It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

48 People Shot, 9 Fatally, over Weekend in Democrat-Controlled Chicago

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
Where are all the threads on the bastions of low crime in Republican led cities like Oklahoma City, Fresno, Miami or Jacksonville? I thought a Republican led city would be crime free with streets paved of gold!

Are you serious ?
Look back at the history of governors and mayors in those 4
Get back to me only after you do.
Hint just for you...
A few now , versus the history of those cities and States

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Chicago just needs some rebranding;
Chicago, America's largest outdoor shooting range.
Should bring in plenty of well-heeled Republicans.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: xuenchen

Poverty makes people desperate. I surprised we do not have more rioting in US cities.

You would be.

The fact is people have every opportunity to improve their lives, but instead they chose gangs and drugs. Probably has to do with the breakdown of family life.

It's not always that simple. Yes, half the issue is people doing choosing bad choices. The other half is having no jobs, poverty, bad or no education and being born into gangs and violence.

When you're born into that environment, sometimes you get trapped by it.

Hospitals moved, businesses' moved, schools closed or overcrowded, and few police. The option to sling drugs and join a gang is much more appealing than someone who was born in a better area..

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I don't think this is a problem with just Illinois Democrats, but rather a general widespread problem of corruption. We pay high taxes, yet run into more problems than many other states.

I think there is some corrupt infestation that is deep within illinois and chicago.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I'm really glad Trump finally called Baltimore out. The democrats aren't smart enough to realize this, but what's essentially going to happen is they'll make his remarks a top issue which will in turn begin a domino effect leading to all democrat controlled cities and the danger they pose to their citizens which includes, but is not limited to, murder rate, rape, shootings, uber strict gun control laws that don't control guns in a criminal's hands, drug abuse, and many other problems that almost every Republican controlled city doesn't face.

I'm very interested in seeing what the democrats will say about that when it starts to come out.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Lack of discipline and the death of the nuclear family. Plain and simple. There are exceptions to both rules, but they're rare.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Someone needs to tell you what democrat controlled means. It means the majority of the city is controlled by democrats. Your "per capita" stats are misleading, even for a lot of the democrat mayors you listed. It's not about democrat mayors, it's about democrat control. Chicago, IL (not even listed on your per capita crap) has a crime rate that doubles the US average and had almost 800 murders in 2016 and it gets higher every year. That's over 2 murders per day. While your list is stupid and anyone with a thought process would see the manipulation in it, I can guarantee you that there are dummies out there who will use a chart similar to that and claim that Chicago isn't as dangerous as many other cities.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: dfnj2015

It's a Democrat Group Policy problem 😎

Please give a specific example of what law or policy in Chicago by the Democrats is causing the murder rate to be so high?

Work with me here!

*crickets*

Lmao.

In your attempt to be cute, not only did you skip over several posts answering the question, but you answered it, too, by total accident. *crickets* are a major reason this continues. The only one ballsy enough to talk about this crime crisis is Donald Trump. The media stays silent *crickets* on it or claims he's being racist for talking about it.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

1989 741 killed 2018 530 killed. why do you keep going on and on about Chicago? There are plenty of other cities with worse crime than Chicago.

And 3,000 people were shot in 2018. Chicago is a #hole, it's a third world city. Why does it upset you that people call this out? Is it because they have a democrat leadership there?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

1989 741 killed 2018 530 killed. why do you keep going on and on about Chicago? There are plenty of other cities with worse crime than Chicago.

Can you cite one that is not percentage of population based ?

And destroy their own argument? I doubt it.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Yeah, its exaggerated. That's why Chicago crime makes international headlines.

You need to check your sources more closely. One of the main reasons violent crime appeared to drop dramatically in Chicago was the reclassification of many crimes by local officials. They couldn't get any results with their failed policies so they just reclassified many crimes to different categories and what do you know? Crime is getting better. Anyone who lives here knows that is BS.

When the first big reclassification happened then mayor Jane Burn stated she was going to spend a night in one of the Robert Taylor homes, a ghetto housing development that has since been razed. She didn't tell people she was going in with 20 state police armed to the teeth. She didn't even make it half way through the night before she fled in a panic.

The BS doesn't work when it comes face to face with the facts.

By the way, this isn't just about Chicago. I agree with you that there are other cities that have terrible crime rates. The point of all this is that all those cities are run by democrats. Check the FBI crime statistics ear over year and see for yourself. You may find a republican run city on that list somewhere. Check its proximity to one of the major democrat sh1tholes. Due diligence will tell you that the greater majority of crimes in that republican city are committed by roamers from the democrat sh1thole next door.

