It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Difference between Mental Illness and Demonic Possession?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Are there any major identifiers that tell if someone isn't suffering from schizophrenia, but demonic possession? One of my friend's cousins has dealt with substance abuse and mental illness, but the specifics of the situation could indicate possession. My friend has forewarned dreams, and has had multiple dreams of her cousin asking for her help -- that someone is inside her. I'll post my friend's story in the comments, but in the meantime, thoughts?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: spookykt

Unfortunately, we live in such a close minded society that bringing up actual possession means you must be schizophrenic. This place is an abomination and we cannot get to the truth because it is purposely being withheld.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Education?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Okay, I'll bite. Is the answer demonic possession is childish superstitious nonsense?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: spookykt
Are there any major identifiers that tell if someone isn't suffering from schizophrenia, but demonic possession? One of my friend's cousins has dealt with substance abuse and mental illness, but the specifics of the situation could indicate possession. My friend has forewarned dreams, and has had multiple dreams of her cousin asking for her help -- that someone is inside her. I'll post my friend's story in the comments, but in the meantime, thoughts?

The difference is that one is real and one makes for good horror films and paranormal shows on TV.
The burden of proof to show that anything about possession is real normally falls apart under scrutiny.

That doesn't change the fact that people will still believe in it but Occam would say that a person with mental illness and substance abuse can be explained with less nefarious origins then Demons.

That being said , in honor of the 15 and last season of Supernatural, make sure to surround your friends cousin in salt then throw holy water on them to see if they react.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The cousin was afraid of the guy she was doing meth with because she said there was something evil in him that wanted her. She got away and ended up sober. She was then diagnosed schizophrenic (no previous mental health issues diagnosed prior to the drug use). She would hole herself up in her room after the diagnosis. There were scratch marks in the wall so deep you could see dry wall. She would speak in different voices and even argue with them at times. Her mom took her to a hotel room one night to give her dad a break. Her mom began to pray for her silently, then she told her mom to stop because "he" knew what she was doing and he was getting pissed off. Eventually the family called a priest who was formerly Catholic. The cousin laughed at him and said she remembered him. He asked her from where and she said "I saw your ass in Germany." The priest was unfazed by it, but the cousin's mom asked him about it and he told her he had been in Germany 6 months prior. The nurses would tell the mom they couldn't understand her because they didn't speak her second language. The cousin doesn't have a second language and they don't know what language she was speaking. The preacher got a group of other preachers and they all prayed over her for hours and when the cousin was released, her and her mom started going to their church. The cousin told her mom "please don't stop taking me to church. They're almost gone and I'm still in here, don't give up on me." When the cousin moved back in with her dad, he wouldn't let her mom come see her at all and wouldn't let the cousin go with her, therefore she stopped going to the church and that's when she regressed again.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

When I was a child my life was in so much turmoil I began taking my frustrations out on things I shouldn't have. I invited something in by doing so. The only way to describe it was darkness, like a floating shadow mass. I did some pretty #ty things that still haunt me almost daily, things that I will probably burn for, and that thing fed off all of it. It made me feel better for a while. Like i was in charge and control. My Son finally taught me better ways, how to be a better person. At times it would hibernate and wait for cracks to exploit. But its never left. It still feeds off my mental illness because it constantly adapts and evolves and learns how to attack me. Fake heart palpitations, panic attacks, etc. It cycles through them...after I get used to one it brings in another, so it can feed. Its an almost constant battle, whether its my brain or whatever "it" is. I hope your friend gets the solution they seek, because a lifetime of this is hell on earth. TC and GL.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

You should check this one out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This is something I’ve been pondering myself. I have personal interest in the subject based upon experiences I had before I got into recovery for alcoholism.

A fellow recovery friend went on to become a missionary and took missions in Mozambique. I was able to watch her journey through social media and recently met up with her when she returned to the US.

Based upon her experience she told me possession is absolutely real and doors can be opened when one succumbs to addiction. She mentioned attachments as well, and stated they are not possessions but can and do hinder people emotionally and physically.

Currently, I am talking with her about potentially doing a set of interviews detailing her experiences with regards to her experiences in moz as well as her experiences with demons.

I realize it is not a popular topic and it opens the door for ridicule. But I have my own beliefs based upon my experiences and I refuse to allow social pressure to influence my quest for understanding.

