It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore is a wonderful city!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I get what you're saying. And by letting I assume you mean bribes.

And it's one of the reasons that I support politicians releasing their taxes for public review. That way we can catch those politicians who seem to be living beyond their means. And also catch people trying to corrupt our public officials.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: network dude

I'm sure there are more property owners that are not taking care their properties properly. It's just funny that Trump is complaining about conditions in Baltimore when his own family is part of the problem.

does that part change the facts? Should he just ignore the issues in Baltimore because of Kushner's business?

Did Cummings really do great things for the city that are being ignored? Are there not drug, housing, and rodent problems with Baltimore?

ETA: Since this was important enough to be mentioned, it's important enough to discuss. I hope to hear your continued thoughts on this.
edit on 1-8-2019 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Nope. Maybe he should get on Kushner to set an example for other property to follow though. If Trump wants to get involved in Baltimore and clean the place up. Then he should do so. He's in charge of the country. He can do something about it.

Cummings, I don't know. Like most politicians he was probably useless.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I have seen The Wire, really painted a nice picture of Baltimore. I know it is a TV show.

But i hear the Fairfield area of Baltimore is where to live...

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Nope. Maybe he should get on Kushner to set an example for other property to follow though. If Trump wants to get involved in Baltimore and clean the place up. Then he should do so. He's in charge of the country. He can do something about it.

Cummings, I don't know. Like most politicians he was probably useless.

From the things I have heard, the people of Baltimore think this is something that need help at the local level. As Trump said, billions have been thrown at the issue for years with no changes. How long has Kushner owned property there? 30 years? Or perhaps less? I don't know.

I just hope that enough people who really do want to help, do something about Baltimore and Detroit, and some other cities that used to be great, and now suck badly. If all everyone does is obfuscate and blame others, things will continue their downward spiral.

I wonder if Kushner did something wonderful, would he be demonized or rewarded? I suppose that answer depends on whom you ask.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Maybe it's time for an audit to see where that money has gone too.

If people need to go down in Baltimore. Then so be it.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

You know where a lot of it goes.

They propose a project to "do something" but before they can do anything, the people in charge have to create commissions and panels to do all kinds of studies to make sure the project is being done correctly. Of course, the people on those commissions and panels are all cronies owed favors and they make lots of money, go on fat junkets, etc., to study the problem and the solution in excruciating and minute detail.

And ... surprise! Surprise! There just isn't enough money and they need more before the project even starts, and crap like that happens all the way through the project which won't be finished on time.

But it's all legal, just extremely wasteful and back @sswards on purpose.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join