It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Gilroy Garlic Festival

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I don't think the venue is really surprising. It has nothing to do with what the venue was...garlic festival, music festival, ren faire...this was an opportunity to inflict damage on a large group of people. This is no different than someone shooting up a mall, or any other public place.

This was an obviously unstable young man, who somehow managed to get his hands on a weapon, and went all postal on the closest large group of people he could find.

I think the organizers did their very best to try to protect the festival-goers and the vendors. I don't think you can keep people completely safe in this type of outdoor venue if someone is hell-bent on causing bloodshed. My heart still goes out to the victims and their families...and to you, too, Sahasrara, and your community.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy
somehow managed to get his hands on a weapon,

It's called America. They're in the sporting goods section at Walmart next to the tents and fishing poles.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Islamic imagery
Oh boy
Here we go
White supremacist islamic sleeper cell

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Well, if thats the case...it looks like somebody else did something and this whole thing will be buried in a month.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

Exactly right.

We have got to get back to placing blame where it truly lies, with the person who did wrong.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRealKreemerz

ak47s arent illeglegal and it was an sks not sure if it was modified to take more rounds then the standard 5-10 ,i own a ak47 and a sks both unmodified, and they are very legal to own in most states just needs x amount of American parts to get around the old import ban
edit on 29-7-2019 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

The authority "of the area" will almost certainly not tell the public the real intentions of the murderer, or that he is a Muslim radical. They will try to hide his background, which is why his social media account, at least instagram, was taken down when he was identified. His anger probably comes from the claims of Omar and other radical Muslims whom the left voted as representatives as they themselves have made vicious radical verbal attacks towards the U.S. in general, including Omar whom in September 2017 labeled American troops as "satan" for the Mogadishu terrorist attacks on American troops.

To top it all these Muslim radicals who are now U.S. representatives have continued to lie claiming that anyone who dares criticize "their policies" must be a racist, and their attacks have included calling our POTUS as a racist whom is responsible for the "concentration camps" that Obama/Biden opened, and in which they began puting illegal immigrants in what the left are NOW calling "cages."

Since the "skin color" of the murderer is white that will be what the left, and probably the authorities "of the area" will use to claim the murderer is a racist, meanwhile leaving out the fact that he describes himself as an Italian-Iranian and idolizes his Muslim grandfather whom was a Shia zealot.

edit on 29-7-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
ak47s arent legal

They absolutely are.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Most ANTIFA members, I'd comfortably say around 80% don't even know what they are fighting for and don't care.

Those people are psychopaths mostly, only joining the club to get the opportunity to garner some pleasure by harming people. They cant get their jollies while a democratic government is in power, so they join the other side in the hopes of fulfilling their bloodlust at some point, without consequence.

If the left ever gets full control and these animals became the foot soldiers/enforcers of a Communist regime, the acts they would commit will be horrendous and they would do it all with a smile on their faces.
edit on 29-7-2019 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Re: the 2nd shooter stuff, isn't the government always supposed to be trying to suppress all knowledge of a second shooter? At best, don't they try to keep it out of the official record? Because the feds have been out there since last night and this afternoon local law enforcement confirmed there were reports of a second shooter and that they're investigating those reports.

That's an awfully poor job of a government cover up wouldn't you say?

ETA: I see while I was gone one of our America-hating leftist members got themselves a new handle. Finally couldn't take it anymore and had to spew a diarrhea of their hatred all over the thread and promptly got the axe. More TDS.
edit on 29 7 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

yeah auto correct burned me on that one i own an ak and a sks

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

He shouldn't have been able to purchase this weapon in Nevada if he's a California resident.

That's illegal here.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Since the "skin color" of the murderer is white that will be what the left

I wouldn't put it past the media to invent a new term like they did with "white Hispanic" ala Zimmerman. Okay, they didn't actually invent the term but it was seldom used until they were so excited to run with the whole "white man shot an unarmed black boy" narrative that they didn't do any research and didn't realize Zimmerman was Latino until after the fact, and then they had to spin the whole "white Hispanic" angle to try to salvage the narrative.

In Europe, some of the PC police have taken to calling Islamic radicals "southwest Asians" in their news pieces to avoid stigmatizing Muslims.

I got it, the media will call him a "white southwest Asian."

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

He shouldn't have been able to purchase this weapon in Nevada if he's a California resident.

That's illegal here.

Wait. You're not saying gun control failed are you?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

Well with the mention of the book title justifing "extreme right wing white supremacist" motives; the photos of a Muslim makes it islamic jihadist as well, right?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Let me Guess , it's Trumps Fault ?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Just making statements of fact.

It is currently illegal for a California State resident to purchase a firearm of any kind in the state of Nevada.

Perhaps this person has residency in Nevada and decided to target a festival in California because of the lowered chance of an armed resistor.

Perhaps this person was the recipient of a straw purchase. Which is illegal federally and at the Nevada state level.

Unfortunately we have no real facts just yet as to how he actually acquired his rifle which is highly illegal in California.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Just making statements of fact.

It is currently illegal for a California State resident to purchase a firearm of any kind in the state of Nevada.

Perhaps this person has residency in Nevada and decided to target a festival in California because of the lowered chance of an armed resistor.

Perhaps this person was the recipient of a straw purchase. Which is illegal federally and at the Nevada state level.

Unfortunately we have no real facts just yet as to how he actually acquired his rifle which is highly illegal in California.

The facts get even scarier. He knew the place had armed security. They were even screening people with wands at the entrance. He used bolt cutters to enter another way and bypass security. Armed officers responded in under a minute and he was still able to shoot how many people?

The ONLY real solution is 1) stop creating these shooters and 2) until then, stop leaving people sitting ducks. Let us #ing carry. That's the only thing that stops these people. Gun control doesn't work, they just ignore it. You can't depend on the police or security. Protect yourself. The real world isn't all hearts and flowers, unicorns and rainbows.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

But I can see California making a new law that would make it illegal to bring any fire arm into the state that is banned in the state by any persons living outside the state. This could lead to illegal search and seizures of non-California residents coming into the state for hunting and recreational sporting events.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I believe I read he has family in both states. He grew up in Cali maybe lives in Nevada now.
edit on 29 by tiredoflooking because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join