You asked a great question
and it is why I am hoping she finds it reasonable to do the interviews. It’s not decided yet, and she is not taking it lightly.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

My little step brother was murdered by his best friend who claimed that a demon made him do it.

I believe him, but I'll never forgive him because ultimately it was his choice.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
@raedar Thank you for answering my post so kindly and honestly! I am interested in what your friend has to say, if she does in fact open up to an interview. Please keep me posted

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Yes please keep me posted as well i know for a fact demonic possesion is real im planning to make a thread on it soon thank you

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I have a daughter diagnosed with Schizophrenia. The symptoms onset after she had a great vision that gave her great enlightenment (she calls it a condolini? Experience). I thought that someone had laced her drink with '___', but no drugs were found in her system. I am of the belief that the Vail is thinner for her, and that something she has done has made it easier for spirits to manipulate her. The medications she takes do help considerably, though she complains that they dont help to quiet the Male voice that is constantly screaming.
I have witnessed possession first hand so I am of the belief that mental illness does have some relation to the spiritual realm, but also that medication can dull the senses that are reacting to/with unworldly entities.
These are just my beliefs and they are only verifiable to myself

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm no professional but having somebody else inside of you, somebody other than "you," who sometimes "takes over," is one of the symptoms for DID.

Even in something like the film "Possession of Emily Rose," which I watched, I was given the immediate impression that Emily Rose was "betrayed" beyond belief and she could not find an easy way to integrate the truth into her belief systems- in short... she was raped by somebody she was supposed to trust, and she couldn't believe it, so she denied it and blamed the devil for her illness. With DID sometimes the other somebody is a demonic being- something or someone else that can be blamed for the trauma, so you remain innocent... and also so your rapists remain innocent, too. Because it's easier to live in a world where the people who you trust the most aren't raping you.

The mind is truly a powerful force.

edit on 29-7-2019 by geezlouise because: What do flickering lights really mean?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Some people go thru energetic body awakening without any previous beliefs in telepathy.Vibrating energy and heat energy can be felt in the nerve system (in eastern philosophy chi/kundallini). Body bliss can be induced. Some manifestations can be very annoying like body itches that are hard to scratch. Body being to sensitive to energetic touch.

The body can be configured so the brain can scan frequencies like a radio. You can listen in on both the symbiotic/divine awareness and the insane/dark/demonic and hear your soul clearer.

2 Examples of allowing the unconscious to surface to examine what is in the unconscious:
The ability to let go and let the speech center talk or sing in tongues can be interesting experience.
Letting go of body control and get the body to perform yoga like movements to fix itself.

Even if a conscious hears nasty crap/ideas that clearly are not their own the awareness is responsable for the action it takes. Detach from what your brain is thinking and question is it really you thinking or outside manipulation.

My advice if you have issues with unwanted crap coming in:
1 Get a brain scan to see how the brain looks and if there is something that is blocking communication between cells.

2 Go to someone who knows about energetic body manipulation and learn from them so you get both awareness and body control.

3 See if a group of Reiki/layer of hands can flush the problem away.

4 Look into the possibility of Tuning the brain with ultrasound since it can help create new synapses/connections in the brain. www.quantumconsciousness.org...

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

They could be MPD. Or DID as they all it now.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

One is Crazy , the other is Crazy Sane ........

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Yes demonic posession is a thing, to those that ignorantly dismiss it as mystical nonsense just dont have any experience or knowledge about it. I know a few exorcists and yes it can be confused with schizophrenia and other mental illness, the only way to determine is for exorcist to recite verses of Quran on her and to see if the subject manifests. An alternative do at home solution is to get earphones and listen to 'Surah Baqarah' on youtube. If the subject begins to blink excesaively, their heart rate increases and they begin to sweat and feel uneasy, these are signs of posession, if continued the entity can manifest in the person too. I know this may sound crazy but im speaking from first hand experience and have studied the topic for many years.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   

The rule of thumb, and the one I followed with my own experience with demonic possession, is to question whether or not there is a conscious, intelligent force at work. Illness can wreak havoc on a mind and body, but it cannot think and function with individuality. In my own case, it also affected loved ones and turned them against me, it strategized against me getting sleep, and it also manifested some supernatural occurrences. She should see a psychologist to rule out a mental disorder.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join