It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insomnia, anyone else deal with it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's nearly 1am Monday and I've been awake since 10am Friday, slow maths on fingers that's...urm...63 hours I think. Tried to sleep loads of times but just lay there thinking and stroking the cat lol, so just got up and spent normal day again.
My longest period awake was maybe 30 years ago, 6 days and nights, had a weird trippy thing like I withdrew into my head and was viewing the world through binoculars from my cotton wool cocoon.

Yep sounds nuts, but all my life even when asleep I've then walked outside, stripped my clothes off and just walked, got found a couple of streets away when I was a kid 😱
I remember it as a dream and my mother saying go to sleep my petal ❤️

Odd thread for sure but I'm sat here thinking why won't my mind sleep lol so shout out to anyone else still awake 😂
I could of course suddenly crash out as well though so I can't promise replying asap!

Peaceful dreams, and especially to my US member dearly loved friend and my crazy (Edit, and equally loved) amigas who may read this lol x
edit on 28-7-2019 by Silure because: See "edit"

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Silure

My friend, Scuttelaria baicalensis, otherwise known as Chinese skullcap. And might I suggest a "MyPillow?"

Im happy to pm with you

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Try taking some Valerian herb. I call my girlfriend "cat" too and she often prevents me from sleeping.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Try taking some Valerian herb. I call my girlfriend "cat" too and she often prevents me from sleeping.

I was going to suggest Valerian root as well... excellent call.

It doesn't work for some people but that's my go-to if I can't sleep.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Cheers guys 👍
Valeria has never cut the mustard for me, relaxed yes, but mind no lol, will check out skull cap though thanks. I always get to sleep eventually but even then its just a lucid dream for me,
I don't wanna break rules here but there is a blackmarket industry here and sometimes I'll pay a tenner or so to just black out for some hours, total switch off, its like I've never actually been able to do that naturally.
Not bitchin about it like, just sharing my perceptions of being conscious or not if you know what I mean 😂

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Valerian is very specific, in fact it will act as a stimulant for better than 50% of the population.

Typically, insomnia is an inflammation issue

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

inflammation of what???
Edit, I have constant nerve pain in my lower legs, they twitch and do whatever the #### they like when in bed, sometimes I don't even know if my two feet are touching each other or it is the cat sat on me lol.
It is a ####ing pain in the arse to be fair, mildly annoying at best, prob just a disabled thing, but doesn't help when you have existing stay awake for days bull#### going on 😂😂😂
edit on 28-7-2019 by Silure because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

YouTube has many videos with recommendations. Some are about herbs, some are tips on what to do or not to do before bed, some are about foods. Check it out.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Lumenari

Valerian is very specific, in fact it will act as a stimulant for better than 50% of the population.

Typically, insomnia is an inflammation issue

Exactly... it wires my wife up but works well for me.

My wife uses a melatonin supplement when she has insomnia and it works for her.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Has your blood sugar been tested recently? sounds like neuropathy incoming my friend

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ah thank you, trouble is for me it feels like the years I spent raving and partying was just me always trying to get in some zone to numb the wide awake club mind!
If you know what I mean, I can easy do valium or whatever would knock a horse out lol.
Maybe being too honest here, and best mate in real life when you read this tomorrow sat on the porcelain throne, please do chuckle to yourself!
😂
edit on 28-7-2019 by Silure because: Damn that autocorrect lol

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

YouTube has many videos with recommendations. Some are about herbs, some are tips on what to do or not to do before bed, some are about foods. Check it out.

Thats what it boiled down to for me when i had transient bouts of insomnia. I eat or drink anything but water too late, or dont drink enough water, guaranteed to get the jimmy-leg and stay up all night. I never watched any youtube on this. Just kinda figured it out by keeping a log of my activity for a few weeks.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

inflammation of spleen, liver or gall...but look we are getting a little deep. I want you to be healthy, I recommend a good chinese doc like me, or an ND

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I have peripheral neuropathy friend, its why I walk like a cripple carrying his mate lol ❤️

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

restless leg syndrome is founded in the liver channel. either lifestyle or environmental factors.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

I've only drunk water all day except for a coffee in the morning, and a bottle of Bishops Finger ale at my mate's house in the afternoon, nearly 2am now Monday.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Chronic insomniac here.

Since a TBI at 14.

Try sleep clinics, sleep training, sleep teaching.

Really, there are classes.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

sleep clinic on the NHS?! That ain't happening anytime soon lmfao! 😂
Nice one though 👍

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

thatll learn folks about socialized meds

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Frozen shoulder here. In the worst of it right now, and there is only one very specific position I can lay in ... if the pillow is angled just right ... if I have a second pillow between my legs like a pregnant women would ... if I have a heat pad on my frozen shoulder ... if I have my arm angled just right ...

And if I can't make one of those things work? It hurts, and I'm awake. Not quite insomnia, but achieves the same effect. I feel your pain.

Whenever my mind doesn't want to calm itself though? Sometimes I just have to get up and unload whatever it is that has my brain buzzing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join