It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Member of Congress Condones Assault on Another Member of Congress

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: TonyS

not really, were that true the flood of immigrants would not still be an issue
it is not ideal here, but it is still vastly better than the rest of the globe
we just like to complain more than most

We've got a serious problem in that one party actually hates our country and is actively working against our country's interests. That wasn't true 20-30 years ago. There were subversives here and there but they've gone mainstream now.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

They were just stupid enough to expose themselves.
They will pay come election day 2020.
They may not ever regain a majority with extreme candidates like they are running.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

He's (reportedly) a comedian, and I think comedy should have no off-limits areas. They should be allowed to make jokes about whatever they want. Once you start imposing limits based on what's "reasonable" or "decent," comedy is no longer comedy in my view.

I mean..that philosophy should be applied to anyone regarding the freedom of speech, but I digress.

I cannot stand Ilhan Omar. Nothing about her is "okay" in my book (aside from her being pretty). Judt thought I would get that out of the way.

Now what makes you think, aside from personal opinion/bias, makes you think she was advocating for violence against Rand Paul? Simply because she retweeted it? YOU don't have a problem with what Tom Arnold said; so that mean SHE has to? Are people in Congress not allowed to appreciate humor like you?

I mean, she could have very well intended it to be a threat, but considering theres no context within her retweet -- everyone and every article ranting about it is just purely speculation based on who she is. Conjecture.

All you're doing by conflating this is giving the Democrats more support in the way they act towards Trumps tweets/opinions. Seems to be a double sided hypocritical sword everyone is slashing around. Repubs and Dems.

edit on 7/30/2019 by imthegoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: imthegoat

Yeah you completely missed the point of the OP. It wasn't about the tweet. It wasn't even really about Omar and whether she should or shouldn't be allowed to retweet something like that. No one here is advocating silencing her or abridging her right to free speech. She's a member of Congress. Only Congress abridging the right to free speech is a violation of the First Amendment anyway. Ordinary people can demand you stfu all day, that's not a violation of anyone's First Amendment rights.

The OP was more about the blatant double standard from her supporters. If Trump retweeted a joke about Charlottesville, can you honestly sit there and say the people that've been in here defending Omar's right to "appreciate humor" would be defending Trump? You know that's bull#.
edit on 30 7 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: incoserv

You made those assumptions because she's the most popular person on ATS at the moment, she has usurped AOC's throne. It's obvious who it is because she's almost ther only thing talked about around here these days.

I think you give yourself too much credit. She's in your head.

Actually, no she wasn't "I'm my head." I thought it was like something Auntie Maxine would pull.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Good for her.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: incoserv

You made those assumptions because she's the most popular person on ATS at the moment, she has usurped AOC's throne. It's obvious who it is because she's almost ther only thing talked about around here these days.

I think you give yourself too much credit. She's in your head.

Actually, no she wasn't "I'm my head." I thought it was like something Auntie Maxine would pull.

They have no actual response so they just have to tell themselves you're afraid of their heroes in The Squad. It's a defense mechanism. They have to make things up about you to make themselves feel better.

Pathetic.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Excellent as I also read and follow this Imam and others. They all say that she is pure evil and does not represent Islam.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
that's what you think an elected official should be doing to earn their check? It's why the dems are the laughing stock of the world right now. Let me guess, you're still convinced trump "colluded" up until now he's a "racist"

Slurp, OH YEAH

reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join