It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is telling the truth considered racism?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Baltimore is in real trouble. Below is a video from the BBC that is critical of Trump and was done in 2018. It discusses the poverty and problems of Baltimore.

Baltimore poverty rates are very high. www.city-data.com...
PBS ran a special in 2018 about the rat problem in Baltimore.

Although Trump may be uncouth I don't think calling his comments racist are fair or accurate. It seems these days that if someone disagrees with a liberal who is of a protected class they are called an ist or ism. This is done so frequently that it is losing it's punch. It is like the boy who called wolf. Call people racist for things that are not racist, which is done all the time in the US, causes people to dismiss real racism when it is present.

It is like the "well turned ankle" of the past that was considered sexy. Now that for generations ankles have been exposed, people think it is weird and not possible that an ankle could be sexy. Overexposure turned it into an everyday, meh. Overuse of words like racism, sexism, etc are turning them into everyday "F you", something that is becoming a meh, so what, insult because it is heard all the time.

The same with people calling Trumps uncouth and uncalled for comment about Sharpton racist. It wasn't
“So (if) some cracker ( i.e. white person) come and tell you 'Well, my mother and father blood go back to the Mayflower,' you better hold your pocket. That ain't nothing to be proud of. That means their forefathers was crooks.” Speech at Kean College in 1994. "Foolish Words: The Most Stupid Words Ever Spoken" by Laura Ward, p. 192, 2003.

“There are white n*ggers. I've seen a lot of white n*ggers in my time.”
“Crime is going down everywhere but in the New York City Police Department.” www.azquotes.com...

“What’s wrong with denouncing white interlopers? “ National Review, March 20, 2000.

"We will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business." 1995, an African-American Pentecostal church in Harlem, New York

(disclaimer, don't watch this video if it will upset you as Sharpton does call for the killing of police and white people in it. I am only including this to prove that while what Trump said was uncalled for, it was not racist, it was truth)

Kill the pigs and crackers (ie white people)

Call Trumps remarks uncalled for, rude, uncouth, etc. But calling them racist and making racism a daily - no multiple times a day insult, thrown at anyone people disagree with, it becomes a meh, who cares, and loses it's real meaning, leaving people to ignore the isms/ists when they really happen.

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The left has been conditioned by the media .

If Trump told a NASCAR joke they would call it racist .

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Because the truth hurts and everyone has a case of the feels today.
Nobody takes responsibility for their own problems.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Trump is not a racist, he cuts down anyone he wants no matter what color they are. He says what he believes to be relevant. He is just that kind of person, I actually know some people like him. I have heard nothing racist yet that he said while president or during the elections. Deep down he may feel that the blacks should work harder to bring up their wealth, he feels everyone should be working unless they have a real physical disability. I do not think that he considers many mental disabilities as a problem. He would rather create jobs for people than hand them money. They used to have places for disabled people to be able to work around here, but they now got rid of that and just hand them money instead.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The ultimate goal is a massive payday.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think really the answer is that its not racism. Racism is just the excuse, the distraction, the table-turner used by the weak minded in response to life not kissing their butt every day.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

But, it is racist and on top of that Race cars are not all white.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
it's just a tactic to shame people into silence, social blackmail since they can't come after people with state or legal power, if you say anything your social life, personal life and your job will be ruined instead.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

My defense in that argument would be they turn to the left . 😁
edit on 29-7-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The term racist has lost all meaning.
Now it seems to mean anyone who criticises/disagrees with a person of colour or isn’t ashamed of being white.

Bernie as well as a few prominent black politicians have said similar about Baltimore in recent times and no one batted an eyelid.

It was just insinuated in another thread that I was condoning white supremacy for being skeptical that a half Iranian who shot up a bunch of white people was a white supremacist like the media is reporting,
I guess what I’m saying is that the answer to your thread title is........ because people are idiots

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I will say, in Cummings defense, nobody should be in charge of this much poverty. These districts must be re-distributed with more middle, upper middle and wealthy. That is the only way they will get out of the funk.

They will have easier access to safer communities, better schools, better jobs. That is how it use to be and it was working. It stopped working when they started packing them all together. Nothing good will ever come out of that scenario. It will only get worse.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
It stopped working when they started packing them all together. Nothing good will ever come out of that scenario. It will only get worse.

They've been packing them together since the 1600's in Baltimore and all along the east coast. It has gotten worse because these cities have been run by the Democrats for the last 100 plus years.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Calling a person racist is a tactic to make one shut up. So instead of defending a side, and listening to the persons point, they now have to defend the fact that they aren't racist...which makes you look like a racist.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

yes of course because the tyres are black and the body is coloured, thats how a liberal would respond

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Another day another snowflake thread about how "waaah waah the left"

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Why is telling the truth considered racism?

It's not. What we are witnessing is the Democrat Party during it's last breadth of air, so delirious ramblings are expected.
They tried to white guilt the country to death and it has finally backfired on them. Only the sheep take them serious now.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: StarsAndLies
Another day another snowflake thread about how "waaah waah the left"

Another day and another sheep baa's.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

A whole thread of them.

"Waaah waaah... why do people keep calling me racist"

Same day same thing, make new thread with some outrage, Trumptards enter with sarc comments about the left and winning and Q and lizard men taking over the world.

But yes, others are sheep

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: StarsAndLies
a reply to: highvein

A whole thread of them.

"Waaah waaah... why do people keep calling me racist"

Same day same thing, make new thread with some outrage, Trumptards enter with sarc comments about the left and winning and Q and lizard men taking over the world.

But yes, others are sheep

And the sheep bleating continues...
...and let the adults converse on these matters.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: StarsAndLies

One of these days African Americans will get tired of the left telling them they aren't smart enough to succeed without the white man's handouts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join