It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone IS NOT You!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Why is it that so many People think, hey, I am smart so everyone should be smart!

Hey, I am cute so everyone should be cute, what is their problem!

Hey, my Family has money so everyone else must be losers if they don't!

My kids, my career, my decisions, my beliefs!

You know what other people have rights too! Not everyone is gifted! Not everyone should own a business like I have my whole life, NO some people are the best at helping that business keep going and deserve respect and a good life too! A bagger in a grocery store is not "a loser" he is working a needed position! he may be suited best to that position, does that make him a loser? NO!

Ditches may need to be dug by hand, someone needs to move the garbage! Those who respect only People who are carbon copies of themselves

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
As I see it, the key is don’t care .

If you worry about what people think of you you’ll get ulcers.

You aren’t in the game of life for them you’re in it for yourself .

If you’re comfortable in your own skin you win .
edit on 29-7-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Good rant and so true.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
As I see it, the key is don’t care .

If you worry about what people think of you you’ll get ulcers.

You aren’t in the game of life for them you’re in it for yourself .

If you’re comfortable in your own skin you win .

Very true but unfortunately there are people out there who came from really bad situations and they never learned that.
Maybe they should teach that in school! Instead many teachers treat kids without parent support and who have ragged clothes as though they are less just like their classmates do.

Why do we punish people for being born in their situation, by our words, by treating them as less. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect if they are doing what they can.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Hey, I'm on the Forbes 400 so everyone else should be on the Forbes 400!
edit on 29-7-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII
Hey, I'm on the Forbes 400 so everyone else should be on the Forbes 400!

Yes but are you at the top or bottom of the list!

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Agreed, this type of mentality has always bugged the # out of me!

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The first 50 seconds of this video explains why:

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
People say things right and left (ha) like if your not making enough money you are lazy! If you aren't making enough money get off your lazy butt and go back to school! Train for a better job.

This is the same thing as saying a simple hard working waitress has zero value! If she is not smart enough to train for some other type of job or has some kind of handicap or actually LIKES her job serving people she is dirt! Work is work, a garbage worker is equal to a lawyer in my book!

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The first 50 seconds of this video explains why:

Thanks for the reminder!
Very interesting. Funny thing is most of us do realize this and the manipulation of our emotions and whole lives but we forget, put it to the back of our minds most of the time.
I am going to share this video with some people. We have talked for hours about this but we do forget!

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Many but not all people stuck at the bottom rung of the ladder.

Have given up and accepted their situation .

Others put their nose to the grind stone and plow ahead despite the obstacles .

When your back is against the wall you have two options.

Give up or fight .

I’ve always treated challenges at a personal level .

“ you’re not gonna beat me “!!!

The explanation you have given is what many people stuck at the bottom think.

Poor pitiful me.

That type of thinking has never gotten anyone anywhere .

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Your position is what many people stuck at the bottom think. Poor pitiful me.

Like I said, many are not "stuck at the bottom" People just see their lives and positions as less.

A grocery store worker should not been seen as the "bottom" anymore than a judge or Politician or a pilot!

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

But mommy said I can do anything....
I wanted to be a space fireman but I was to short...
Mommy lied to me...

Not everyone has the same skill set.
I want my surgeon to be highly skilled and experienced.
I prefer my pilots that way too.

My bag boy? Yeah I dont care until he puts the eggs on the bottom of the bag.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

That is capitalism...

The great business man who is a horrible father and husband, is aces... a pillar of the community even..

The reverse????

The great husband and father who just cannot hold down a 9-5????

Garbage... a bum.. someone take his kids.. lol

It is obviously ridiculous...

And it transfers to all sectors of society...

Teachers , cops, exc, are the most important members of the workforce by all accounts , correct??

Well then shouldn’t they be the highest paid???

If you base your culture too closely around a system of profit, it is gonna bleed into everything else..

I heard this podcast that tracked references of Americans as both citizens and consumers over the decades..

In the beginning all media referred to Americans as citizens, implying duties and responsibilities that come with the title, but as time went on it shifted to media referencing consumers instead

The more often people are referred to as consumers, the less responsibilities they feel toward society..

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Well then shouldn’t they be the highest paid???

When the septic needs to be pumped out we are grateful there is someone on the job!
His value to me is equal to any college grad and maybe he is just as smart too!

I have known plenty of uneducated successful business owners in my life, now seems people act like scholl makes the Man.
Your value is related back to what college grades say you are. We just saw recently how many rich paid for their kids grades!

A hard worker should have the rewards of a hard worker no matter what the job or ability levels!

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I hear what youre saying, but Im just not sure its true.

A grocery bagger simply does not have the same value, as an occupation, as a doctor ,judge, or pilot.

Overall, I dont subscribe to the idea that a persons value is necessarily tied to their occupation. So, judging someone as "worthless" because of their job would be just as inaccurate as saying they are worth the same as everyone, because of their job.

Of course, people bring "value" and "worth" in a multitude of ways. I think we are actually in a place, technologically, to address this with real time earnings. But, I suspect we will need to break away from the concept that human worth is tied to their occupation just as much as the thinking that all jobs are of equal value.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Not everyone has the same skill set. I want my surgeon to be highly skilled and experienced. I prefer my pilots that way too. My bag boy? Yeah I dont care until he puts the eggs on the bottom of the bag.

Sure is nice though that some works the job of filling your grocery bags!

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Of course, people bring "value" and "worth" in a multitude of ways. I think we are actually in a place, technologically, to address this with real time earnings. But, I suspect we will need to break away from the concept that human worth is tied to their occupation just as much as the thinking that all jobs are of equal value.

All true but I guess when speaking of the financial value and ability to make a living without being told that if you had any self respect or were not a lazy lout you would go become something of "more value" to the rest of us.

A truck driver is just as important to our lives as a Airline pilot but so is the guy who loads the truck or makes sure People have a ticket and get on the right plane.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Not everyone has the same skill set. I want my surgeon to be highly skilled and experienced. I prefer my pilots that way too. My bag boy? Yeah I dont care until he puts the eggs on the bottom of the bag.

Yep, high school kids...
If you're 40 years old and still bagging groceries you probably made some mistakes in your life.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Yep, high school kids...
If you're 40 years old and still bagging groceries you probably made some mistakes in your life.

Or you have a ton of energy but a low IQ or many other possible reasons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join