It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One humble Brit's thoughts on Trump...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+93 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I follow him on Twitter and think he is brilliant:
France wanna tax US tech giants? Cool, we'll stick a tariff on your wine.
Apple wanna buy parts from China? Cool, you pay the tariff, or source from the US.
Theresa May wanna beg the EU for a deal? Stupid idea, should have played hard ball.
Antifa and MS -13 wanna hit folk with baseball bats? Cool, I'll make you a terrorist group and send you to jail.
Britain wanna keep your ships safe in the gulf? Cool, do it yourself, you got a navy.

I could go on, and yeh he sails close to the wind with comments like go back to your genetic route nations if you hate the US, but as a leader he seems to get things done. All the doom I read before he was elected seems daft now from what I read, your economy has grown way faster than the UK's has, and he's even kept your troops out of combat so far.
Maybe not for altruistic reasons, but because wars are a waste of money if they can be avoided.

I'm sure there will be plenty opinions different to mine, but as an outsider looking in, he is a breath of fresh air. Sure, I know post Brexit he'll screw us with the trade deal we will chase, but that's exactly what I would do if I was him. People here moan about GM food and additives which we will be forced to allow import on, but so what? All food will have Produce 0f the USA stamped on it somewhere so consumers will have the choice. If US food is cheaper than stuff from the EU, cool, I smoke and drink anyway so an occasional chlorinated chicken every now and then is hardly gonna kill me πŸ˜‚

Oh, and for the record, I cringed when people protested his state visit, he's the leader of the most powerful nation in the world ffs, I protest wars and similar, but no way was I wasting my cash on a train to London for that! Heck, the queen had tea and biscuits with the despot Chinese leader not so long ago, if he deserves it then Trump damn well does as well.

Anyway, just my thoughts, flame away, but Hillary would have dragged you and us into Syria for sure, so if only that reason alone, I'm glad Trump won the day πŸ‘

+32 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Silure

Yeah, the left are only bickering because they bragged about how bad they were gonna beat the right, for a year and a half, only to lose to a guy who wasn't afraid to stand up to them and insult them at the same time. It was like throwing your drink in the face of a rich old lady who looks down on you because you're not rich.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I'm sure there will be plenty opinions different to mine,

I doubt it.

If nothing else he is good entertainment.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

For sure! πŸ‘
If he drank alcohol I would definitely have a pint or two and get smashed with him, I bet he would be a proper laugh, construction site humour all round.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

...It was like throwing your drink in the face of a rich old lady who looks down on you because you're not rich.
That actually did make me laugh out loud! πŸ˜‚

+27 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Thank you. It is refreshing to hear someone not rant about how awful Trump is.

As a US Citizen (American is now a politically incorrect word according to the Univ. of Colorado),
I appreciate all the good Trump has done and how he has stood up to the rest of the world and said, you can't treat us like sh** and get away with it. We won't grovel and apologize just for being anymore. You treat us badly and we'll reciprocate. You treat us fair and we'll treat you fair. You treat us well and we'll treat you well. Astounding that he is the first US politician in decades to actually stand up for the country.

Trump may be rough around the edges and speak like someone from the generation he is actually from. No he's not a wimp scared into political correctness, which sends many US citizens into an apoplectic fit. He is real, he says what he means, and he means what he says. Refreshing in a politician.

My husband and I plan to vote for him again, I don't care Trump isn't politically correct. I don't care that he behaves like someone from his generation and accidentally is politically incorrect. We want a President who loves the country and doesn't put down the country. We want a President who doesn't think half the citizens are basically ists/and isms, but decent people, most of whom just want to be friendly to their neighbors and live a peaceful life, without walking on eggshells worried about being called an ist/or ism for an unintended "insult".

There is no one currently on the Dem platform that comes close to championing the country, as a President should. Finding the majority of citizens to be decent people, not putting down half the people in the country as an ist or ism. Standing up for fair and equal treatment of the US in the world and stop allowing ourselves to be psychologically beat up and taken advantage of economically by the rest of the world.

edit on 7/27/19 by The2Billies because: clarified he as Trump

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies
If I was an American, oops sorry, a US citizen lol, I wouldn't want creepy Joe as POTUS, seen the vids of him online with kids at presentations?! 😱

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

What a complete brown-nose of a thread... lol.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Lmao πŸ˜‚
Seriously, the way everyone whines about him, he's better than any weasel worded boring UK politicians that's for sure, and with BJ running the shop here, these current times will be interesting to say the least!

+39 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Awww, did someone trigger your TDS again.

Poor thing.

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Silure obviously stated his well-thought out opinion. Brown-nosing would suggest that Trump had some control over him.

Unless you mean brown-nosing for stars like yourself which you indeed are without justifying your opinion.

edit on 27-7-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Lol stars, I ain't after validation, just my thought out opinion as you said πŸ‘
Trump really stands up for his country against the rest of the world, calls a spade a spade (not an earth moving enabler), and doesn't give a toss what people think.
He seems to like BJ the PM here so fingers crossed that will be a benefit for us as well. Total in yer face businessman, how a leader should be.

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

this is exactly why President Trump will win in 2020

"discretion is the better part of valor"

there was no need to comment, yet, they just cannot let it pass.

it's the same as 2016, and for the same reasons.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
You got a good head on those shoulders.

As you can see for yourself, fellow supporters relate while haters hate.

Actions speak louder than words and I think Trump will cut you guys a good deal.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You have no idea how much respect you just earned in ATS.

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

The democrats were all saying that Trump would run the country like a businessman and that you can't run the country like a businessman because it would never work. Trump won and began running the country like a businessman and it's in the best shape this century and getting better. That's another reason they hate him so much, he always proves them wrong.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Obama said we were at the back of the line for any trade deals so Trump gets my metaphorical vote for sure.
We speak the same language as well so if the doors become open easier for US folk to work here then all the better.
I've got a mate from Alabama he just recently got permanent leave to remain here after years of trying, only works in a factory, but at least he can join in with the banter, ever tried working in a place full of eastern European guys? It can be a very lonely shift if they don't speak English.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I remember reading the complaints about being a businessman = Orange man bad lol!
We need more of them in the UK for sure, some of our career politicians couldn't run a bath let alone a business πŸ˜‚

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Shortly after President Trump was elected My husband came home from work and said people at work were talking about why he was elected. I told him the congress has been such a joke for so long that people elected the insider who is really an outsider- Trump-. Basically saying hey congress here you go, deal with this.

So far it has turned out better than I expected.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

You certainly don't have the predictions of pestilence, blood skies, plagues of locusts, and famine! πŸ˜‚
On a side note, this is one of my favourite TrumpTweets:

Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for β€œpeanuts,” only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO!
He was bang on the money too, that embassy was one of the finest bits of real estate in central London, I know, (I protested outside it against Gulf war 1, didn't think UK should have got involved) and compared to the crappy area/warehouse style design the new embassy is, if I was Trump I would have sacked that visit off for sure!

Edit, nvm πŸ˜‚
edit on 27-7-2019 by Silure because: See "edit"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join