that do show up, the rat problem becomes pretty much negligible. If people don't do that, then it can explode out of control. So that leads me to say that the cities on that list are likely those with inadequate or sloppy garbage disposal services and a great deal of poverty (since poverty usually goes hand-in-hand with reduced hygiene).

Secondly, the spin on the data is amazing. This is Orkin, one of the best known and oldest major pest control services. Their data seems to correlate with anecdotal evidence for some of these cities. That gives me confidence in the data, and in any case, complaining about the source is not the same as effectively disputing the source. If someone wants to dispute this data, show me some data of your own that refutes it.

Thirdly, the rats don't give a rat's rear whether the place they are living in is a blue city or a red city. They are truly non-partisan. So if there is a preponderance of rat problems in cities where the leadership is historically Democrat, but much less where the historical leadership is primarily Republican, that is a non-partisan testament that more Democrat leaders' policies are allowing rats to thrive then Republican leaders' policies.

And finally, in response to Sookiechacha: what exactly would your solution be? Apparently you think anyone who owns property in a city overrun by rats should simply burn it to the ground and get out of town, leaving the very people who need help helpless. That's quite the compassion streak you have there... so small I couldn't see it until the light hit.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Without even reading the thread and just the title, don't tell me...

The Dems?

Imagine my surprise...

(As an aside, did you know that illegal border crossings were supposedly at their highest after the millennium?)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

And finally, in response to Sookiechacha: what exactly would your solution be?

My solution would be for Trump to look to his HUD Secretary, Ben Carson, who hails from Baltimore, and his son in law Jarod Kushner, whose business owns around 9,000 apartments in the area, to address problem, instead of blaming Elijah Cummings, because he criticized the way in which minors are being kept at the border, and for chairing oversight inquiries into potential crimes of his family and administration.

This isn't about Trump's concern for Baltimore, Cummings' constituents or rat infestations in Baltimore's low income areas.

edit on 30-7-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I'm happy that Seattle didn't make the list- it is a city managed by rats not overrun by them...
however, we do have a plague of Priuses.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Rodents go where the people are. It's really simple. Populated places produce more trash, and consequently more food for rats.

I'm here to help if you need more math or biology.

But people in some towns refuse to use trash cans.
Garage bags packed high on street corners.
You can throw a lot of money and give every opportunity to some. But they can never succeed

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Rodents go where the people are. It's really simple. Populated places produce more trash, and consequently more food for rats.

So there's not a way to kill the rats and control their population? People who care will find a way.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Yes, because all Republican districts are pristine, and none are slums with high poverty rates.

Fact: Poverty transcends partisan districts, and is not a right vs. left problem.

It's most definitely a policy issue that stems from left wing politics. When you keep your citizens dependent with welfare and other free assistance, you'll get infestations of rats, gangs, and high crime.

Nobody has mentioned red cities being pristine, but they're nothing like blue cities. When the common denominator is the politics running the city, what would you consider the issue to be?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What a dopey thread premise, New York had rats when Giuliani was mayor and with every mayor going back to the city's founding.

Rats go to large population centers regardless of who runs them.

Rats don't bring crime, gangs, and drugs though. They only make the situation worse. Flaunting free everything will always attract a plethora of lowlife. Stop the handouts and the problem will clear up as fast as muriatic acid and shock clears a green pool.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Huh. Houston is the 4th largest city in the US. Phoenix is #5. San Antonio #7. San Diego #8 and Dallas #9.

I thought you said it was really simple? None of those cities appear on the top 10 list.

In fact,

Washington, DC #20
Detroit #23
Cleveland, OH #52
Baltimore #30
Denver #19

What were your saying about math again?

He was using common core.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

My solution would be for Trump to look to...

No, that would be Donald Trump's solution preferred by you. What would be your solution? Imagine Sookiechacha is the President; what would Sookiechacha do? Ignore it because it's not a big deal? Send in the Marines with mops? Burn it to the ground and rebuild?

How would YOU help Baltimore?

This all started because Elijah Cummings opened his fat trap about the border conditions he is partly responsible for and tried to politicize them against Donald Trump. Trump is a counter-puncher... if you haven't figured that out by now, bless yore heart. He punched back. As it turns out, border conditions are safer than Baltimore, more hygienic than Baltimore, and healthier than Baltimore. Cummings threw rocks while living in a glass house. His own district where he lives is full of filth and rats and likely diseases, and it is apparently more dangerous than Chicago according to homicide numbers. But he's worried instead about foreign nationals who have already broken US law, have often expressed or demonstrated an intention to continue breaking US laws, instead of the people who voted for him?

Why not just elect Putin? I'm sure he'll care more about Russian nationals than us. No difference. Just a different country.

In the meantime, how do you know that Trump is not working with Carson and Kushner to try and find a solution? After all, he didn't create the problem; I can't even find where Trump has ever visited Baltimore (although I'm sure he has). The elected leaders of Baltimore caused the problem; the citizens of Baltimore were at least complicit in the problem. But hey, let's all blame the guy who had nothing to do with it!

You care nothing... NOTHING... about Baltimore. You care nothing... NOTHING... about about the people there. All you want to do is find something, anything, to stop a duly elected President from being President. That's the only reason you take the time to reply: because you think living under a system where the government chooses who runs the government is preferable to one where people choose who runs the government.

Might I suggest a vacation in North Korea next year? The political system there is certainly in line with your preferences.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

What is important IMO is the stink of the rats and the rat politicians are too busy scooping up the federal funds for their friends and selves.

In the meantime, Jared Kushner's company owned thousands of apartments in Baltimore, and they were fined 200 separate times in 1 year for vermin, mold and maggots. Kushner has a terrible reputation as a slum lord in Baltimore.

So,...if a homeowner owns a home within a city overrun by rats, that is run by Democrats...and the rats get into his house...it's the homeowner's fault.

Sound logic.

Kushner's company owns hundreds of apartment complexes and thousands of individual units that have been fined hundreds of times, for rodent, mold and maggots. If the owners and managers of apartment complexes, can't clean up their own tenets trash and arrange for regular fumigation, why do you Elijah Cummings can?

Would you stop crying about Kushner already? I can guarantee you that Kushner didn't receive a phone call and turn down the maintenance. I can guarantee you that Kushner didn't go inside that complex to set mold, maggots, and rats loose. Do you even know where maggots, mold, and rats come from?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join