It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One humble Brit's thoughts on Trump...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Man I missed that, yep, pure comedy gold! ๐Ÿ‘
Corbyn is my worst nightmare, and big-time because the weasel advocated giving Argentina the Falklands while condemning our task force to take it back, back in '82. I wouldn't vote for him with a gun to my head, ever.
Edit, one of my older brothers fought out there for the British army, he hates the guy.
edit on 27-7-2019 by Silure because: See "edit"

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Silure

Every liberal Democrat I know prefers Trump over Pence. At least Trump is a social liberal from New Jersey. Pence is an evangelical psychopath.

Is that in diametrically opposed to un-evangelical person with severe PDS (Pence Derangement Syndrome) ?
Trump ONCE WAS a social liberal . Then , most likely , took logic , reason , and moral character to the knee...
Does it every time .
Did it to me once upon a time..

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Schools should be politically impartial learning environments for 9yr olds ffs!
Crazy story mate ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silure
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Schools should be politically impartial learning environments for 9yr olds ffs!
Crazy story mate ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

That is exactly what I was thinking at the time. It is as if I have to do damage control from the extreme liberal " world is coming to an end" teachers. Why does my family pay a huge amount in taxes, just to send my child to be brainwashed? I agree there should be no politics in public education.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   

if bj turns out even a bit like trump maybe britain will start to be great britain again

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

voted labour all my voting life when i lived there still voting labour but corbin is a f-- nightmare

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Sarcastic lols at the end of a statement tells everyone everything they need to know about you.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Steveogold

Yes hope so ๐Ÿ‘
Could end up just England, Wales, and northern Ireland though if the Scots vote to leave the UK for the EU ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: slowisfast

Genuine lol from me! ๐Ÿ˜‚
I thought the member was just taking the piss for a laugh, no idea about his/her views on Trump.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I wrote a thread not long ago about populist posts and I think the OP is an excellent example of what I was talking about. I don't think there is anything wrong with voicing an opinion that you "like" Trump but it is interesting to note how different responses from several members becomes depending on the political slant. If I post a thread on Trump I get asked multiple times "Why is a Brit talking about this?" or I get blasted as a "Libtard" with "TDS" but if you change the political optics of the message from being critical to being supportive notice how the language, behaviour and attitude changes.

I saw another member call this "Brown-nosing" and while I might not use that phase personally I agree with the sentiment.

OP, you have an opinion and it happens to be one that will win you many friends on ATS but I would encourage you to support your opinion with facts where you can. I am not going to be so arrogant as to call your opinion "wrong" rather I would say that to quite a few of us it does look like you're just trying to appease our trump supporting American friends.

Your views about Trump are very much in the minority in the UK where he is Not Popular.

According to YouGov's polling, 11 percent of Britons believe Trump is a great or good president. But 67 percent, a vast majority, believe he is a poor or terrible president.

That said though I think its only right to point out that I do agree with you that it seems wrong that a state visit by one of our closest allies is protested yet when other world leaders with awful human rights records visit it doesn't even make page 7 of the daily papers.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What do you mean facts? Are you saying that the US economy has not flourished under Trump?
Do you deny he posted the tweets I paraphrased and agreed with?
I don't care what any polls say, I make my own mind up about everything, and just because you disagree and hate Trump doesn't make me a brown nose.
I saw your thread and to be honest it is you who seems obsessed by stars, I couldn't give a toss, I'd rather have Trump running the UK than Corbyn or your wee lass from the SNP.
Hate him as much as you like, most of your posts you seem to hate the English as well so I can't say I'm that surprised.
๐Ÿ™„
Edit, Hillary would have dragged us into Syria as well you can bet your last shilling, would you have supported that?
edit on 28-7-2019 by Silure because: See "edit"

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   

What do you mean facts? Are you saying that the US economy has not flourished under Trump?

I think a debate about the state of the American economy is a complex one but I personally believe that there are a number of factors that are boosting the US economy and while Trump is one of those factors the success of the economy is not just because of his presidency. Its interesting to note that the last growth figures where actually below forecast and in line with growth under other administrations.

Do you deny he posted the tweets I paraphrased and agreed with?

I am not denying that you agree with this tweets.

I don't care what any polls say, I make my own mind up about everything, and just because you disagree and hate Trump doesn't make me a brown nose.

Yeah thats fine, I was only showing you the poll to demonstrate that your views are very much in line with the minority. Also I would say that you might not say that you're just "brown-nosing", which is fine but that doesn't change my opinion and that of others which is that is exactly what you're doing with this thread.

Hate him as much as you like, most of your posts you seem to hate the English as well so I can't say I'm that surprised.

I don't hate the English....don't quite know how you got that but okay.

Edit, Hillary would have dragged us into Syria as well you can bet your last shilling, would you have supported that?

I was no fan of Hillary either, but I don't know she would have dragged us into a war because we can't say what might have happened in an alternative reality, she might have, I wouldn't have supported it if she did.
edit on 28-7-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Lmao! So I can't say I like Trump without being a brown nose? You disagree, that's cool, but he massively supports his country and is fighting China and anyone else who is stealing jobs from US workers through tariffs etc.
I couldn't care less if the 'populist' view in Britain is Orange Man Bad, as I said, I'd take him over Corbyn or Sturgeon any day...even if it makes me unpopular ๐Ÿ˜‚

Edit, we agree about Hillary at least ๐Ÿ‘

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Lmao! So I can't say I like Trump without being a brown nose?

