It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think universal healthcare is stupid

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Healthcare is one of the most bastardised crooked kick-back driven Industries on the Planet.....a Government run System that DID NOT WORK CROOKEDLY...would decrease the cost of the average medical engagement by at least 75%...and this makes free healthcare a reality anywhere in the world....jeepers we have prisons who can switch to bandages from making license plates....lol...

Everyone ASSUMES that the crooked criminal graft in the Industry will continue...but it will not.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Healthcare is one of the most bastardised crooked kick-back driven Industries on the Planet.....a Government run System that DID NOT WORK CROOKEDLY...would decrease the cost of the average medical engagement by at least 75%...and this makes free healthcare a reality anywhere in the world....jeepers we have prisons who can switch to bandages from making license plates....lol...

Everyone ASSUMES that the crooked criminal graft in the Industry will continue...but it will not.

The government cannot run anything efficiently. That is the reason why centralized control failed in the Soviet Union....not because it wasn't good people running it....those who want socialized medicine and other socialized programs keep trying to tell us that if only it wasn't crooked people doing it....if only the right people did it then it would work. www.libertynation.com...
edit on 28-7-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
I think universally, in America, healthcare is already a right.
You cannot stop me from paying for health insurance. Checkmate, bigot.
Stop making me pay for someone elses health insurance. I don't want to do that.

Poor little sheep. All healthcare insurance has others pay for some users. That is the definition of insurance. People pool their resources to ensure that everyone who has an issue can have it treated.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

What a f*cking retard.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: one4all

The government cannot run anything efficiently. That is the reason why centralized control failed in the Soviet Union....not because it wasn't good people running it....those who want socialized medicine and other socialized programs keep trying to tell us that if only it wasn't crooked people doing it....if only the right people did it then it would work. www.libertynation.com...

There is something new on the Block...its called social-media based PUBLIC OVERSIGHT...….both the Soviet Union and USA were screwed by the same group....a Global group...we know that now because we know exactly who they are and exactly how they run their empires and exactly what corporations and assets they directly and indirectly control....this is 2019 not 1819.

In the past good people have STARTED Programs with potential which were then in ALL CASES GLOBALLY hijacked and bastardised.This doesn't have a snowballs chance in Hades of happening in todays world.Societal/Global Auto-corrections are now taking place...this is why we are seeing so much change so fast....its not just good guys against bad guys anymore the TIDE HAS NATURALLY TURNED.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Republicans seem to want to live in some sort of free-for-all society where there are no safety nets and everyone is out for themselves. They are too short-sighted to see how this kind of society might be worse for themselves and their children. When people work together, the result is greater than the sum of the parts.

As for Medicare for All, it does seem rather expensive, so I’m interested in seeing how to fund it in America.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Yes it does seem that way, and I agree it's very short sighted.

Medicare for all could work if the government wasn't so inept, not only inept but crooked, as long as these swamp monsters are elected you guys will never get Medicare for all. I firmly believe it's not a lack of funding that is the barrier to this issue.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Thanks, I'm interested in it, but I was trying to calculate the costs, and the research said it would be 3 trillion a year - which is 4-5 times the military budget. I'm interested in seeing what kind of ideas Democrats come up with to approach this issue.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, got it. Doesn't make it right.

Well you know what they say, love it or leave it....

Can I help you pack your bags?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Does this research factor in the how much money is saved by using preventive solutions to health. ?

Thats really the biggest difference in these calculations .

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuckyWunderlick

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: BuckyWunderlick

More often than not universal healthcare is the stamp of a decadent society.

Quite the contrary, LesMis. It is the mark of a society that has risen to provide and ensure its populace is cared for.

How many have you cared for? You pay a tax. You neither provide or care for anyone. Instead you pretend.

Tax is how societies pay for things they collectively decide on. Deciding that everyone deserves a minimum standard of healthcare is no.more decadentvthan deciding to have infrastructure or a military.

Then You tell yourself you are ensuring others get healthcare, without actually ensuring others get healthcare.

You pay a tax. That’s the very least you can do for others.

I also don't build roads, arrest people, fight fires etc.

Do you really think things would be better if we all did these things individually?

Imagine if people got together and built roads, arrested people, fought fires? Imagine if people provided healthcare for the ill?

You wouldn’t need to pay a tax.

My argument is getting the government to do all this for is a mark of decadence, that it absolves you from an responsibility to your community and fellow man.

😭😂😭😂

Ohhhh loord just when I think i've read it all 😂😂😭😂

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jg513

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: BuckyWunderlick

More often than not universal healthcare is the stamp of a decadent society.

Quite the contrary, LesMis. It is the mark of a society that has risen to provide and ensure its populace is cared for.

How many have you cared for? You pay a tax. You neither provide or care for anyone. Instead you pretend.

