It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump considering labeling ANTIFA A major terrorist organization .

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I agree.

Won't it be ironic when we're ALL labeled as terrorists?

Ahh, but we won't all be labeled as terrorists or extremists.

Only those dedicated to (or support), bringing down the capitalist infrastructure and replacing it with a totalitarian one will be outed.

Pretty sure if you support free market, the traditional family unit, secure borders, freedom of choice, freedom of movement to and from and within your own borders, the ability to feed your family, value life in general (abortion), etc...

Then you don't think you have much to worry about..lol
edit on 28-7-2019 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad1964

I believe it was members of the Obama administration that wanted to label American veterans as domestic terrorists.

So it's been going on for quite some time.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I have to say after reading through the first couple of pages of this thread it is refreshing to see some Trump supporters calling this out so credit where credit is due.

I agree I don't think this is a good idea, I think even if you take away the right vs left poetics of it, it sets a dangerous precedent to use something like the list of designated terrorist groups in this way. I am not blind enough that am going to pretend that ANTIFA are saints however they're not a terrorist organisation either and whats really happening here is that Trump is trying to appease his base, at a time when he is already in a spot of bother domestically over his "Go back to where you came from" rant. Its going to lead to further polarisation and I think it would be a move that would be challenged if he ever actually done it.

Part of me wants to say he won't do it or try to to do it but this is trump and its the kind of thing that he would do so lets see how this plays out.

Trump is dividing people and thats not what a true leader supposed to do.

I know right? Three solid years of dems nobly trying to reach out across the isle and work with the man for the good of the country and he does nothing but attack accuse investigate investigate investigate and attack again!!!
GTFO

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: Fallingdown

Show me when antifa murdered someone. You guys are out of control, brainwashed. Im an antifashist too, like the majority of people on earth. I know german antifas and often their actions are stupid and when it comes to violence it makes me angry. But they fight neonazis and people helping them to grow. Thats a good thing. Look at the statistics. Right wing terror is as dangerous as islamic terror. Thats a fact. So why you are fighting a small group of mostly young people instead of fighting the real terrorists? Dont get it. In germany more than 200 people were killed by neonazis in the last 20 years, antifa killed no one but hurt people, yes, thats a fact too, they attack the police and right wing politicans and no one in germany is saying thats ok.

Germany - isn't that the country that instigated 2 world wars and birthed Hitler?

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: DBCowboy

Look, Leftists, democrats, what ever you want to call them are synonymous with Antifa.

Do you honestly believe that?

Yes.

I honestly believe that they are the enforcement arm for the democrat party.

That's a shame.

Have you seen democrats denounce their actions? That's the real shame.

They don't represent democrats, they represent anti-fascism.

Have you seen the majority of republicans denounce white supremacy and white domestic terrorism? That's the bigger shame.

Yes I have, I see it all the time. We've all denounced it. I've yet to see any democrat denounce the actions of antifa. And if you tell me again that they're an anti-fascism group then your credibility is shot. That's as retarded as me telling you that the Earth isn't a planet.

Antifa means, um...Anti-fascist.

Anyway, so you denounce white supremacy at every turn?

If ANTIFAA is anti-Fascist, why do they wave the hammer ad sickle around like it's their holy banner and sport T-Shirts bearing the likeness of actual fascists like Che Guevara, Stalin and Mao..?

You realize that the communist manifesto actually instructs them to take on a name that suggests they are the ones fighting for justice and to use opposite names (ie NAZI or fascist), to call your opponents in the attempt to turn a lesser educated and naïve public in their favor.

It's all in there.. Maybe you should read the communist manifesto some time (tho I suspect you already have)..lol

Albeit, the tactic will ultimately fail because the general western public aren't uneducated, simple early 19th century peasants..lol

That manifesto is waaay outdated..lol

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This is my first post on ATS. I have been reading this site for many years and I have to reply to this post.

I am a 55 year old that has had it with the Leftist scum in America!

The left needs to be careful because some PEOPLE are tired of the BS and ready to dish out some discipline on these sucm!

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

edit on 28-7-2019 by Righty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Nobody’s going to get arrested because of a label. The people that might get arrested are the ones promoting the group that commits violence.

Any individual that gets arrested will either be caught during the commission of a crime or after a investigation of a crime .

a reply to: oloufo

So we’re supposed to wait until someone dies ?

The left needs a sacrifice first ?

A 80-year-old man in Portland is a far right wing Terrorist that ANTIFA is justified to attack ?

Or how about the 14-year-old boy that got separated from his dad after Trump rally in San Jose. Then was chased down and assaulted is he a far right wing terrorist ?

If ANTIFA was actually fighting right wing terrorist I would be with you . The thing is they’re not, they attack anyone who’s speech they don’t agree with and label them right wing extremist .

