It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aviation Nation meetup

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The Nellis Air Show is set for November 16 and 17. I plan on going, and am willing to meet up with anyone else that wants to go. It is always a fun show and this year promises to be just as good.

rove.me...

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Figured there'd be more interest in the Area 51 raid posted on Facebook.. lol.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Would love meet a few of you guys, maybe next year. Now I'm a fully contracted driver I'm gonna start earning some real money which means I can afford plane tickets and better camera gear. Would love to see a US show and then spend some out in the desert

Either way, enjoy yourselves. Will try posting my RIAT pics at some point but I've just come back off a family holiday so haven't had the time to post them, only posted on my instagram account

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hopefully you get a few to turn up , looks like there may be a few going to the Edinborough show .Time will tell if we meet up of course . I will keep bumping of course and hope to get a buch of us .

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
The Nellis Air Show is set for November 16 and 17. I plan on going, and am willing to meet up with anyone else that wants to go. It is always a fun show and this year promises to be just as good.

rove.me...

Wish I could go, but not likely..
Zaph these are pictures from an acquaintance..***NOT MY PHOTO'S***
Direct from Nellis even today.

And here we have the Air Force ThunderBirds arriving from Columbia South America.

Steel71heavy an (airport ambassador ) of KPIT took these from Vegas.
He claims to have the first picture of an American Airlines A321 Neo... I beat him by 5 miles. The weather's the same but the proof is the landing gear... I got it deploying. Don't tell him that though

It came directly here from Airbus. So far 4 aircraft arrived... 3 month's of upgrades and there There may be a pitching issue🤔 they brought in I.T. 😐
edit on 29-7-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

The 321 has an extreme pitch up issue that they're having to fix. Because it's a longer airframe, it sees it where the 320 doesn't. They announced it quietly a couple weeks ago.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Let's see if it goes under the radar( no pun intended ) unlike the MAX.

@sleel71heavy and his friend @bigev21 on Instagram. Both young but very in tune to what's going on. Steel71 is trying very hard to become a pilot. Thanks to him, I'm starting to understand all these ATC/Trainer memes. Thus learning about the "Pitch Issue" with the A321.

I look forward to seeing a great collection of photos in November

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   

It has so far. I haven't seen anything about it outside Flight.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Then I can only assume they caught it here before ( as airbus pilots passed on the info ) prior to certification. The plane i showed has gone into service. Tail Number N401AN. Sat here for a wee bit, but whatever the issue it was passed off to Texas and entered service. I can't offer more than that as I don't know much more other than I was told of a pitching issue.

Edit: let this show of being a record of such A321 pitch.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   

It's only under very specific conditions. The customers requested changes to the ELACs to make the aircraft more responsive. During software testing after the aircraft was certified, it was found that if the aircraft is below 100 feet, with a CG that is shifted aft (the exact wording is "very aft CG"), and in a specific landing configuration, if the crew performs a go around the pitch protection won't activate and the aircraft can pitch up to an extreme angle.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Ohhhh...
1: sorry to wreck your thread being off topic but thankfully you clarified.
2: Cg Center of Gravity won't point the nose down causing high speed dirt, but sending the Aircraft upward in a non stalling safe response AOA...
Do I understand this correctly?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Putting the CG too far forward or aft will cause excessive trim input at best to keep the nose level. The National 747 that crashed in Bagram was caused partly by an MRAP moving back, causing the CG to shift aft, pushing the nose up at a steeper angle. Too far forward and it will want to push the nose down.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Yes I've seen the load shift on that 747 which pitched it so far AFT it caused the uncontrollable stall. (That film is horrible) this is what my concern was and without hesitation you addressed this like you're in my head.

Let me be more blunt as you've already kindly answered my question

It has so far. I haven't seen anything about it outside Flight.

Airbus saw and corrected this issue. In other words we shouldn't see Airbus going extremely upward and doing the MAX high speed dirt?

So is the A321 a safe aircraft? ( seeing a bunch of planes taking up employees parking at Boeing )

Zaph this really should have been a different thread. Tell DTOM to delete my post if needed.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

It's safe. It sounds like a pretty rare combination of factors.

Eh, threads in this forum wander. No big deal.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I know my n= is tiny, but I had a fantastically smooth and uneventful flight on one of the first in-service 321neo's in April of last year with Azores Airlines.

I was honestly more bummed that I missed the chance to fly the A310s by like 6 weeks.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

rove.me...

Only at Nellis would you ever see a Mi-24 Hind-D, Ive been sold on the idea since seeing this footage from 2017.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Putting the CG too far forward or aft will cause excessive trim input at best to keep the nose level. The National 747 that crashed in Bagram was caused partly by an MRAP moving back, causing the CG to shift aft, pushing the nose up at a steeper angle. Too far forward and it will want to push the nose down.

There is an old saying. A nose heavy airplane flies poorly. A tail heavy airplane flies once.

We just got back fro Airventure. If I knew how to post pics, I would put some on.

I have never been to Ellis or to the races at Reno, but Dayton puts on a good show. Mirimar is OK. NAF El Centro did a decent show for a smaller community. There is a museum at Dayton if you have a couple days. Nellis?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Flipper35

Red and Green Flag, and if you know where to go out in the desert you can catch WSINT and the Red Flag guys playing. One of the guys I know that goes out there climbed one of the peaks and watched a group of B-1s go by below him.

For air shows, Aviation Nation is one of the better ones. They occasionally fly a U-2, trot out some of their Russian equipment, and do a lot of other things.
edit on 7/30/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

The flag exersises would be awesome.

I remember seeing the MiG-29 at Dayton way back in the early/mid 90s. Also a B-52 making a high speed pass in the humid air. you could only really see the leading edge of the wings forward and the empennage. The Fulcrum was doing the "Cobra" thing that everyone thought was so revolutionary. I thought the tail slide was far more impressive.

Might have to make time for a trip out that way in a year or two.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Flipper35

The Flag guys take off and land right over your head depending on which location you go to. I have to pull my 300mm lens way back to get them all in frame. The early Red Flags are usually the best in terms of foreign players. The first one of the year usually has the RAAF and RAF. The third is usually US only, but not always. The fourth a couple years ago had Israel, the UAE, and another ME player.

Green Flag sometimes sees the Italians and Germans come as well.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join