It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anectodal Evidence - Strange Dreams Increase Prior to Major Earthquakes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I just thought I'd bring this up to see if anybody has noticed this.

Over the years, living in Southern California, I've noticed that people will often report having weird, strange dreams just prior to and after significant earthquakes. The dreams tend to be highly detailed and unusual enough to if not remember the details, then to at least remember that they were weird. They're not specifically about earthquakes. They're about typical dream stuff just ramped up to the point where they seem more real, possibly more nightmarish with higher levels of frustration in them.

We recently had another fairly good-sized earthquake, and it took me a while to remember that friends had mentioned to me that they had odd dreams, and they reminded me of odd dreams that I had myself. That also triggered my memory about the cluster or quakes we had in the 1990s, centering around the Northridge Quake of 1994. People said the same thing. That they were having strange, vivid dreams before and after the earthquake.

I was thinking that maybe is has to do with fluctuations in something -- magnetic field, maybe, microtremors-- that would have an influence on our brains while we sleep. I'm not sure how that could be tested, though. I know people keep dream diaries sometimes, but they would have to be keeping the diaries before the quakes, and then reviewed later to see if there was any correlation. And even with that, maybe there are some people who would be more affected by it than others, making the numbers difficult to parse out. There is also a corollary to the hypothesis which would be to see if sensitive people would be more affected by odd dreams the closer they were to the epicenter.

I'm not sure how it could be tested, but maybe there's a potential here for some kind of earthquake prediction method. Maybe there's a way to do it with a smaller sample group. I don't know. Just noticing and pondering.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

My dreams are always strange, and always occur before the present.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Maybe it is just that the energy buildup because of tension on the fault line induces some sort of energy signature that powers our dreams. I sleep soundly during thunderstorms, often dreaming strongly. Some people wake up, I have a hard time of being woken up for some reason. Why? Who knows, I just noticed this many years ago. No real earthquakes around here, so I do not know if the energy buildup would effect me at all.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

The other night I had a dream I was an extraterrestrial living on a different planet than Earth. It was so real. What do you think it means? New Jersey hasn't had a big earthquake since the late 1880's.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Reading this immediately made me think of the folks at quakewatch.net.

Their theory is that we get more/bigger earthquakes when a coronal hole in the sun is facing us. This is due to the effect of the hole on the magnetic/electric fields between earth and the sun. This page is a summary:
quakewatch.net...

So if their theory proves to be correct, and it seems they have a better chance of predicting big quakes than most others, then the modulation of electromagnetic energy coming into earth could possibly explain other things like increases in dream activity, psychic energy, etc.. Fun stuff to consider if one has an open mind.

I think many people/scientists try and explain earthquakes as internal only phenomena and don't include incoming space energy in their thoughts. But there is a LOT of energy hitting us and more and more papers are showing up in peer reviewed journals that show direct correlations between space energy and many events here on earth (cloud formation, global winds, temperature swings, etc.).

It's funny, I think several of my last posts were related to this subject. It seems they have me somewhat hooked on the subject and that spurs a reply when I see something related. But I also love to study dreams as other dimensions and believe they are closely related to our spiritual self (which also is modulated by energy), so your post hit on a couple of things for me.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   

My father actually used to have a website on this very thing. He wasn't sure if it was true or not, but he kept an online dated record of common themes from various people's dreams. He wanted to see if the sub-conscience would alert people when something tragic or major was coming. But one day, his site disappeared, with no trace or saved info from it remaining. We were never sure why that had happened, if it was just some bizarre glitch or someone wanted to shut it down.

A believer in Jung's collective unconscious theory, I believe it's very possible that we may sense major events before they occur (on that deeper level.)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I'm not sure how it could be tested, but maybe there's a potential here for some kind of earthquake prediction method. Maybe there's a way to do it with a smaller sample group. I don't know. Just noticing and pondering.

Have you pondered why strange dreams might be remembered and discussed at times around memorable events such as earthquakes?

Why do people remember what they were doing around the time of 9/11?

It could simply be because of the event itself that makes things just prior and just after memorable.

People may remember strange dreams or things they have done but if there was no major event that could be traced back via sources or things that become glued to ones memory like an earthquake in the area or something that stopped the world for a short period of time the actual time frame of a strange dream would most likely not be as precise as having one just prior to an earthquake or major terrorist attack.

Its the event that makes the strange dream memorable in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

join