It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Member of Congress Condones Assault on Another Member of Congress

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I can't wait to see certain members here spinning themselves into the next dimension trying to defend this.

Minnesota congresswoman Ilhan Omar took a veiled shot at Kentucky Republican Senator Rand Paul Monday, sharing a Tom Arnold tweet ridiculing Paul over a November 2017 fight on his lawn.

There's really no other way to interpret it. She thinks political violence is funny at best and warranted at worst.

Personally, I don't have a problem with what Arnold did. He's (reportedly) a comedian, and I think comedy should have no off-limits areas. They should be allowed to make jokes about whatever they want. Once you start imposing limits based on what's "reasonable" or "decent," comedy is no longer comedy in my view.

But a member of Congress retweets this? As everyone here knows (although some will be in complete denial about it) if Trump had done this it would be grounds for impeachment. This would get wall-to-wall coverage. They still whine about him jokingly telling a crowd that he'd pay their legal bills if they assaulted a protestor at a rally, which I thought was out of line. But the left simply can't hold the Muslim congresswoman to the same standard as a white man. It's what someone once called the "soft bigotry of low expectations." See, to the left, Muslims are inherently violent and barbaric, so they won't expect her to universally condemn violence like the white President. No, she gets a pass from the left. They accept her embrace of violence as just part of her culture.

Why is this? People on the right don't think all Muslims are inherently okay with political violence. They will call her out for this disgrace because they know Muslims can do better. But the left has no problem with it. They will accept a violent radical anti-Semite just so they can have a Muslim member of Congress--any Muslim will do--because having her there was never really about inclusion or tolerance. She's just a political tool. Now any time someone to the right of Stalin criticizes her, the left can falsely accuse them of racism to score political points, at the same time embarrassing themselves for those of us who think it's ironic that the folks who think they're on the smarter end of the political spectrum don't realize Islam isn't a race.

So no, you won't find many--if any--of our left-wing members in here condemning this condoning of political violence by one of their gods. They'll be in here defending her. They don't think the cute little Muslims can do any better than this. It's not like they care about them as anything but a voting bloc anyway.

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Don't worry. If true, her time is coming.

twitter.com...

I've been watching this guy closely. What he has to say, if verified, will land her in prison.

edit on 29-7-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There goes Omar triggering the usuals again. She's good at what she does, she's earning her paychecks.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Omar is a thug, a punk, a two-bit liar who gamed the system.

Her cruelty is only matched by her low intelligence and complete lack of self awareness.

Her and her "Squat Gang" are low intelligence, no class, authoritarians. They're Antifa but in 500 dollar shoes.

She is about as valuable and necessary to our republic as a cooling pile of dog vomit.

But that's just my opinion.

Yet people voted for her. Probably virtue-signaling man-buns in skinny jeans with chin beards.

Anyone who supports Omar The Evil Fascist Liar . . . . I am going to steal your lunch money. Count on it.

edit on 29-7-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
There goes Omar triggering the usuals again. She's good at what she does, she's earning her paychecks.

I guess she is, because here you are....

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Define assault and define mockery.
Oh, wait! This is another election 2020 topic for the feelz. Am I even eligible to comment?

the bizarre lawn incident occurred inside a gated community

www.newsweek.com...

This is the part that gives me the giggles.

Lawn and order, anyone?
Wait! Is it a no-lawn-zone already?
And what about more gated communities inside those unsafe gated communities?

May the "unsightly" piles of debris be with us!

edit on 29-7-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Here you are as well. Lol.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

She knows exactly what she's doing and thinks the rest of America is too stupid to figure it out.

Give it time. I fully expect it to end in complete disgrace for her.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I read political posts because I enjoy them and like participating in the threads.

You are enlightened and far above the fray of politics, if I recall...

Right?

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

There you go, excusing violent leftists again. You're sooo non-partisan right?
I can't wait to see what 5 more years of Trump does to you.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I think we should support 1st Amendment rights on this one.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Where am I right now? What am I doing? Answer those and you'll have the answer that you're looking for.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I read political posts because I enjoy them and like participating in the threads.

Right?

He might be but you never are.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Define assault and define mockery.
Oh, wait! This is another election 2020 topic for the feelz. Am I even eligible to comment?

the bizarre lawn incident occurred inside a gated community

www.newsweek.com...

This is the part that gives me the giggles.

Lawn and order, anyone?
Wait! Is it a no-lawn-zone already?
And what about more gated communities inside those unsafe gated communities?

May the "unsightly" piles of debris be with us!

And here is another of our leftist members making excuses for a violent leftist attacking a member of Congress. No, he wasn't assaulted. He just had broken ribs and a punctured lung. No harm done, right lefty?

You've probably got a James Hodgkinson shrine in your bedroom don't you?

link   

"I'll pay your legal fees".

What violence occurred in this situation? How can I excuse violence when none took place with this topic? Lol.
edit on 7/29/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/29/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Lumenari

Right?

He might be but you never are.

I'm sorry... I didn't realize the two of you were dating.

I'll leave you alone then...

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I think we should support 1st Amendment rights on this one.

I fully support your right to support political violence by your fellow leftists. Absolutely. And I support hers. No one is saying you don't both have that right.

link   

originally posted by: loam

She knows exactly what she's doing and thinks the rest of America is too stupid to figure it out.

I think you are giving her too much credit. Just like all politicians, if she says stuff the focus groups don't like she will be voted out of office. We must have faith in the people in her district to oust her.

+3 more 
link   

Yet people voted for her. Probably virtue-signaling man-buns in skinny jeans with chin beards.

I bet a lot of clowns like that did vote for her also but her district in Minnesota has the largest Somali population in the country I think.
That’s how she got elected.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

They still whine about him jokingly telling a crowd that he'd pay their legal bills if they assaulted a protestor at a rally

Well, he kinda set the bar..real low in fact. I did not hear the right in an uproar over it.

So not surprising the left is exactly the same in this regard.

I say this for the sake of argument and not because I support her, or him! But the bar was set pretty low, from the guy at the top, so again, not surprising everyone has lowered the standard.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join