It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here come the crumbs for the masses, UK MP's for legalizing MJ, if BJ plays this he could storm it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
BBC story

A group of cross-party MPs who've been on a fact-finding trip to Canada predict the UK will fully legalise cannabis use within five to ten years.

Canada became the first G7 country to allow recreational use of the drug in 2018.

Of the three politicians in the group one had a significant shift in his position.

Labour's David Lammy now backs legalisation, against his party's official stance.

Mr Lammy, alongside Conservative Jonathan Djanogly and Liberal Democrat Sir Norman Lamb were all filmed on their journey for a Radio 1 Newsbeat documentary called Legalising Weed: Canada's Story.

I'm surprised its taken this long to be honest, the taxes to be made are enormous, could be used on mental health and social care services.The network is there in every main town, Post Offices or Boots pharmacy even, this could raise a fortune and will still be cheap because they still have to compete with current dealers 😂

Edit, sorry just realised this prob should be in Regional Politics, but I can't change it so it is what is is until a blacked out SUV full of mods cruises by...
edit on 29-7-2019 by Silure because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Silure
I find it hypocritical to the enth degree, now that everyone is jumping on the MJ train. What happened to reffer madness the scourge of our youth?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Lmfao yes! 😂
Most police services here don't care about personal use anyway, and ask any cop they prefer dealing with crime at a stoners house than a party full of pissed up Brits who been drinking all day!

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

they finally realized that money can be made from it. Amazingly enough, they seem to get a much better handle on the true facts once that is realized.

If the US did this on the federal level and used the money for mental health we might be able to reduce the mass shootings by a bit. But I'm not sure that is what "they" want.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I kinda doubt it for you Brits. I mean they took your guns, then your vote and free speech too. They have you pay for antenna Television for years and years also. And now you think they are going to legalize? Wow, seriously cracking up laughing right now. Good luck with that ole chap. ha, ha, ha..."Toodles".
edit on 29-7-2019 by Vicious1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

they finally realized that money can be made from it. Amazingly enough, they seem to get a much better handle on the true facts once that is realized.

If the US did this on the federal level and used the money for mental health we might be able to reduce the mass shootings by a bit. But I'm not sure that is what "they" want.

I've know for years [65] that there is money to be made off good smoke.

Personally I feel that the smoking in the 70's help to calm things down to a certain extent.

The problem in my opinion is the group that has berated it to death for health and other concerns are now jumping on the money train. I just wish they had commercialize it 50 years ago, selling it in liqueur stores and taxing it all.

Taylor made sold in packs with green stamps. Free gear, imagine the marketing possibilities...
edit on 29-7-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: formatting

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Vicious1

Lol 😂👍
Its the money to be made that has sealed it for sure, drugs are like one of the few mass industries which pay # all tax.
The government should go further, say # it, then buy pure, humanely produced coke from S America, transport it via Royal Navy ship, then sell it on and raise billions in taxes.
My best mate suggested that as his cunning plan to inject massive amounts of existing cash into tax money for services.
It's a no brainer, and I keep a positive optimism, you may well be surprised for all we know.
edit on 29-7-2019 by Silure because: Damn that autocorrect lol

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silure
a reply to: Vicious1

Lol 😂👍
Its the money to be made that has sealed it for sure, drugs are like one of the few mass industries which pay # all tax.
The government should go further, say # it, then buy pure, humanely produced coke from S America, transport it via Royal Navy ship, then sell it on and raise billions in taxes.
My best mate suggested that as his cunning plan to inject massive amounts of existing cash into tax money for services.
It's a no brainer, and I keep a positive optimism, you may well be surprised for all we know.

You all did it with the opium trade made billions in today's money, didn't you all supply junkies with stuff back in the 70's?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Lmfao Britain has always been in the game, from pre druid times lol, if there is coin to be made then modern govts should naturally see it as it evolves 😂

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Silure

well that's probably because half the plonkers in parliament smoke the stuff or have

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well, the taxes raised on drugs need to be used on treating those who take too much. It's all fine and dandy, except my nephew has cannabis-induced psychosis which ain't no walk in the park. Drugs are not free of harm.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Sorry to hear your nephew fell prey to the horribly mutated stuff that now dominates the market.

. . . psychosis was three times more likely in those who smoked high-potency skunk cannabis, compared with non-users. “In daily users of skunk the risk rose fivefold,” says Robin Murray of King’s College London, who co-led the team. People who smoked low-potency hash, by contrast, were no more likely to experience psychosis than non-users, suggesting skunk was the culprit.

What is it that makes skunk disproportionately harmful? Basically, it is far richer than hash in delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, the ingredient that creates the drug’s high but which also triggers psychosis. Even more important, skunk contains hardly any of a substance called cannabidiol, or CBD, which has been shown to counteract the psychotic effects of THC. “In traditional hash, the proportions of THC and CBD are about equal, at 4 per cent each,” explains Amir Englund of King’s College London, who was not involved in the study. “In skunk, THC reaches around 14 to 15 per cent, while CBC tumbles to barely a trace,” he says.
. . .
David Nutt of Imperial College London, who has argued for decriminalisation of cannabis, believes that skunk would disappear if governments or states made consumption legal by overseeing its production and regulating its sale, supply and content, as is happening in Uruguay and the US state of Colorado. “Prohibition has created the monster of skunk,” he says. “The solution is to regulate cannabis trade.”
www.newscientist.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I think it was 1987 that things were reaching boiling point and an uprising seemed possible, then some very calming hash appeared across the country and it all went off the boil. Convenient for the establishment.

An independent American researcher said the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and UK's foreign intelligence service MI6 are secretly running major illegal drug cartels across the world.

“I would say, as a customs agent, I also worked as part of a DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) task force, my sense was that, ultimately, we were keeping out the competition from the official level drug trafficking that was coordinated, I believe, among the intelligence entities,” . . .
www.tasnimnews.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

That was an interesting read mate 👍
Got me thinking, now so much is just locally grown due to the 9 or less plants no jail thing, I wonder if that has influenced UK government policy?
It's a massive industry now, the grower gets a cut and electricity paid, sells it bulk to someone else who does the retail end of things. I smell pot almost every street I walk these days lol, almost forget it is actually still against the law.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I liked the MP who openly indulged in cbd cannabis oil on the trip the first time for real medicinal benefits 'I was worried I wouldn't sleep well on the flight home. I had absolutely no high but slept right through breakfast'.

Unfortunately most street stuff is grown for high THC content which is the stuff that makes you high but also causes psychosis, plus it's pumped full of growth hormones and fertiliser to add bulk and force the plant to 'mature' artificially fast. CBD is the anti-psychotic part that has the medicinal benefits and is more present in properly made hash or aged/cured weed.

Lucky enough to have access to a medicinal grow co-operative due to seizures. It's by no means a cure but down from one a week to nearly seven months since the last. The guys who run it were interviewed by the head of MET Police last year when he was conducting research into medical co-ops - he was bloody impressed by the efforts made to make sure the consumer was aware of the potential dangers of taking the drug and supplying it for no profit if someone had a letter from their doctor.

Sadly some marketers and people think it's a miracle cure-all drug that has no down sides or can be used to replace other medicines/cure conditions. Lost a mate to cancer a few years back who was famous in the press for having his cancer 'cured' a few times by CBD oil. It completely got rid of all the nasty side effects of chemo for him and allowed him to eat properly/out on weight for the first time in years, but he stupidly abandoned meds/treatment/actually being seen by drs thinking purely taking the oil would cure him.

new topics

top topics

join