It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've always voted for the least worse in elections, think I've found a personal solution...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm going to stand for election to what US friends would call city hall, and that way I absolutely know I'm voting for the right man πŸ‘
I hate it, every 4 years and I think they're all pricks so I'm going to vote for me. No campaign, no advertising, just stand as an independent, and tell my family/friends if they want to vote for a man they trust then a tick in my box on the paper is an option.
The crazy thing is some councillors get voted in by less people than my son has facebook friends ffs πŸ˜‚
It's free to register as a candidate but I'm not sure for positions in central gov't like MP or wider to be a Euro MP, think they charge a deposit for if you get X% votes less than some minimum amount.
I'll Google it, but if I can afford whatever it is, yep, for sure, that is my new plan.

I can't wait to vote for me, I absolutely love everything about the candidate, he's a ####ing legend!!! πŸ˜€
edit on 27-7-2019 by Silure because: Spelling autocorrect correction

Edit, It's Β£500 and then ten mates to nominate you to stand for election as MP

www.parliament.uk...
edit on 27-7-2019 by Silure because: See "edit"

Edit, Checked it out and some in my local 'city hall' got as low as 7% of the electorate voting for them. If all my mates convinced a couple of others in our wider social circles to vote for me I could accidentally fall into it, but I've been business, state, and military employment in my life so if that crazy thing happened I would embrace it and work for our people, our tribe β€οΈπŸ˜€
edit on 27-7-2019 by Silure because: See "edit"

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Silure

Go for it .

Crazy ideas aren’t crazy when they work .

If it was me I would talk about the subjects my mates bitch about .

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Haha yes πŸ‘
I do anyway, but my idea is more about me truly casting the absolute best vote I can, me! I'm sick of voting for the least worse option in my head πŸ˜‚

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
"Constantly choosing the lesser of 2 evils , is still choosing evil"
Jerry Garcia

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

My solution:

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I always vote for whoever is not in power. I just assume whoever is currently in office has not fulfilled on their campaign promises.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I understand what you're saying I don't think there are many that I would vote for although I have to say my local MP is actually pretty decent and not part of the Torry/Labour dogma.

You could however just spoil the ballot or not vote and save yourself some cash as it sounds like you're not really interested in winning.

Voter turnout for elections is embarrassing, local council elections are laughable I really don't think it would take much effort for you and your mates to gather up enough people to get you a win. That said you need to be careful you don't end up with a responsibility you don't actually want just because you thought it would be a bit of a "laugh" which is how your intentions come across.

Also UK elections are tightly controlled by the electoral commission so you would need to make sure your aware of their rules because if you break them you break the law, not that I think that would be a problem just something that you would at the very least want to be aware of.

If you do run, best of luck to you.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Lol cheers man πŸ‘
It's free to stand for local elections as an independent, and I wouldn't be fundraising or anything, just want to vote for myself when I see the other candidates as bags of #e πŸ˜‚

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
But what's your manifesto. What are going to do if voted in. It's not good enough for your constituents just to get voted in. TTHHHEEENNN, if you get voted in you'll find that you do not get paid, you have to do it for free. That's what the people already in will tell you "it's not worth it", "it's all trouble" etc. Yet the same ones get in time and again.
Now go on the net and you will find what your local councillor can get in "expenses". A couple of years ago I sought out what one of my local councillor can get.
He's on the:-
Local council Β£9000.
County council Β£12000
The county police committee Β£15000
The county fire committee Β£19000
Now tell me why the same ones want to get on all the while.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Its just shy of 10 grand a year in my council, plus a laptop, phone, use of offices, and free parking.
If I got elected I'd be a thorn in their sides quizzing every over the odds contract they make. I already go to council meetings to be honest, and have tabled a few embarrassing questions which made the local rag lol.

I would massively throw myself into it and focus big time on advocacy work for citizens in my ward, I'm living on less than 10 grand a year as it is, I'd work my arse off for my community for sure πŸ‘

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Vote for none of the above.

Whoever you vote for government wins.

I've been asked by lots of people to stand at local elections....but I fear I have enough skeletons in my closet to fill a cemetery.

Good luck.
Subvert!

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Haha cheers man πŸ‘
I've got loads of skeletons lol, I don't care, I'll own them, can't stand hypocrite politicians making out they are like snow white anyway, my core voters wouldn't give a toss either, normal working people. I've got a fantastic career history in public service to atone for my past misdeeds so bring it on local press I say, probably even help my campaign in an ironic way.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

write in ballot. wish i could vote but im a felon. wish i was an illegeal immigrant then i could vote
edit on 28-7-2019 by AnrkE because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2019 by AnrkE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AnrkE

Lmao but on a serious note, my criminal convictions do not bar me from office here, that seems well harsh if someone has turned their life around. Like no second chances 😱
edit on 28-7-2019 by Silure because: Damn that autocorrect lol

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I don't vote because I know it doesn't matter.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Stand for office and vote for yourself then, is it free to do that like it is here?
Its Β£500 to stand as a member of parliament though.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silure

Stand for office and vote for yourself then, is it free to do that like it is here?
Its Β£500 to stand as a member of parliament though.

It doesn't matter. Obviously. You do not keep poop off of you by swimming in it.
edit on 28-7-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

lol that's like my mantra, expect some #### to stick if you swim in the sewer! πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I wish you luck and sanity.

Here in the US the most infuriating politics are local politics. What I assume you are running for. City council type of thing.

At least you will know who all your neighborhood sociopaths are.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Can I ask, how old are you, will you be in office for a long time or is it pension age soon?

Have you worked in the real world? describe yourself to your potential electorate

After that good luck to you, but watch out for your own morales being eroded by westminster

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join