Like I said in my first post I don't know if I would use the phase "brown-nose" rather I would say that what you have done is write a populist post. You have written a post to appeal to the popular trend on ATS of saying nice things about Trump, that is how I view what you have written and how you have presented your opinion. It's more about hitting the right political buttons to gain favour and agreement with those who follow this populist trend.

Now to be very clear, thats not to say that you can't say you like Trump without being a "brown nose", its more about the context in which you're voicing your view. Its also the language that you're using to express your view for example "Orange Man Bad" is very much a populist witticism on ATS, in the same what that "TDS" is used by individuals who also follow this tread; that tread being if you say nice things about Trump your "one of us" if your critical of Trump your a "Libtard with TDS".
edit on 28-7-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Again Lmao ๐Ÿ˜‚
Populist view on this forum yet the populist view you say in the UK is Orange Man Bad! Does that n0t make us both populists?
I'm not gonna lie and say I hate Trump because I don't. Does he seem like a bit of a prick sometimes? Yes of course, but he damn well has passion for his country and people so he gets my metaphorical vote ๐Ÿ‘
I'm a grown man for goodness sake, why would I care about anonymous people on a forum disagreeing with me? I don't care that you do lol, no dopamine hit for me mate, I'm actually enjoying your alternative opinion in this thread.

Edit, and Trump was right about women who LET you grab them by the pussy when you obviously have cash. I've enjoyed good times like that walking around nightclubs with a bottle of champagne in my hand, gold diggers everywhere, different girl every night. I don't know any blokes who disagree when we talk in private, it's just not popular, like admitting you voted Leave lol, the populist official view is to shout remain from the rooftops, but explain the Brexit party result in the Euro elections...if that had been a general election first past the post they would have been the majority party in Parliament.

edit on 28-7-2019 by Silure because: Spelling autocorrect correction

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

No you're pretty much on the money..

Those trump haters are just butthurt liberals who are pissed that he has set back their communist utopia full of free stuff (until the money runs out and everyone has to eat their pets), a few decades...

That's basically it in a nutshell. Down with capitalism and in with communism and if you don't like it (should they ever get their way), "off to the Gulag with you", or a hole in the ground..

Trump has pretty much saved the western world from a terrible fate..!!

The Russians know all about that sort of thing by personal experience and that's why (if they did interfere, though I don't personally believe they did), they may have had a hand in it.

Lets just hope that during his second term, he can finish completely draining the swamp in time for Candace Owens to get the US back on track and by doing so, the rest of the western world out of the new dark age it has started to slip into.
edit on 28-7-2019 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
O god .. another trump is awesome thread...

Incapable of analyzing trump without a bias perspective. The guy has increased drone strikes on civilians by 300%.

Im not saying he's hitler or anything, but damn; could ATS just jump off this infallible cult-of-personality trump train?

It's starting to become idiocracy when the president trashes other congresswomen on twitter and crowds of lemmings cheer as if he's accomplished something great.

Enjoy your idiocracy. (Btw i don't hate trump and he has done some good things. I just hate this cult of personality worship that his followers project.)

edit on 28-7-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad1964

How can he finish draining the swamp when he hires additional swamp members? Seems he loses track of swamp characteristics in favor of loyality.

Didn't he defend the guy who gave Epstein 1 year in super cushy jail for molesting multiple kids?

You trump lemmings look at the world as black and white. Thise who dislike trump must all be liberal PC idiots. And trump can't do no wrong.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Bias perspective? What a joke...the Left engages in bias perspective all the time and now they get off censoring Conservative comments and talking points. Can't let people read the other side's viewpoints to make up their own minds what's truthful and what's not, right?

You know what facilitates the so-called "cult of personality worship?" It's the non stop hateful rhetoric and lies uttered on MSM and by Democrats, who continue to have a temper tantrum over everything Trumps does, or does not do.

Keep in mind too, that other people, besides those on the "Trump train," are now starting to realize that the Democrats, including former president Obama and the Clinton Syndicate, had a vendetta against Trump even before he got elected. They fabricated the Russian Collusion crap to bring him down.

Everyday, Democrat politicians call Trump, including his followers, bigots, Nazis, racists, white supremacists, homophobes, xenophobes, etc....and you have the gall to bitch about Trump trashing "other congresswomen." Yepper, those are truly honest women with a lot of class and integrity....NOT!

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

It's sound logic like yours that illustrates the bigger problem with America today. We now have so many people who are so unbelievably sensitive over the slightest micro aggression that basic logic (such as yours) clouds their judgement and renders them entirely incapable of making an unemotional decision such as supporting their president in the basic things you've mentioned.

Instead they get wrapped around the axle of mainstream media lies and misdirection so that sane people like you are drowned out within the context of simple reasoning.

I love my country with all of my heart but the general population has turned into a bunch of snot nosed whiny ass p ussies who allow themselves to be led around by their emotions versus using their brains.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join