It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think universal healthcare is stupid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

A functioning society is based on the most functional input and output.
I would not prefer my children to live around unhealthy and diseased people. I would not like them to live in a society where being "normal" means you're wrong.

WTF does that even mean

ETA I get it you want to live in Elysium... Good luck with that.
edit on 27-7-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuckyWunderlick

originally posted by: DupontDeux

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: DupontDeux
a reply to: rockintitz

I think universal healthcare is stupid

Why?

You forgot to elaborate on that part.

I'm fairly sure the part in which he said he doesn't want to supplement other peoples healthcare was the elaboration.

Logically, it can't be stupid, because he doesn't want to pay for it; he doesn't want to pay for it because it is stupid - which is fair, but still leaves the rather important question of why it is stupid in the first place.

Imagine the reverse, him claiming that the reason universal healthcare is a clever idea is that he wants to pay for it, rather than claiming to want to pay for it because it is a clever idea. That would make equally little sense.

It’s stupid because it delegates healthcare to the government, freeing the citizen from the duty to help his fellow man.

Oh Les you and your backwards logic, it's identifiable a mile away.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   

I think universally, in America, healthcare is already a right.
You cannot stop me from paying for health insurance. Checkmate, bigot.
Stop making me pay for someone elses health insurance. I don't want to do that.

Well... I think you post proves a lot what the opposite side or many europeans think about americans. Because your country was made and grew up the way it did, you are almost instinctively focused on individualism rather than unity.

Quite ironic to be honest, since a lot of americans seem very proud of being "american" but Ill boil that down to compensating for your lack of true unity.

If you didnt have enemies or someone else to contrast you as a nation, you would have to face the facts... that you are truly a divided people who do more disruption in the world than good.

That makes it impossible for you to adjust to or love universal healthcare because that would require you to care for other individuals as much as yourself and I really do think that for a lot of you thats not an option.

Thankfully I have grown up with universal healthcare. I never need to worry ever about affording to pay for medical care.
Ive been operated on, had my teeth straightened, gone through psychiatry and so on... and so have my kids and Ive have never paid anything....

I opted to sign up for additonal private coverage and you know what... the money I pay for that, I get a percentage back when I then have to buy perscription medication, see the dentist and so on....

Tell me whats not to like.

The tax money I pay, still leave me with enough to have a good life... i dont miss a thing.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I assure you, lb for lb the US has the best doctors and care in the world. One reason is constant warfare. They often try new techniques on Soldiers. I was one of those cases. This leads to innovation. This innovation then becomes knowledge transfer for everyone else, including the world.

Another reason is hustling to make money. Whether it be new equipment, software, R&D, facilities...it's constantly improving at a rapid pace.

I work on medical software and it's constantly improving daily. We are doing some amazing things right now that I know for a fact nobody else is attempting. The development cost is enormous. My point is there is a trade off. Can't have universal care and rapid innovation. Not enough resources for both.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   

So you do not have a single CHRISTIAN bone in your body, well the lord put it like this "As they measure so shall I measure unto them", so expect a very dry and miserable eternity (then again you don't believe in that do you).

Even the Hindu have Karma and I for one would not want yours, get it together you are robbed every time you buy something, every time you pick up a pay check and it is not to help the poor, the ill and the needy it is to help the ultra rich to pay LESS tax making you pay a higher percentage tax than you otherwise would, if your nation is well then you also benefit from that don't you so in fact a tiny fraction of your tax paying for health care is actually a very good investment.

Of course you don't have to agree, you have the right to go through life hating everyone and in the process probably giving yourself cancer due to psychosomatic feedback on your biology and you have the right to be an utter AH but that is your right, just don't expect more clued up people to agree because they simply won't and those that claim to be clued up and do agree are just in it for there own agenda and love the fact you are there sheep.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I assure you, lb for lb the US has the best doctors and care in the world. One reason is constant warfare. They often try new techniques on Soldiers. I was one of those cases. This leads to innovation. This innovation then becomes knowledge transfer for everyone else, including the world.

Another reason is hustling to make money. Whether it be new equipment, software, R&D, facilities...it's constantly improving at a rapid pace.

I work on medical software and it's constantly improving daily. We are doing some amazing things right now that I know for a fact nobody else is attempting. The development cost is enormous. My point is there is a trade off. Can't have universal care and rapid innovation. Not enough resources for both.

Medical research and innovation is done across the developed world.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

More is done in the US. That's like saying space research is done in other countries. This is true but only one group of people went to the Moon, only one got a couple craft into interstellar space and only one put a bunch of rovers on Mars.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Universal healthcare saves lives and improves a nations economy and national security, how very dare things like that get in the way of your precious moneys Scrooge Mc#.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Some people don't like to share. That's when that little thing called karma comes back to haunt.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
a reply to: ScepticScot

More is done in the US. That's like saying space research is done in other countries. This is true but only one group of people went to the Moon, only one got a couple craft into interstellar space and only one put a bunch of rovers on Mars.

More is done in the US however the US also has a larger population size than most so that is to be expected.

Medical research is still done outside the US by countries with universal health care.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   

So how come the care offered between class systems is disproportionate?

It's not a universal healthcare system unless the same level of care is available to all.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

a reply to: FinallyAwake

Why am i responsible for paying for someone else's well being? Why should the money that i work for be distributed to people that dont work, because the state says so?

Pragmatically, because, whether you aknowledge it or not, you are a social creature. You live in a society, so your well-being is highly dependent upon the well-being of those around you.

I'm sure you're aware that some who can't afford the health care they need, do in fact work.

And I'm sure you're also aware that some who need healthcare cannot work because they were either born with or have developed serious health problems.

link   

Some people don't like to share. That's when that little thing called karma comes back to haunt.

link   

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I probably would not have survived childhood without the healthcare provided by my country.

Opposing universal healthcare makes a person a monster, fact.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

What i don't understand is even the people who oppose a universal care system probably would not walk past a person in the street that required medical assistance without helping or attempting to seek such aid.

We are supposed to help our fellow Man down to, if nothing more, simple empathy.

So why cry about having to pay for the assistance of people who require such if we can afford to do so?

Then again just look at the way we treat our homelessness situation on both sides of the pond?

We just walk by them, simply not even acknowledging their existence, christ i have been one many a Moon ago and i have done the same on many an occasion.

Guess we are all monsters of a sorts at some level, either that or we simply refuse to pay attention from one generation to the next because its the same fecking mistakes we make.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Lol the UK is such a model of what the healthcare system should be. All rich brits fly to the US for top dollar plastic surgery.. all poor brits wait in line for 8 months to be told they aren't eligible for life saving treatment.
I felt sorry for you before you opened your mouth complete with 5 teeth if you're lucky. How's that "complimentary " dental working out for ya?

No need to feel sorry for me mate, as you have already shown to have little empathy for others if it affects your wallets growth, you are including plastic surgery in this debate ? and making general sweeping putdowns, you kind of fallen into the caricature of an American, thinks about himself and is offensive to others who disagree.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I think universally, in America, healthcare is already a right.

So much for Trumps campaign promise of "affordable healthcare for everyone"! The amount of backpedaling is grandiose though.

Everything is OK!

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ViXxeN

Thing is the bastards responsible for our current political and socioeconomic buffoonery require attending to in this life.

And it's not like their comeuppance is in any way a guarantee nor in the post.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Some one doesn't understand how insurance works.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join