Tax is how societies pay for things they collectively decide on. Deciding that everyone deserves a minimum standard of healthcare is no.more decadentvthan deciding to have infrastructure or a military.

Then You tell yourself you are ensuring others get healthcare, without actually ensuring others get healthcare.

You pay a tax. That’s the very least you can do for others.

I also don't build roads, arrest people, fight fires etc.

Do you really think things would be better if we all did these things individually?

Imagine if people got together and built roads, arrested people, fought fires? Imagine if people provided healthcare for the ill?

You wouldn’t need to pay a tax.

My argument is getting the government to do all this for is a mark of decadence, that it absolves you from an responsibility to your community and fellow man.

😭😂😭😂

Ohhhh loord just when I think i've read it all 😂😂😭😂

Oh our Les he is very special.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   

a reply to: FinallyAwake

Why am i responsible for paying for someone else's well being? Why should the money that i work for be distributed to people that dont work, because the state says so?
You want to be part of society? You gotta lump in. Go and # off in the woods or something if you don't like it.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I think universal healthcare is great. People in Australia just consider it a right of citizenship. AS do most civilised countries.

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Universal_health_care.svg

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I know this is kinda off topic... But his comment reminded me of that episode of 1,000 ways to die, where two drunk guys decided it would be a good idea to do his own liposuction in his garage with a knife and a vaccum cleaner hose. Needless to say, it didn't turn out well for the poor bastard.

On the topic of universal health care in the u.s, I think it's a great idea
Think its possible too considering most in other 1st world nations have this kind of system in one way or another and are doing just fine.

Much rather have my taxes going towards actually helping people rather than the stupid crap my government currently blows our money on. Sad fact is though, that things will most likely have to get much worse before anything is actually done. People in america are rasied up to basically worship greed and could care less about those less fortunate than them. Just my two cents though so i'm probably just a lazy commie

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I think universally, in America, healthcare is already a right.
You cannot stop me from paying for health insurance. Checkmate, bigot.
Stop making me pay for someone elses health insurance. I don't want to do that.

If they didn’t have universal healthcare it would mean that (gasp) they’d have to care for each other. More often than not universal healthcare is the stamp of a decadent society.
Can you explain this a bit more? Why would it be considered a "stamp of a decadent society"? Also how does funding a public health system, setup to help those less fortunate afford medical procedures they wouldnt normally be able to afford, not caring about other? Furthermore how is that the current American healthcare system shows care and concern for other?

If you further elaborate, it would be very helpful in understanding your reasoning some.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This is an example of how so many lack critical thinking skills. Those that pay for health insurance who don't think they are paying for anyone else is dead wrong. Who do you think pays for the uninsured when they go to the emergency room for treatment, the most expensive form of treatment there is; or pays for when they finally succumb to serious ailment because they don't take care of health issues early on, etc.? You do, those with health insurance, and taxpayers. It's reflected in prices for healthcare now. America pays far more per capita that any other nation on Earth for healthcare yet we have worse results. Does that really sound like we're getting a fair shake?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa

You nailed it.

Too many Americans have been misled to vote against their own interests in terms of healthcare(and many other things).

The healthcare insurance lobby is a powerful force. Not only to they pay off lawmakers, they are successful at making many believe we need them. The manipulation tactics used to sell health insurance over universal healthcare are definitely working.

I can only hope my generation and those younger than me wake up to lies and greed.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Lumenari

I absolutely want no part in a government takeover of healthcare. Only the insurance aspect. It would require a government looking out for America and Americans, and want to MAGA. So good luck with that.

A few weeks ago a member was on talking about how we need universal healthcare because their family had spent $20k on healthcare over the past few years. I told them in the UK their family would spend $20k every year, so they would have spent $60k for healthcare in the past few years. I asked why they would be better off in that situation, they didn't answer me though.

Load of bull#.

A couple earning 80K pounds in the UK pay less than 6k in National Insurance per year, and national insurance cover other benefits than Healthcare.

In the US, average family premiums hit about 10k a year, and you still pay medicare tax on top of your salary, not to talk about insurance copays and all that, as well as overpriced meds.

Healthcare in the USA costs more individually than it does in other countries with Single Payer systems. So yeah, "freedom, 'murica and MAGA", but at the end of the day you are the one being oblivious to the evidences.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: rockintitz

Lol, so I am from the UK, and according to you I must be a bigot because I pay into a system which helps others who are less fortunate, if you are rich enough you can pay for private health care in the UK still ad still have access to the NHS, best of both bigoted worlds.

America where we watch our neighbours die with glee knowing it did not cost me a dime, its all about the money baby, screw society.

What happens when there are more less fortunate ones who will never contribute a penny then there are those that do pay?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join