I live in a southwest suburb now. We have thugs and bangers from Chicago committing armed robberies and shooting people here in our little town all the time. our crime rate appears to going up and technically it is. However, in reality we are experiencing Chicago crime. Its just happening in our town.

I bash Chicago because it deserves it. It used to be a great city despite the crime and the corruption. Now it has gone so far around the bend there is no turning back. At the rate people are leaving Cook county, and Illinois in general, there won't be anything left to tax and ruin but the criminals and politicians. That suits me just fine.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
.... Now it has gone so far around the bend there is no turning back. At the rate people are leaving Cook county, and Illinois in general, there won't be anything left to tax and ruin but the criminals and politicians. That suits me just fine.

The downside there is if the inner city has nothing of value for the crooks to steal, where do YOU think they will go next? You will see a corresponding rise in crime in the surrounding burbs as a result. The disease is still there, it will just move to a new host.

We need to kill the disease, not the host.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Poverty makes people desperate. I surprised we do not have more rioting in US cities.

I dont think that's true.
If poverty was the problem every trailer park in the country would be a battle zone.

If not poverty, what do you think is the cause?

Culture.

Listened to rap at all?

Precisely; the gangsta lifestyle is glorified in rap music. The whole schtik is a lifestyle choice. Kinda like being a member of the Hells Angels is a lifestyle choice.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

You will see a corresponding rise in crime in the surrounding burbs as a result

Unfortunately that is what we're seeing happen and its destroying property values in the burbs even as normal people try to flee the burbs for the ex-urbs and beyond. The remarkable hollowing out of US cities. Its amazing to watch.......from a distance.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

It used to be a great city despite the crime? No you just got older and crabbier. Same thing happened to me, when you're young you tend to see the world through rose colored glasses and as you get older you get jaded. I try to be a realist and not let my aging define my world view. Mayor Byrne was from the late 70s early 80s and like I said Chicago was much worse back then. Wrigleyville, Humboldt Park, Wicker Park, Pilsen, Logan Square, little village all used to be super high crime areas that have all chilled out since then. Yes Chicago has crime like every major city in the u.s but it is not as bad as it used to be. 2016 was a huge spike in murders but is not a trend it was 200 murders more than the previous year and fell by 200+ the following year. All indications are pointing towards lower than 2016 numbers.

The question is how come every time someone confronts Trump about something he deflects towards another subject? Sounds like members on this board deflect deflect deflect but Obama but Clinton but Democrats... SMH

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
.... Now it has gone so far around the bend there is no turning back. At the rate people are leaving Cook county, and Illinois in general, there won't be anything left to tax and ruin but the criminals and politicians. That suits me just fine.

The downside there is if the inner city has nothing of value for the crooks to steal, where do YOU think they will go next? You will see a corresponding rise in crime in the surrounding burbs as a result. The disease is still there, it will just move to a new host.

We need to kill the disease, not the host.

That is exactly what I was just saying. I live in one of those burbs and we are experiencing an increase of crime but it is not from locals. It is thugs and bangers from Chicago. Cameras are going up on every street corner, police are getting military equipment and vehicles, and locals are armed and willing to shoot first and not ask any questions later. Its just a matter of time before something happens.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

There was a lot of crime, but it was different. We weren't afraid to go outside or walk down the street. There were places you didn't go at night but I don't think that has ever changed. There were some places you were more likely to be the victim of violent crime than others. Everyone knew where those places were and stayed away. The idea of getting hit by random gunfire or caught in a drive by was not a common event then as it is now.

I have to say I don't follow you on the deflection. This thread is about Chicago violence. How is addressing that topic, by me or Trump, deflecting to democrat this obama that? Its only because it is democrats, and that includes obama, who destroyed this city. That is not deflection - that is fact.

What I want to know is how much did obama pay mayor daley for his senate seat? We know daley tried to sell at least one senate seat and his is in prison as we speak for it. Who is to say that is the first one he ever tried to sell? You have to admit, an outsider with no political background other than 'community organiser' seemed to rocket to the top of the sh1tpile pretty fast - even by corrupt Chicago standards.
edit on 30-7-2019 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Do you mean blagojevitch? If he did I'm sure Obama would have gotten him out of prison so he wouldn't blab to the press. If true, I wouldn't doubt it, anything is possible w these crooks.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Thank you for the correction. It was blago who went to prison for trying to sell a senate seat. My pondering was whether daley did the same thing with obama. Blago was kind of famous for business as usual where daley and his father were more well known for creative, previously unheard of ways to fleece the public and line the pockets of their cronies.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join