It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump considering labeling ANTIFA A major terrorist organization .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I don’t even want anything for Christmas if we get this . Ending their wave of political violence is long overdue . Senators Bill Casey and Ted Cruz have introduced a non-binding agreement to label ANTIFA I domestic terrorist group .

But with this designation it gives investigators more room to look into examine suspects' known associations and affiliations.

From what I’ve seen . If after the designation is applied people or organizations who are found to be funding them . ( George Soros and others )

Can be prosecuted under

18 U.S. Code § 2339B. Providing material support or resources to designated foreign terrorist organizations

It does not take an act of Congress to make this designation. The it can be done at the executive level . The state department did it with ISIS.

Sounds like a good move the proverbial cut the snake off at the head . If ANTIFA loses their funding hopefully they’ll just dry up and weather away .

Here’s the tweet from POTUS.

"Consideration is being given to declaring ANTIFA, the gutless Radical Left Wack Jobs who go around hitting (only non-fighters) people over the heads with baseball bats, a major Organization of Terror (along with MS-13 & others)," Trump tweeted Saturday. "Would make it easier for police to do their job!"

About time

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
As much as I loathe ANTIFA, I'm not sure this is necessary. I don't like FEDERAL government crackdowns in general.

What they do and how they behave is already illegal. Most of the time it's the local police in their strongholds (I'm looking at you, Portland) turning a blind eye to their atrocities that are to blame for the escalations that take place.

I don't know. It's a tough situation, I guess. I'm just conflicted about the feds getting involved.

Does anyone else feel this way?

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless

I can see your point. But if someone doesn’t crack down things are going to get out of hand .

Anger has overwhelmed the senses of many on the left and right.

I think we’re approaching a tipping point in the violence .

The way things are going I think it’s only a matter of time until guns start showing up at these protest .

link   

I feel the same.

Look, Leftists, democrats, what ever you want to call them are synonymous with Antifa.

Are we going to label a third of the US population as terrorists?

+9 more 
link   
aNtifa is a soy-group made up of wimps and pussies who are terrified of confrontation.
They ONLY attack weak soft targets like elderly and little kids or single people that they can outnumber by forty to one
Every single individual member is a full blown cuckold with zero ability to function in society without mommy and daddy helping them out on a daily basis

Terrorists? Maybe so

Fascists? 100% without a doubt by ANYONES definition, aNtifa is a fascist organisation.

“Think how WE think, or we’ll attack you” (unless you are an adult, then we won’t dare come anywhere near you because we’re pussies)

I imagine that when the President declares them a terrorist organisation we’ll see a quick, reactionary squirt of soy. And then they’ll gutlessly seek safe space and live off welfare and daddy’s pay check for the rest of their days.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Look, Leftists, democrats, what ever you want to call them are synonymous with Antifa.

Do you honestly believe that?

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I don't know if this is the answer, but I'm not opposed to it, either. Something needs to be done about it, because they're getting completely out of control and every time they get away with it, it just emboldens them to push further the next time. Sooner or later, its going to result in disaster. I do think the DOJ needs to step in and find a way to squash this before its too late.

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Yes.

I honestly believe that they are the enforcement arm for the democrat party.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yes.

That's a shame.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I feel the same.

I don't mind. They all use intimidation and violence against civilians for political aims. Democrats have been this way since the mid 19th century.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It make sense to me :

Whoever knowingly provides material support or resources to a foreign terrorist organization, or attempts or conspires to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both, and, if the death of any person results, shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life.

Nothing wrong with that.

Nothing in this section shall be construed or applied so as to abridge the exercise of rights guaranteed under the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

edit on 27-7-2019 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

They'll call the police racist violent bullies after the first arrest.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hey - as long as white nationalist groups, who kill more US citizens and residents, then any other identity, are put on this list as well.

Non-binding.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I feel the same.

I don't mind. They all use intimidation and violence against civilians for political aims. Democrats have been this way since the mid 19th century.

But not the right wing extremists the federal government has indicated is responsible for a majority of domestic terrorism?

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Yes.

That's a shame.

Have you seen democrats denounce their actions? That's the real shame.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
Hey - as long as white nationalist groups, who kill more US citizens and residents, then any other identity, are put on this list as well.

Where did you get that?

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Domestic Terrorist group or Hate Group.
They have proclaimed their stance on the US .
Committed violent acts against Federal Government officials and property as a group.
Committed violent acts against police officers as a group .
Committed acts of violence against civilians as a group .

No one can deny it
Terrorist group
Only , dont just label em , take em in.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
If this happens it's only a matter of time before someone goes tit for tat.

Anyone deemed extremist will be on a list.

Cheer it on folks. Soon it will be considered extremist to speak out against the government.

Every law already exists to punish those that are doing criminal acts. But sure, let's give the federal government more power.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I feel the same.

But not the right wing extremists the federal government has indicated is responsible for a majority of domestic terrorism?

I urge you, and the nerd who posted above you, to look into those "right wing extremists" you mention... You've got 11 minutes but with so many right wing extremist acts of violence, you shouldn't need 30 seconds so I'll wait.

Hopefully you don't give me the same list the last guy did. It named any violent act against a minority as a right wing extremist act of violence, even a guy with the name something like Eduardo Jorge Hernandez. He was a white nationalist like all the others who aren't white.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Yes.

That's a shame.

Have you seen democrats denounce their actions? That's the real shame.

They don't represent democrats, they represent anti-fascism.

Have you seen the majority of republicans denounce white supremacy and white domestic terrorism? That's the bigger shame.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join