It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump considering labeling ANTIFA A major terrorist organization .

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Personally, I think this is a "forcing function" at play here. The underlying purpose is not to actually pass the declaration, but to force the political leaders that are allowing this ANTIFA situation to fester to enforce the laws on the books. Let the police do their jobs while providing a "face saving" reason. See, if these political cowards have to allow the police to crack down, then they will need to explain to their handlers why they "caved". If it was to prevent them from all being labeled as terrorists, they need an out, a form of culpability to protect themselves.

Trump is a master businessman, and a master at manipulating a negotiation into his favor. All he wants is the result of having these losers arrested and crack down on their antics. But, the politicos in the way are so weak they need a "stay in office" card first.

This proposed bill and threats of a EO is that card.

That's my take on this, let's see how it plays out, shall we?

edit on 7/27/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Actually the Fascist,racist and neo Nazi labels are the face of the new McCarthyism .

Have you stopped to think what the Democrats base is going to force them to do if they gain power .

It will be a very bad period in American history .

edit on 27-7-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Actually the Fascist,racist and neo Nazi labels are the face of the new McCarthyism .

Have you stopped to think what the Democrats base is going to force them to do if they gain power .

It will be a very bad period in American history .

I think the new branded Mccarthyism finds whatever trend is hot to peddle their wares.

Personally I don't view citizens who subscribe to the left or right as fascists. I view those who exploit their convictions to fit an agenda nefarious.

I hope I'm wrong about the systematic nullification of rights... But I doubt it. History is trending my friend.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

I’m going to have a face to face confrontation with one within the week . He stole something from me that was Trump related and a act of vandalism . I don’t want to give any details but I’ll probably do a rant about it after it’s over .

My goal is to force him to sit down and talk about Trump for half an hour.

The alternative is going to jail .

edit on 27-7-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   

a reply to: drewlander

I’m going to have a face to face confrontation with one within the week . He stole something from me that was Trump related and a act of vandalism . I don’t want to give any details but I’ll probably do a rant about it after it’s over .

My goal is to force him to sit down and talk about Trump for half an hour.

The alternative is going to jail .

I, for one, am awaiting that thread. Please do write it regardless of the outcome.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I’ve had one other encounter.

This is the way it went ......

Pffffft

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Krakatoa

I’ve had one other encounter.

This is the way it went ......

Pffffft

I am quite aware of that incident. But, I am definitely interested in reading an account of an ATS member who has directly engaged with these ANTIFA dregs.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I view those who exploit their convictions to fit an agenda nefarious. 

I think you've just pointed out the reason for Trump and the 24/7 news cycle, to radicalize both sides into allowing the systematic nullification of our rights. We saw it with a blow to our privacy with the new census law and now possibly this. The government is as big as ever and is growing at a steady rate and has been for decades, we continue to allow it in spite of the "other" side.

Bread and circus to divide and conquer. Short-sightedness will be our downfall.
edit on 7/28/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I think you've just pointed out the reason for Trump and the 24/7 news cycle, to radicalize both sides into allowing the systematic nullification of our rights. We saw it with a blow to our privacy with the new census law. The government is as big as ever and is growing at a steady rate and has been for decades.

Bread and circus to divide and conquer. Short-sightedness will be our downfall.

It's working just as planned and the vast majority of people are fully sucked in to the charade. Interesting times indeed.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Ohhh, a label!

Then you can arrest them just for being labelled as a 'whatever'.

Remember when the US used to arrest people for being Communists? How'd that turn out?

You know, if people commit crimes, that is when they should get arrested.

Now it seems that the gangsta criminals are the new heroes and the right-wingers are once again putting badges on their victims, regardless of guilt or innocence.

By all means, jail the violent and criminal for their actual violence and criminality. Just don't think that having a label applied makes anyone an actual criminal.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Show me when antifa murdered someone. You guys are out of control, brainwashed. Im an antifashist too, like the majority of people on earth. I know german antifas and often their actions are stupid and when it comes to violence it makes me angry. But they fight neonazis and people helping them to grow. Thats a good thing. Look at the statistics. Right wing terror is as dangerous as islamic terror. Thats a fact. So why you are fighting a small group of mostly young people instead of fighting the real terrorists? Dont get it. In germany more than 200 people were killed by neonazis in the last 20 years, antifa killed no one but hurt people, yes, thats a fact too, they attack the police and right wing politicans and no one in germany is saying thats ok.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I have to say after reading through the first couple of pages of this thread it is refreshing to see some Trump supporters calling this out so credit where credit is due.

I agree I don't think this is a good idea, I think even if you take away the right vs left politics of it, it sets a dangerous precedent to use something like the list of designated terrorist groups in this way. I am not blind enough that am going to pretend that ANTIFA are saints however they're not a terrorist organisation either and whats really happening here is that Trump is trying to appease his base, at a time when he is already in a spot of bother domestically over his "Go back to where you came from" rant. Its going to lead to further polarisation and I think it would be a move that would be challenged if he ever actually done it.

Part of me wants to say he won't do it or try to to do it but this is trump and its the kind of thing that he would do so lets see how this plays out.
edit on 28-7-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I have to say after reading through the first couple of pages of this thread it is refreshing to see some Trump supporters calling this out so credit where credit is due.

I agree I don't think this is a good idea, I think even if you take away the right vs left poetics of it, it sets a dangerous precedent to use something like the list of designated terrorist groups in this way. I am not blind enough that am going to pretend that ANTIFA are saints however they're not a terrorist organisation either and whats really happening here is that Trump is trying to appease his base, at a time when he is already in a spot of bother domestically over his "Go back to where you came from" rant. Its going to lead to further polarisation and I think it would be a move that would be challenged if he ever actually done it.

