It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Go On Recess Further Delaying Funding Issues Concerning Crisis At Our Border

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I was kind of thinking the same thing..
yous should be happy they are leaving since they are taking a vacation from all their hard work investigating...

a "story" is right, as in complete fiction, although I think there's a little more to it than just wanting to drum up some republican voters. I think it's closer to scapegoating and demonization of the "others" which, if it doesn't end soon, someone is liable to lose big time and it might be more than just illegal immigrants in those internment camps, or whatever you want to call them.

they've already passed funding for the problems at the border. heck, they've worked together to get a two year budget worked out by what I've read that looks like it's gonna be accepted by both the house, senate, and president...
although I doubt if any of us will see much wisdom in it.

they've sent quite a few bills to the senate to address the security issues surrounding the election/russia mess which according to the bipartisan report of one of the senate committees, is probably a good idea that we do something..
I don't really see how it's the dems fault when they pass bill after bill only to have them blocked by mitch and friends in the senate who seem only interested in stocking the judges seats will their choice of judges, probably ones that will be more willing to overlook the law and constitution and allow trump to pretend he is dictator or something.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gsxerwhite

Everyone would be a us resident. Not a US citizen. That is the Democrats agenda.

No male female tranny any of that stuff either.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

As far as I'm concerned all d*mocrats should be rounded up and shot

and, I rest, my case as far as the scapegoating and demonizing bit!!

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
Well I guess you're lucky I'll never be president. That would be my first executive order.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

what if the tables turn the other way?? what if the dems come out on top...
can we round up all you republicans and hang yous all as traitors??
no? you wouldn't like that??
well, then, maybe tone down the bullcrap a tad!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

what if the tables turn the other way?? what if the dems come out on top...
can we round up all you republicans and hang yous all as traitors??
no? you wouldn't like that??
well, then, maybe tone down the bullcrap a tad!!!

While I rarely agree with your political positions, you are spot on with this.

Radicalism is radicalism, irrespective of which end of the spectrum it is based in.

The poster was basically admitting that he was a fascist, homicidal psychopath who dreams about acts of mass murder. Then when given the opportunity to walk it back, he instead doubled down on it being a real, viable solution.

Very sad to see humans acting this way.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
All your post have to do with violently shooting people in the back and the head, except for the one which you edited. WTF? Did your mommy beat you up again?

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

yous should be happy they are leaving since they are taking a vacation from all their hard work investigating...

I am. The fact that Congress' primary duty is to legislate, yet they seem to be much more intent on investigating, is not lost on me.

BTW, I see you took that New York accent with you when you escaped... "yous"?

I think it's closer to scapegoating and demonization of the "others" which, if it doesn't end soon, someone is liable to lose big time and it might be more than just illegal immigrants in those internment camps, or whatever you want to call them.

I think you're over-exaggerating there. It's just the same old political cat-and mouse game that has been happening for 234 years and counting. I prefer to leave the doom and gloom to actual issues.

BTW, no one ever entered an internment camp willingly. Last I heard, every single resident there chose to come to the US illegally. Let's call them what they are: temporary detention centers.

they've sent quite a few bills to the senate to address the security issues surrounding the election/russia mess which according to the bipartisan report of one of the senate committees, is probably a good idea that we do something..

The voting problem could be mostly solved with one simple thing: voter ID. The infrastructure is already in place, and several states (including mine) have it. Another helpful solution would be to require paper ballots to have a paper trail in place. But that's not what the DNC has proposed... they have sent bills like the idiotically foolish "New Green Deal," or attempts to repeal the tax cuts that spurred the economy, or trash like that.

I don't really see how it's the dems fault when they pass bill after bill only to have them blocked by mitch and friends in the senate who seem only interested in stocking the judges seats will their choice of judges, probably ones that will be more willing to overlook the law and constitution and allow trump to pretend he is dictator or something.

