It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insomnia, anyone else deal with it?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddeninsite
a reply to: Silure

I love your soul
Love your own before loving anyone else's

Now back on topic, I bought some valium off an old guy in town today, got chatting and he offered me some, he wouldn't take any cash but I bought him a £5 backpack like mine as he'd mentioned how useful it looked for walking with sticks! Hopefully knock myself out in an hour or so lol

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

No 'cure' but I get doped up on mes before attempting sleep, I also have problems in sleeping for two=three days at time.
Nearest thing that had the same symptoms was a hormonal problem, my body was dishing out Cortisol at times when I would usually be wanting to sleep. Im having probs with my Adrenaline Glands not working properly and it got me thinking, if it screws up one hormone can it do to another???

I have a tumour on one gland and some exploratory work showed the so-called good kidney was the problem, not the tumour one. Hope that helps you look.

Check the Cortisol thing on youtube , the Doc on there doesnt come across as a quck wanting money anyway.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Yes. For sure loving my own soul. I really like myself and do love myself and can spend hours alone quite happily.
Thank you.

Ooooo, I hope that helps! Keep us posted.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Tie No Bows!

Interesting!!! I am just coming to this conclusion myself, that it has to be cortisol related.

I'm just running out the door which is why the quick response.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Tie No Bows!
Mate, bloody 'ell that sounds a nightmare, I'll quit my bitchin! 😀

Will have a Google later and look into it, nice one, and hope things pan out better for you 👍
Valium tonight though lol, be nice to black out for a while, cat is fed, no need to get up, she can catch a mouse anyway as I hiss at her if she gets lairy meowing at me 😂

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddeninsite

Well.. Its hard to say, I just kinda woke up this way.

I had what was diagnosed as a seizure, which left me unconscious for a few days. Doctors were pretty outspoken that I should not have survived.

Pretty strange though.. The femoral head was completely drained of blood, which I was told indicates it had been broken for weeks. But, thats the kind of break you notice, so its hard to say what happened. Lots and lots of strangeness. I also had pretty severe nerve damage in the foot of the leg that *didnt* have the hip replacement.

After surgery, I had to have my legs strapped into this wonderful wedge pillow that kept my feet three feet apart at all times. Had to wear it for a few weeks. It was really wonderful. Did I mention how wonderful it was? Everybody loves stuff like that. Oof, sarcasm overload, hold on..

I have had lots of spinal imaging at this point (this all started over a decade ago now). Basically, most of my thoracic region is broken (8 vertebrae). Ive lost 4 inches in height! And due to some mystery bone disorder, those spinal fractures dont heal and just stay in the acute fracture stage. Newest XRay showed no new fractures though. I also have four or so herniated discs in my lower back, but for the most part, they aren't a big deal.

Ive broken the hip a couple times, my back, ribs, etc. At the very least, Im happy the hip replacement healed. Its been an.. Interesting.. Journey.

Im genuinely appreciative of your prayers, thank you

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Wow, totally impressed reading that mate 👍
Definitely admire your spirit.
I always think I'm lucky when I meet others with greater challenges. Meet loads now, we're all sharing the same public benches with each other as we rest between journeys. Bad day yesterday, could only walk 30 ish short paces before sitting down, and lucky I was in town because every bench was like around the perfect distance for me lol.

I met some cool people, and it's totally natural to say "Bloody 'ell mate, what happened to you?" or whatever, was well jealous of some old hippy guy who had a staff ffs, drift wood he had found, then sanded it down and put one of those rubber things on the end. Fantastic weapon, showed me some moves if he ever thinks he really needs them 😀

If we ever meet on a bench somewhere in the world then expect a good chat with me 👍

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join