Part of me wants to say he won't do it or try to to do it but this is trump and its the kind of thing that he would do so lets see how this plays out.

Together we stand
Divided we fall.

Its that easy. Trump is dividing people and thats not what a true leader supposed to do. And whats sad too, he really doesnt care about people, its all about him. I wonder why his base doesnt realize.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

Show me when antifa murdered someone. You guys are out of control, brainwashed. Im an antifashist too, like the majority of people on earth. I know german antifas and often their actions are stupid and when it comes to violence it makes me angry. But they fight neonazis and people helping them to grow. Thats a good thing. Look at the statistics. Right wing terror is as dangerous as islamic terror. Thats a fact. So why you are fighting a small group of mostly young people instead of fighting the real terrorists? Dont get it. In germany more than 200 people were killed by neonazis in the last 20 years, antifa killed no one but hurt people, yes, thats a fact too, they attack the police and right wing politicans and no one in germany is saying thats ok.

It's plainly obvious they can't grasp the reality around them, they want government to fix their perceived problems, problems that were manufactured by the very government they want to fix it.

It's a sad day when you see patriots screaming down other citizens all while screaming they want less government oversight while happily giving government more power to fix what they consider broken..

Well done Mr Bernays well done.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm starting to believe this quite a bit.

The more I see the status quo, the more I think this is all part of a plan.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
But you see, that in its

originally posted by: TomLawless
As much as I loathe ANTIFA, I'm not sure this is necessary. I don't like FEDERAL government crackdowns in general.

What they do and how they behave is already illegal. Most of the time it's the local police in their strongholds (I'm looking at you, Portland) turning a blind eye to their atrocities that are to blame for the escalations that take place.

I don't know. It's a tough situation, I guess. I'm just conflicted about the feds getting involved.

Does anyone else feel this way?

But you see, this in its self is the problem..

It isn't that the Police that aren't doing their jobs. It's the politicians controlling them. The police are powerless to respond when government officials, who support ANTIFA and their agenda, put a leash on the law enforcement agencies under their jurisdiction.

By labelling ANTIFA a terror organization, these people will have to distance themselves from the group (and others like it), or risk committing treason "For Reals", (although I'm pretty sure many of them have already committed treason for reals, but Trump needs something that will stick and not be refuted).

Same said for the Media and those funding the ATIFA operation..

Trump knows how unstable many of these progressive leftist elites are (anyone with an ounce of intelligence does) and he knows they won't stop even after the group is labeled a terror organization (they simply can't help themselves).

This is just a game of chess and Trump is about to "check" and if the left follow their normal path of action, he'll give them a "checkmate"..!!

Ultimately, this is his chance to empty the swamp completely..!!

ANTIFA needs to go..!!

This is an organization that tried to buy weapons from the cartels and stage an armed rebellion FFS (as half assed and incompetent as they were going about it)..!!

And those that support them also need to go..!!

This is the beginning of McCarthyism Pt II, and it's beautiful..!!
edit on 28-7-2019 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
The same side who ignored it last admin?

Both sides are bad at trying to bend the rules to go after opponents. It needs to stop all around.

Meh. The other side had a 4 billion dollar bounty on his head, on super black market, because he was half black.

Hahahhhahah

You're an idiot

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: DBCowboy

Look, Leftists, democrats, what ever you want to call them are synonymous with Antifa.

Do you honestly believe that?

Yes.

I honestly believe that they are the enforcement arm for the democrat party.

That's a shame.

Have you seen democrats denounce their actions? That's the real shame.

They don't represent democrats, they represent anti-fascism.

Have you seen the majority of republicans denounce white supremacy and white domestic terrorism? That's the bigger shame.

Yes I have, I see it all the time. We've all denounced it. I've yet to see any democrat denounce the actions of antifa. And if you tell me again that they're an anti-fascism group then your credibility is shot. That's as retarded as me telling you that the Earth isn't a planet.

Antifa means, um...Anti-fascist.

Anyway, so you denounce white supremacy at every turn?

Uh-huh, and FedEx stands for Federal Express, and yet they aren't a Federal entity.

Don't be dense. Look at their actions.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I agree I don't think this is a good idea, I think even if you take away the right vs left politics of it, it sets a dangerous precedent to use something like the list of designated terrorist groups in this way. I am not blind enough that am going to pretend that ANTIFA are saints however they're not a terrorist organisation either and whats really happening here is that Trump is trying to appease his base, at a time when he is already in a spot of bother domestically over his "Go back to where you came from" rant. Its going to lead to further polarisation and I think it would be a move that would be challenged if he ever actually done it.

Sometimes, when a headline says "Trump Considering...", there tends to be more going on behind the scenes as it turns out. I think these things are like shots across the bow, to get people moving to avoid the thing being considered.

Just my observation.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

a reply to: TomLawless

I can see your point. But if someone doesn’t crack down things are going to get out of hand .

Anger has overwhelmed the senses of many on the left and right.

I think we’re approaching a tipping point in the violence .

The way things are going I think it’s only a matter of time until guns start showing up at these protest .

Definitely. ANTIFA is setting the stage for Bolshevik Revolution in the US.

Stunning that ANTIFA has been allowed, nay ENCOURAGED to commit violence. This `BLACK BLOCK' technique where an ANTIFA goon runs out, slams someone over the head, then dives back behind the line of masked ANTIFA - the height of vicious cowardice.

Clearly these `Red Diaper Baby' Marxists are now deeply infiltrated into US society - police, legislative, judicial, mass media, Hollywood, educational, local/state govts.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join