It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious iron door in the wilderness of NJ!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
You guys, dont get all excited, its just the back door to mels hole.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infamous Zordak9

LOL, At last weve found it!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infamous Zordak9

Mels Hole is in Eastern Washington you are just a little too far away.

BTW. I already took all the gold bars, so don't bother looking.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Allegedly he was hiking in the woods one day and came across a fenced in area with warning signs all about.

what did the warning signs say exactly? were they no hunting/no tresspassing signs? Or a type of utility sign , such as "call before you dig"?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
NJ is also home to many abandoned Nike defense bases from the 50s-60s. They formed part of the "anti bomber" defenses that protected New York City as well as other large cities of the US back in that era.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemron
NJ is also home to many abandoned Nike defense bases from the 50s-60s.

I've got a few Nike bases pretty close by here in South Jersey, one about three miles from where I live. My father was stationed there in the army back in the 60's, they've been slowly demolishing them over the years. They're all over the state as you mentioned, from the Cold War days.

Sorry if I missed it, but I've never heard of an Independence, NJ, nor did YahooMaps. I did find an Independence Township, is this where it was found?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
yeah....tell your pal to open the door and then as soon as he does throw a grenade in for good measure...just in case!..lol...joking..intresting for an exploration view point but probably just a mine shaft service door or ventilation?

but hey?...you never know?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Tomorrow is Saturday. You got all weekend to check it out and come back with some news. That's your homework.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have been following this thread and cant wait to see if you do find out what is behind this door. I have followed almost every article in weird NJ and this is one that I dont recall ever coming across. As to the one reply up above about Nike bases, I live about two minutes away from one also in Middlesex county and I have read in the weird NJ magazine that it is completely haunted in the woods and there is supposed to be a fog over the area no matter what the weather is like outside. It is one place that I do want to see for myself but it down a dirt path and it is hard to get to because the local police like to park in the road to take radar for the highway. Maybe one day I will be able to get in without getting in trouble.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If it is a cave like complex you could get lost or if is a heavily infested bat cave you have to watch out for cardon dioxiode build up, which could be fatal. Don't forget a heavy duty flash light, a couple days of food and water and let someone konw where your going, just in case the monster that lives in there eats you.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It would be really interesting if your friend could take some pictures of this door. Please keep us updated! My guess is that its an entrance to an old bat cave, but I dont know enough to make an accurate judgement.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Several years ago during the flood of 1993 my friends and I were motorcycle riding in Monroe Country Illinois trying to get close to view the Mississippi River flood by Valmeyer Illinois.

We were on top of the bluff which over looks river flood plane riding up and down rock roads and driveways trying to get a view of the flooding.

This area is all farm land between the bluff and the river, and the bluff itself is mined for limestone. The Bluff has mutiple mine holes the size of homes which break out of the bluff face.

To make a long story short, we climed into one of the openings and explored the mine shafts. Naturally the mine was dark, but we had 1 flash light and we walked the mine down hill.

The mine size was very large, the kind of mine large dump truck use, so we walked this road down hill for about it seems several city blocks and the mine branched off and we walked the side shaft till it stopped at a concrete wall that went from floor to ceiling and from wall to wall, and in the middle of this wall was a stainless steel double door, I would say 12ft x 20ft. And in the middle of 1 of the double doors was a single door, stainless steel I would say it was larger than a standard door, maybe 40 x 80 inches.

But now here is the kicker, the doors had no external hinges, and no locksets. We sat at the doors for at least 20 minutes looking at the entrance trying to figure out how they worked. I dont know if this was a storage vault for the mine at one time, or if it was storage for the gov. We looked on the ground and the powdered limestone floor was undisturbed except for our tracks.

To this day I have not been back in the mine at this location, now that the great flood has passed, we motorcycle ride on what is called Bluff Road which is at the base of the bluff, and I still ride with the same people who went into the mine with me, and the question always come up about the door and whats behind it.

Now reading the thread about the door on the mountain top, my has interest has surfaced again about the door in the mine, and whats behind it.

john

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
So, it looks like, form the other pages, that metal doors set into rock faces are not unsual in new jersey, and indeed are also used to block in caves of bats and what not.

This still warrants photoevidence, as this particular door might not be one that was previously known.

edit to add
IOW get some beers, buy a disposable camera, and have some fun.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
If its fairly easy to access, and not well hidden or guarded, I'm betting its not anything too exciting. Never know though.

I think when they built a major bunker under a hotel and secretly shuttled stuff in through the hotel was more interesting, even if its publicly admitted now. I guess you never know what you might run across, even if it looks innocent.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by freeb]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join