It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go -SNIP- yourself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
TL;DR: I took an hour out of my day to write this for you, you can take 3 minutes out of your day to read it for me

Why do so many seem primed and ready to sling bows of arrows at one another? To fire the rains of hell upon one's fellow man? To cat like fights and dogs over nothing?
An independent liberal getting ready with clenched teeth to school a dependent republican for beeing too democratic, or perhaps one of those SJBMWs we've heard so much of lately felt like chiding their neghborhood feminazis about abortions being religious racism under Texas law... or whatever. It's all crazy and you all know it.

The chaos is centering, considering how far we've flung ourselves, attached like addicts to our culture and conditioning.
We freak out because that's a human thing to do.
Our species is one nostalgic for primal urges and basic instinct, it's all there under the tailored hood of modernity and progress.
Yet, we've been forced so far away from our nature, and regimented, and processed, that we crave any semblance of the violence and bestial realness and sometimes escapes our bottling it in, sometimes drastically.
Point is, we're all going to war for someone else when we fight amongst ourselves, and we do it as an outlet because we don't want to instead bite the hand that force-feeds us.

It's quite the relief release valve, isn't it? To just scream it all away to a stranger or to lose the anxiety in the infinite geometries of culture and entertainment? To pick a side like this is some sort of a game and play along for a regular fix of dopamine and serotonin excitation, or simply get lost yourself and forget what any of what you're doing is about or what any of what you're about is doing...? A mindless and inhuman existence if ever there were one.

The environment we find ourselves in is a global brain slowly being born of the collective efforts of our technological and systemic efforts, and slowly yet beyond a shadow of doubt robbing us of ourselves, our time and focus.
Hours per day drained into the black hole screens of commerce, through every dazzling Hz and K, paid for by the years of sweat and tears dragging our sorry unworthy selves through conditioning after conditioning to the highest hill we can to die on with the most expensive view we could afford to lose. Is that what we want?

This machine that we're building around ourselves, these technological and ideological vines we feed...they live alongside us as everything else does yet grow too thick, and snake too deeply that they crack our base, crumble the ground we stand on together.
They grow too tall and swallow the light of the natural world from around us and in us- instead of shining alongside and through us as a true symbiotic relationship, this thing has become in some ways, like a parasite to our humanity.
For all its good, it hasn't gotten us along for all these millenia. We have.
The only way to counter this is to elevate our own foundation and reach with the same attention and resource to what we are and need.

We're all so on the edge of things, pushed away from where we've come from or where we wanted to go, so far outside of things that we feel caged.
A creature contained has nowhere to inflict its frustrations but back onto itself, or onto its container.

That's what we're seeing all around us, the result of a sick system that isn't consulting a caring doctor but rather the pill-pushing vampire of profit emperialism. Its permutations are plenty, just search for the latest genocide or school shooting flaunted by sensationalist and fear-driven """journalism""", and you'll be unable to stop finding evidence to suggest that we're crumbling as a unit only because of the divides driven between us by systems and technologies and policies and agendas that we evolve with a gross disregard for humanity.
Marumbe's heart stopped beating because third-world exploitation doesnt translate to a balanced breakfast, and Jeff Bezos has $120Reptillion in his bank account and probably still gets anxiety about keeping profit margins climbing.
Our eyes are clearly not set on our true needs as living beings.

So what do we do? We do what we can!
Wake up! Wake up and remember who we are and what we want.
Remember that the people you interact with aren't your enemy, that there is no left or right, and that both Coke and Pepsi are gonna rot your teeth regardless of your taste for either.

We are here together as we always have been, and although we're closer and more connected that ever before, our future is beginning to look lonelier and more divisive as our social values and value of people decline.
I can't expect these words to change the world, but I can remind you of this simple fact, we are one and the same in slightly different circumstances.
Approach things as you really are, with your true mind and heart, beyond the expectations of the technocracy. Like a human.
Don't let the machine do the thinking for you!
No need to come into anything with negativity, slinging unnecessary or damaging emotions and intentions- these things aren't you.

Go find yourself.

Is that too much of a difficulty for us to overcome in the face of a universe of challenges? We can't possibly hope to make it past our cosmic front door if we can't make it together.
Seriously people, we need to just chill out and get back to ourselves.

(I picked this version because it's not pre-recorded or processed.
What's a little reality to break the mold in this unreal world?)

The establisment doesn't need to be raided for the public to trust its governing powers.
An empowered public needs to be established to trust its raiding governance!
edit on 28-7-2019 by ADAMandEVIL because: ETA fixes

edit on 7/29/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

Everyone knows the biggest bully in the room gets the most respect. Everything else is left wing new age BS.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
6000 years of recorded human governance and we have never gotten this right.