The Senate's primary job is not to rubberstamp every mental hiccup coming from the House. Their primary job is to pass laws for their constituents. They have as much of a duty to reject laws they disagree with as the House does.

Just like the secondary job of the House is to pass budgets, the secondary job of the Senate is to confirm Judicial appointments. I do not understand how you are holding actual job performance against someone? I am also curious: if you want to make statements like you did that judges nominated by Trump are overlooking the law, I want specific rulings and specific citations of the laws overlooked. I have seen none of what you accuse them of.

I am actually trying, since we agreed on this issue of the vacation not being a big issue, to have a reasonable, civilized conversation with you. That is going to be quite difficult if you cannot drop the identity politics.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
All your post have to do with violently shooting people in the back and the head, except for the one which you edited. WTF? Did your mommy beat you up again?

People need to keep those thoughts to themselves. Our company President told everyone who would listen that he hoped someone would shoot Obama. Had a medical procedure that has a 97% success rate. Died 2 weeks later from a coughing-induced heart attack.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

A good analogy for Democrats vs Republicans is the Tortoise vs Hare analogy.

Democrats are the Tortoises and Trump/Republicans are the Hares(Rabbits).

But in the current reality, the Tortoises are the ones who can't stay focused on crossing the finish line.

Trump/Repubs are always getting things done...and the Trump Admin is NOT taking a 6 week break.

But all Democrats are taking 6 weeks off, even though they're already behind in the race!

It's like they WANT to lose, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I’ve been saying that for a year or so now

With all the losing, losing face, failing, and self-destruction they’ve been engaged in it seems to me like the dEms are hell bent on handing Trump a second term.

In fact, it’s the ONE thing they’ve succeeded in.

2020 is well and truly a done deal.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

More and more liberal pundits are getting angry at Democrat leaders. Mueller's shameful testimony, followed by Democrats leaving for 6 weeks, brought a few of them to an emotional breaking point on CNN and MSNBC the past 2 days.

I hear that President Trump's administration has plans in place to make Democrats shift their focus from hate, to self-preservation over the next 6 weeks. Congress will reconvene gripped by panic and chaos. Watching that build-up will be so much fun!

edit on 7/28/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

It’s fun watching every single thing they do.

Especially while their rabid whackjob supporters screech and holler about the party who is actually progressing America and the President who is actually fulfilling campaign promises.

Orange Man Bad, so let’s burn it all down

I think self-preservation is out of reach for them now. If the dEms are to make any sort of comeback they better work very very hard between now and the 2024 elections.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Oh look the government is not working for the people again, color me shocked.

People are never going to wake up to this charade are they, meh.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well, Trump is the government.

He’s not taking a break. It’s ONLY the dEms so, it will be business as usual. They’ve been 100% absent for three years now.

And he’s been working for the people that whole time. And doing very well at it.
edit on 28 7 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
I think self-preservation is out of reach for them now. If the dEms are to make any sort of comeback they better work very very hard between now and the 2024 elections.

I think the only chance they've got of winning 2020 is to come up with a healthcare/health insurance system that provides better coverage, at less cost to the individual and employers. Healthcare coverage/cost is always #1 in consumer polls. Trump has, or is getting, every other major consumer concern in good shape already.

Hopefully, Republicans will beat Democrats in coming up with that system.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

So basically you're not going to hold government accountable , you're just going to play partisan politics and keep the charade going, again... Color me shocked.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Hopefully

If the dEms do come up with a good health policy but keep their number one message of “anti Trump” then whatever they put forward will be ignored.

Even the hivemind is becoming sick to death of their more-than-obviously-false rhetoric and their repetitive lies.

Example. I believe the first thing out of their mouths when they return will be ‘collusion’ or ‘obstruction’.

Driving away their supporters seems to be the goal.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Trump is the government

The dEms are not

What is he responsible for now? Them taking a six week break?

Color me shocked

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I’ve yet to see you hold the dEms accountable for anything. Even though it is 100% them who need to be ‘held accountable’

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join