As far as right wing versus left wing terror human life isn’t a numbers game to me. It is a numbers game to the left because they can use it to their political advantage like you just did . If you think the left hasn’t killed people you’re living in a fantasy world .

If you read the thread you would see that I listed several right wing extremist groups that are on the terror list. Do you want them taken off ?

ANTIFA is far too big and organized . It practices it’s violence from coast to coast and the US hasn’t seen a left-wing radical extremist group grow so big and so fast since the KKK.

Your solution seems to be let’s wait until someone die and everyone that goes to any rally is a far right wing extremist .

My solution that I alluded to in the OP. Is to find the people promoting this violence. Not wait until people start dying and it gets out of hand .

The terrorist designation is a tool to do that .

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

My greatest concern about the labels stems from what we see going on in China right now.

Sure, you won't get arrested if you just have that label, but could you open a bank account? Get a home loan?

Would that label follow you for future jobs?

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

With only a few of the 1960/70s groups labeled terrorist . Many of the members and leaders had far more notoriety then the current members of ANTIFA .

Jerry Rubin became a stockbroker and I can’t think of any of the 60’s radicals who weren’t in hiding whose life was affected . Your old enough to remember to do you know of anybody ?

As for the bank account The FBI isn’t going to finger every single member of ANTIFA. Just the big shots .

I agree with the hint dropped in the link I supplied at the OP. I think they’re going to use this to target their backers. Who are responsible for the violence and property damage .

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I still think its targeting because of ideology.

Hell, there are now banks that won't give accounts to gunsmiths or gun dealers.

I have made no attempt to ever soften my criticism of Antifa. I believe they are communist and part of the democrat party.

But they (even though they are communist fascist dirtbag assholes) have the same rights and freedoms as the rest of us.

As in the other thread similar to this topic, I will always default and side for more freedoms rather than less. Even the thought of restrictive freedoms.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Easy solution.
Cut federal funding to any city giving these noodle armed hoodlums a hall pass. Same goes with actual neo-nazie's and hate groups. These extremist's are gaining far to much attention/traction.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Funny how Antifa only acts like fools in gun restricted or gun free states. You won't see these fools acting like this around the south east without somebody kicking their ass

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Righty

This is the attitude that the establishment has fostered with their propaganda. History repeating itself.
edit on 7/28/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TomLawless
As much as I loathe ANTIFA, I'm not sure this is necessary. I don't like FEDERAL government crackdowns in general.

What they do and how they behave is already illegal. Most of the time it's the local police in their strongholds (I'm looking at you, Portland) turning a blind eye to their atrocities that are to blame for the escalations that take place.

I don't know. It's a tough situation, I guess. I'm just conflicted about the feds getting involved.

Does anyone else feel this way?

What does the classification actually change?
If it makes it easier to proactively root them out and get them off the streets, it can only be a good thing.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I agree with your observation on ideology part of theirs is “ by any means necessary .

And like I’ve said the KKK is on the list none of their rights have been violated.

If you look at the history of this designation nobody loses any rights . The Aryan nation can apply for a permit and protest without being denied for their principles . Cities have tried to deny on the grounds of violence but they get sued just like bakers they don’t want to bake a wedding cake .

I defend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights rigorously . But I believe it should be applied evenly.

In life no one should gets a pass .

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: TomLawless
As much as I loathe ANTIFA, I'm not sure this is necessary. I don't like FEDERAL government crackdowns in general.

What they do and how they behave is already illegal. Most of the time it's the local police in their strongholds (I'm looking at you, Portland) turning a blind eye to their atrocities that are to blame for the escalations that take place.

I don't know. It's a tough situation, I guess. I'm just conflicted about the feds getting involved.

Does anyone else feel this way?

What does the classification actually change?
If it makes it easier to proactively root them out and get them off the streets, it can only be a good thing.

The classification shows the nation (more specifically many partisans) are so thin skinned they're allowing to take due process from opponents.

Rather than charging those who commit crimes and eventually wearing out the movement, they'll spy on them and possibly convict them for things they haven't done yet.

While it might sound all fine and dandy since many don't like ANTIFA.... Who's next? My guess will be far right organizations as a response once the left gets office eventually... And then any citizen who speaks against the federal government who also owns guns.

This is sad because ANTIFA is primarily a localized problem. Yet we're going to let federal government rack up some extra power and precedence to address something that reflects less than 1% of anyone's "problem". Is anyone here actually scared of ANTIFA?
edit on 28-7-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I guess the key word here is considering. They consider every year to stop fk us in the a$$ and it just gets worse.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Here's another organization they need to designate a terrorist group... Planned Parenthood.
Or better yet, let's classify the Democratic party as a terrorist organization.
They been terrifying me for years.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Number of people killed by AntiFa this year? Zero.

Clearly a danger to us all.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join