It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-19?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Too bad this never *really flew. That...and that they insist upon labeling it "Aurora"

An airframe like this would have cast a cool shadow...

m.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CrownCartwheelCreed

That would have been pretty cool to see.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: mightmight

Sure it sucks. Ok. Except I've actually seen a Dash One that referenced it. It was buried down the page where if you read too fast you'd skip right over it.

I may or may not know where you're coming from, but i dont think we can discuss this on the merits.
edit on 17-8-2019 by mightmight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Northrops XST looks very interesting, the rival to the stealth fighter when competing for the contract.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rhombus101
Northrops XST looks very interesting, the rival to the stealth fighter when competing for the contract.

A few thoughts-

There were other studies/programs around the same time focusing on IR/RCS reduction- besides XST.

DARPA may have had a low rcs fighter program which predated (and perhaps led to) the XST/Have Blue program.. and there are the Quiet Bird, Quiet attack, Silent Night and and other projects.

Also- interesting to note that, at that time, there were more bigaerospace companies than now.

Many of those companies are no longer in existence.

If you look at the early low rcs designs of some of those companies..and the designs of the companies that bought said companie- and put those together....

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join