It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Go On Recess Further Delaying Funding Issues Concerning Crisis At Our Border

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I’ve yet to see you hold the dEms accountable for anything. Even though it is 100% them who need to be ‘held accountable’

That's because the government is accountable not just one half of it, the swamp monsters rely on people like you playing into their shenanigans.

Trump is not the government either he is only a piece on the chess board.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Actually, the Trump Administration is EVEN MORE EFFICIENT with getting things done, when Congress is on vacation.

Congressmen call Executive Branch departments hundreds of times PER DAY, for one reason or another.

If most of them are attending daily feasts at home, on private cruises, or having fun on "Lolita" islands... the White House, DOJ, DHS, HHS, State Dept, FBI, etc.. get a lot more accomplished!

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I’ve yet to see you hold the dEms accountable for anything. Even though it is 100% them who need to be ‘held accountable’

That's because the government is accountable not just one half of it, the swamp monsters rely on people like you playing into their shenanigans.

Trump is not the government either he is only a piece on the chess board.

And yet, it’s only ‘one half’ taking a six week break. Which is suddenly ‘both sides’ fault.

‘Playing into shenanigans’ indeed

For years it’s been ok to hold Republicans only to account. Trump to account (even though he’s only a chess piece) but suddenly now the tune has changed to “its both sides”???
Yet only ONE ‘side’ is allowed to be held to account while the other can NEVER be so much as spoken of by name when the shoe fits???
edit on 28 7 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I can't help it if you see things in binary, only you can change that

You are what I consider a political hooligan, you cheer on your team hoping for a win, that works in sports but not politics and I'm still scratching my head as to how so many of your countrymen like yourself have failed to see this.
edit on 28-7-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Actually, the Trump Administration is EVEN MORE EFFICIENT with getting things done, when Congress is on vacation.

Congressmen call Executive Branch departments hundreds of times PER DAY, for one reason or another.

If most of them are attending daily feasts at home, on private cruises, or having fun on "Lolita" islands... the White House, DOJ, DHS, HHS, State Dept, FBI, etc.. get a lot more accomplished!

Trump might be able to use the "Recess" to make some Judicial "Recess" Appointments !!!

Democrat Ball-buster time 🤣

Pelosi whine-tasting 🤣

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   

You are what I consider a political hooligan, you cheer on your team hoping for a win, that works in sports but not politics and I'm still scratching my head as to how so many of your countrymen like yourself have failed to see this.

Fail 😎

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Coming from you that's a compliment.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The good part about opposing the dEmocrats is, you don’t have to HOPE for a win. The winning is a given.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   

The good part about opposing the dEmocrats is, you don’t have to HOPE for a win. The winning is a given.

That reminds me of the team my son plays college football with. Over the past 17 years, they've always won their opening season game. It's always against the same team/college that finishes every season with fewer than 5 wins out of 15 games.
edit on 7/28/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

you should see our lot on parliament tv discustind

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

you should see our lot on parliament tv discustind

Do they sound like a bunch of prepubescent teens getting all upidity, if so they sound like our politicians, birds of feather and all that.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

You couldn't be more wrong. Although I do root for my favorite sports teams, at the end of the day, wheather they win, or lose doesn't directly affect my life, or my country's future.

On the other hand, there are many clear differences between the basic beliefs of the the two parties. The difference when one has the preponderance of power, as opposed to the other does directly affect my life, and my country's future.

Fortunately, the vast majority of voters fall between centerleft/independent/centerright igeology. That, generally, prohibits a radical faction from taking control.
edit on 7282019 by Mach2 because: Sp

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

oh, I spent time living in texas, sometimes you'll catch me using that southern expression... you all...

I think you're over-exaggerating there. It's just the same old political cat-and mouse game that has been happening for 234 years and counting. I prefer to leave the doom and gloom to actual issues.

