It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Gilroy Garlic Festival

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My standard involves the fact that the guy shot up a festival - which you or I haven't or wouldn't do, so...

Actually, when Antifa assaulted the ICE center, I advocated for classifying BOTH Antifa and right-wing extremist groups linked to violence as terrorists, but that didn't go over well...

In the end, I agreed with another ATS user (whom I think is libertarian) that it would be best not to classify either group as terrorists - all one way, or all the other - because of the way that terrorists have lost civil liberties in the past due to the dealings with Islamic ones, who are not usually citizens.

We definitely don't want to start classifying people as terrorists just for what they read. But this guy shot up a festival, apparently for political motivations. This is classic terrorism.
edit on 29pmMon, 29 Jul 2019 14:38:04 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Yeah, but that still doesn't mean anything. If it was that cut and dried, they'd have a motive which they don't yet as far as I know.

As I pointed out, people can toss around book titles for all kinds of different reasons. People here toss around the name Stormfront for all kinds of reasons too. The only reason I know Stormfront exists is thanks to the fine people here, and now I've just referenced it twice.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

is the shooter not italian/iranian?
not really stormfront welcome material there now is it?

you can call him a white supremacist all you like, which is funny as your earlier post said we should wait until we get official info

myself I am going with the smokey the bearist answer
it seems as nutty as the shooter

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

apparently for political motivations.

funny that is not what the cops have said
that is only your opinion

which is what is really important to you

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

A second suspect “was involved in some way, we just don’t know in what way,” Gilroy Police Chief Scot Smithee said late on Sunday, without giving further details. “We have no idea of a motive,” he said

no idea of a motive......
interesting

they are only saying that to protect all the whiteys , no?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm sure this is somehow the garlics fault.

Morons - "If only we could arm more people, then we'd be safe"

This news just gets filled away by foreign media as "Just another day in America", nothing changes, people still rather cling to a piece of paper written hundreds of years ago than the lives of people today. People need to wake up.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I hope you, or any of the people starring you, are not one of those people that claim the Las Vegas shooting was a case of Left Wing extremism. I mean, according to the police they still don't have a motive.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Well somebody had to do it, and that person was you. Congrats on being that person. Oh and then we had all the talking points from the next one: Extreme right wing(!), Racist(!), Terrrorist(!) White supremacy(!). Man, it hasnt even been 24hrs and you came up with all that on your own, even though the police have said no such thing. That's quite an imagination you have there.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: StarsAndLies

people still rather cling to a piece of paper written hundreds of years ago than the lives of people today

yep
typical globalist response
not here
tho a timely subject

Venezuelans regret gun ban, 'a declaration of war against an unarmed population'

“Guns would have served as a vital pillar to remaining a free people, or at least able to put up a fight,” Javier Vanegas, 28, a Venezuelan teacher of English now exiled in Ecuador, told Fox News. “The government security forces, at the beginning of this debacle, knew they had no real opposition to their force. Once things were this bad, it was a clear declaration of war against an unarmed population.”

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: shooterbrody

I hope you, or any of the people starring you, are not one of those people that claim the Las Vegas shooting was a case of Left Wing extremism. I mean, according to the police they still don't have a motive.

you should start a thread about that
this one is about a shooting at a garlic festival
one that the police have no motive for at this time

interesting that you would attempt to distract from that tho
you don't subscribe to the smokey the bear motive?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

Literally one of the first posts on this thread blamed the Left. Where's your response to that person for jumping the gun?

At least there's evidence to suggest this person was a Right Wing extremist.
edit on 7/29/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I posted a picture of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander:Fiery Cross on my Facebook the other day. Doesn't mean I'm a time-traveler in love with a Scottish warrior.

People post LOTS of stuff on line. People say LOTS of things on line. Sometimes there is evidence of a motive. Lots of times it's just STUFF.

I think waiting for the police to connect the dots makes a lot more sense than blaming anyone at this point.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

really?
that is not what the police have stated
keep throwing the poo tho monkey

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

'Devon Erickson, 18, and Alec McKinney, 16, opened fire on two classrooms at the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math charter school in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, on May 7, killing one student and injuring eight others'

How quickly SOME people forget. Was this extreme right wing terrorism? Was the kill count not high enough for you? Oh well, on to the next news cycle and what my smartphone tells me to care about.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: BoscoMoney

Literally one of the first posts on this thread blamed the Left. Where's your response to that person for jumping the gun?

If a book title makes on white supremacist, then we all are here, and that would also mean this kid, being half Iranian is just as likely to be Muslim as white supremacist, right?

I mean that evidence to suggest a thing is just as good.

Either one is just as likely, and if either one was cut and dried, the police would have said so by now. So let's just wait.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
www.sacbee.com...

Smithee said he had no information on a possible motive for Sunday’s violence.

no motive
despite what a few here would have you believe

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

His Instagram has been linked to White Supremacy... yet we need to classify Antifa as a terrorist organization for punching people? Even if you look at the overall statistics and not just this situation, you can see that right-wing extremists pose a larger threat than Antifa.

What would conservatives do if someone from Antifa shot up a food festival? They would be labeled terrorists immediately! Fight the double-standard. All one way, or all another.

This shooter is a terrorist. He is also a real white supremacist and an anti-Semite. He has nothing in common with me politically, nor with the vast, vast majority of "conservatives."

How about not lumping me in the same group with insane people?

TheRedneck

(post by StarsAndLies removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

He has nothing in common with me politically, nor with the vast, vast majority of "conservatives."

And you know this how?

How about not lumping me in the same group with insane people?

TheRedneck

He says... after a sweeping statement about a large group of people.

One right winger can speak for everyone in the group.
The shooter, a right winnger, doesn't speak for anyone in the group.

Squirm

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: StarsAndLies

Sorry, but when the loudest political idiots in the country constantly talk about you as deplorables and every -ist- ism -phobe, etc., under the sun and do their level best to destroy your life if you run afoul of them, I have no interest in giving up my right to arm myself for self-protection against the day they take political power.

At that point, they may decide the easiest way to never lose power again is to simply remove the politically impure from their ranks ... permanently.

And, yes, there is no hyperbole there, and I am not alone in that worry and suspicion.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join