Taking the long view, this should hardly be a surprise.... And right on cue everyone is busy suppressing history, changing the words we are allowed to use, and demonizing anything and anyone who isn't towing the party line du jour.

Welcome to the current cultural revolution. It's not the first and won't be the last. The trick is surviving it all and teaching the next generation to aim for something better.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Let's get the Boogaloo started homie. Rain Chaos down on everyone and see what's left standing when the dust settles.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADAMandEVIL
TL;DR: I took an hour out of my day to write this for you, you can take 3 minutes out of your day to read it for me

If it were written in even passable grammatical English I'd give it a try.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Go "f" yourself... what a nice sentiment...

Masturbation is the only thing that is not taxed, regulated, or illegal (if conducted out of public view)...

That is the extent of our freedom... we are free to "f" ourselves...

(Mods- if this gets deleted... I understand.)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Well I can understand it quite well.

Your response is exactly what he OP is all about.

As an example ... You nailed it!

Well done!

P

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

originally posted by: schuyler

Well I can understand it quite well.

Standards have drifted lower. The point is why bother? It's a useless endeavor. Tell me, what does it mean to "sling bows of arrows at one another." I find that hilarious as well as illiterate.

Your response is exactly what he OP is all about. As an example ... You nailed it! Well done!

Hey thanks, Bro. You da Man!
edit on 7/28/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Go F# yourself, right back!!

I will NOT read an entire (long) post in bold font! You might as well have typed it in all caps!

STUFF IT!!

I don't even care what you said! I could even possibly agree with it, but I absolutely do NOT presented the way you have presented it!!

Sorry (well, not really).

ETA - Minus 6 flags and all stars!!
edit on 7/28/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Remember that the people you interact with aren't your enemy, that there is no left or right, and that both Coke and Pepsi are gonna rot your teeth regardless of your taste for either.

Best freaking way to sum up politics I've seen on here yet, OP -- at then end of the day, neither are good for you and both equal rot. Even if you pick the slower rotting of the two, it's STILL rot.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Of course you could have just not read it and moved along.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Go F# yourself, right back!!

I will NOT read an entire (long) post in bold font! You might as well have typed it in all caps!

STUFF IT!!

I don't even care what you said! I could even possibly agree with it, but I absolutely do NOT presented the way you have presented it!!

Sorry (well, not really).

ETA - Minus 6 flags and all stars!!

Format aside, it's no different than when you post your proverbial novel-length blog entries on here. Either read it, or don't, your choice.
edit on 7/28/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

LOL..."novel length blogs"! LOL!!

Okay...fair enough.

I'll try to keep them shorter.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Nyiah

LOL..."novel length blogs"! LOL!!

Okay...fair enough.

I'll try to keep them shorter.

You miss my point there, I made no demands on the length. Whether I opt to read your threads is my choice, the length of them is not.

The OP's post is plenty legible, the font is just different (at least it's not in Lucida Handwriting!) Word salad wall-o-text blocks lacking any punctuation at all is the offender worth saying something about, they can be difficult to read.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Pshh, that's ironic
I was attempting to make it easier to read
Default text is hard on my eyes
Bold makes it easier for our seasoned members to discern without squinting too hard
Unless Im missing something
edit on 28-7-2019 by ADAMandEVIL because: ETA: title fix

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I wouldn't worry about it.

It's not like you killed or injured somebody.

Carry on.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
op smells like rotten shoes.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Sorry long posts that say something that can be communicated in a single paragraph just aren't worth the time. Sorry you spent an hour on it. Sometimes being concise is better.

PS , when you BOLD the whole post, you kinda negate the intended use of bolding things.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Let's be clear. The majority of people you see on a daily basis, are perfectly normal folk, who don't care if you are liberal, conservative, gay, straight, religious, etc. Most people out there have friends of varying political and/or religious beliefs. Most people are not douche bags.

There is, however, a small segment of society empowered by the anonymity of the internet, who like to act tough and intolerant, but most of them keep to the safety blanket of the internet. Some are out there acting like idiots in the streets, crying out for attention, but the majority keep to the online world. You know them when you see them. They walk with their head down, avoiding eye contact, uncomfortable with anything more than necessary human interaction.

The sooner society, and the news begins simply ignoring these attention whores, most with minimal actual emotional investment in whatever they are spewing, the better. They continue only because it's covered, and even encouraged by some in power.

We are not nearly as divided as the news and the politicians want to make it out to be. We're the same as always. Most of us have friends that we rarely agree with politically. So? Friendships are not made on the shallow alter of politics alone, right?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

we need to just chill out

Your whole post could be condensed to that one snippet. Sometimes less is more.

I agree; we do need to "chill out".

top topics

join