BTW, no one ever entered an internment camp willingly. Last I heard, every single resident there chose to come to the US illegally. Let's call them what they are: temporary detention centers.

probably am exaggerating a tad there, but, no, this is not the same old political cat and mouse game that has gone on before. the dems and the republicans may have disagreed on alot of things but they never branded the other as "enemies" till recently, as far as I can remember. they could and did work together especially when it came to national security.

The voting problem could be mostly solved with one simple thing: voter ID. The infrastructure is already in place, and several states (including mine) have it. Another helpful solution would be to require paper ballots to have a paper trail in place. But that's not what the DNC has proposed... they have sent bills like the idiotically foolish "New Green Deal," or attempts to repeal the tax cuts that spurred the economy, or trash like that.

it's amazing how you just skipped past the words "russia mess" in my statement about election security and went straight to voter id. well, my state and the federal gov't, like yours is getting it set up.

www.dmv.virginia.gov...

I think there is some confusion, since I was reading about this somewhere before and came to the conclusion that I wouldn't be able to vote without it, but that isn't what this is saying. I just won't be able to hop onto a plane and fly home I guess?? not that I've made it a habit of going home, haven't been home since we moved here, but well, might want to in the future and I can't drive there.
and, I am wondering if I am gonna be able to get into the social security building if I need to.
But, at least to me, these would be more of a reason to spend the extra money and going through the hassle of sitting in a dmv office, going back multiple times because they keep changing the requirements that are needed, ect. than having the priviledge of being able to vote for frick or frat in the next election if frick and frat are of the same quality as they were in the last election.

but, I was talking about our systems' vulnerablitlies that the investigation into the russia mess revealed are clearly there. and you are wrong that the house hasn't passed anything addressing them.. they have, and good ole mitch and friends keep blocking them..

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) had tried to get consent Thursday to pass a House bill that requires the use of paper ballots and includes funding for the Election Assistance Commission. It passed the House 225-184 with one Republican voting for it.

But McConnell objected, saying Schumer was trying to pass “partisan legislation.”

and then there was this one...

Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) also asked for consent to pass legislation that would require candidates, campaign officials and their family members to notify the FBI of assistance offers from foreign governments.

McConnell also objected to that bill.

quotes taken from:

thehill.com...

this was right after mueller and a senate subcommittee said the danger was real and needed to be addressed.

I am actually trying, since we agreed on this issue of the vacation not being a big issue, to have a reasonable, civilized conversation with you. That is going to be quite difficult if you cannot drop the identity politics.

I'm on a thread that is filled with scapegoating, demonzing, lol...let's round up the dems and shot them.. on ATS which has become a major sounding board of the crap!!
not to mention lie upon lie about the dems... like this thread's op.

or do you deny that congress just provided billions to the border crisis last month?
do you deny that all those little republicans went home for their nice vacation also?
and here's a question for ya....
which do you think is better, them spending some time at home hearing from those that they represent or staying in washington giving their ears to the lobbyists and taking their danged bribes?

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

oh, I spent time living in texas, sometimes you'll catch me using that southern expression... you all...

That's got to be some accent you got there... a New Yorker with a Texas drawl!

(A Texas drawl is different from a Southern drawl. Similar, but there are some differences.)

probably am exaggerating a tad there, but, no, this is not the same old political cat and mouse game that has gone on before. the dems and the republicans may have disagreed on alot of things but they never branded the other as "enemies" till recently, as far as I can remember. they could and did work together especially when it came to national security.

I see a lot of what you're talking about coming from the Democratic side, but not so much from the Republican side. That's not a partisan statement, as much as one might wish it to be... it's a statement of fact at this time. The DNC seems to be intent on demonizing the GOP even at the expense of national security, while the GOP seems to be playing the same game as before: demonizing the DNC when there are votes to be had. I see nothing about the DNC refusing to delay a vacation at this time that affects national security... I see much about trying to prevent border enforcement and fighting against voter ID and trying to overturn an election that does.

Let the GOP try to pull some of the same crap the DNC is now trying to pull and I'll come down on them just as hard. As a matter of fact, I already have: When Richard Shelby made references to the possibility of not seating Roy Moore should he be elected, Shelby lost my respect... to the point there is a very good chance I will campaign against him in 2022. The people decide who wins the elections, not the idiots that work for them.

it's amazing how you just skipped past the words "russia mess" in my statement about election security and went straight to voter id. well, my state and the federal gov't, like yours is getting it set up.

Glad to hear it! But no, I didn't gloss over the "Russia mess"... I just went straight to the heart of the matter.

There are only three ways Russia (or any country for that matter) can affect our elections: direct involvement with candidates (which the Mueller report cleared the Trump campaign of, and which there seems to be a lot of evidence they actually did with the Clinton campaign); having operatives cast votes; and hacking into voting machines (probably the biggest weakness IMO). The first method is under very close observation now thanks to the Mueller report, but the latter two are not being addressed as much as the national level.

While it's true that voter ID alone will not stop all illegal voting, it will make it much more difficult to accomplish. Hacking of electronic voting problems would take up an entire thread by itself.

but, I was talking about our systems' vulnerablitlies that the investigation into the russia mess revealed are clearly there. and you are wrong that the house hasn't passed anything addressing them.. they have, and good ole mitch and friends keep blocking them..

Other than direct involvement with candidates, I really didn't see anything in the Mueller report that "exposed" anything new. That has always been a danger, which is why there are so many regulations on dealing with foreign governments already.

I have to give you kudos for the two examples. I had not heard of either bill, but I will check them out. The paper ballot initiative sounds on the surface like McConnell dropped the ball, and if so I have no problem calling him out on it. The one about reporting international contact sounds on the surface like a duplicate of existing law.

I'm on a thread that is filled with scapegoating, demonzing, lol...let's round up the dems and shot them.. on ATS which has become a major sounding board of the crap!!

Admitted, but you haven't heard that from me.

or do you deny that congress just provided billions to the border crisis last month?

You seem to be mixing me up with someone else. My first reply to you was agreement on that fact.

do you deny that all those little republicans went home for their nice vacation also?

I deny that the Republican minority in Congress had a choice. The Speaker, Nancy Pelosi, makes that call. I do not deny the Republicans would have done the same thing had they been in a position to do so... they might have. Authority, as in control of the House, comes with responsibility... for either party.

which do you think is better, them spending some time at home hearing from those that they represent or staying in washington giving their ears to the lobbyists and taking their danged bribes?

I've already answered that, and I agree with you that this vacation, while irritating to me in the sense that politicians are able to take so many vacations so frequently, is not the big deal it is being said to be. I'd really like to see some reporting on how these politicians on both parties spent these six weeks. I highly doubt the bulk of it is to be spent listening to constituents... lobbyists seem to be good at following politicians wherever they happen to go.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino
a reply to: shawmanfromny

That's crazy, the Dems went home and the 197 Republicans stayed behind to work, in protest?

No?

So this is a bipartisan recess that shows us ALL how much ALL of our representatives care?

Thought I'd fix that for you so it sounds less hateful and more universal.

Honest question, since I'm not American and am not as familiar with your political system as I am with the one in canada. But say the RINOs did stick around in Washington, would they actually be able to accomplish anything, since they arent the majority? Wouldn't they need the Democrats present to pass funding? If that's correct then, them staying after the Dems walked out would be pointless, since they couldn't do anything anyway. It would just be a "dog whistle" tactic in the end. I get what your implying, and to a point I agree with you, but I cant see how it makes a difference once the majority party votes to walk out (on vacation).

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: looneylupinsrevenge

the house went home, I think at least some of them will be back this thurs and friday since they seem to have committee meetings on those days. then the week after that, both the house and the senate will take the month of august off, a tradition that dates back to the time before air conditioning.. ya know, when it was just too danged hot for their pampered little bodies to be able to work??

edit on 29-7-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join