It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite hits a rice field in India

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Local farmers working in the field at the time of the event said they saw a fireball-like object coming down from a sky and heard an unusually loud thud as the object hit a field where they were working. They went searching for the source of the sound and after some time found a 1.5 m (5 feet) deep crater with an object resembling a meteorite inside.

He added that stone-like object weighs about 13 kg (28 pounds) and has magnetic properties.

Meteorite hits a rice field in Mahadeva village, Bihar, India

It doesn't look like the ones I have seen, I think it may just be dirty. Not clear what is meant about it having magnetic properties. I think maybe they just mean that a magnet will stick to it.

The villagers dug it out and told government officials. The officials took it and the meteorite then made it's way to the district treasury. It could end up at ISRO or a museum. No mention of a reward for the farmers

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Too bad it didn't hit a pig too on the way down.

Instant pork fried rice.......I'd name the meteor Uncle Ben.

Cool find(for them) though. Honestly I've watched to much scifi, I don't think I'd touch it.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Look at the faces on the video. They don't seem to be happy. Must be a bad omen for these people.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Good point, if you watched the video they are beating and abusing the meteorite too. Maybe just upset because they knew the district treasury was gonna get it.

edit on 26-7-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Not too smart, they are breaking apart a meteor worth a hell of a lot of money. I bet they devalued it quite a bit by their stupidity.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I would assume "magnetic" properties indicates high iron content. Pretty common in asteroids.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: Trueman

Good point, if you watched the video they are beating and abusing the meteorite too. Maybe just upset because they knew the district treasury was gonna get it.

What video did you watch, from what post? I didn't see anything with anyone beating or abusing the meteorite. I saw 2 people using a metal file to test the hardness of the meteorite, but not "abusing" it. Calling that abuse and "beating" are about as far off as humanly possible on this one, unless there was a video removed from this thread.. How much do you think it was "devalued" by that 20 seconds of light filing, which didn't seem to even mark it?
edit on 7 26 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

It was a joke, guess I should of used /sarc. Sorry bout that

Not all of them had sad faces either, at least one guy looked happy.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

I would assume "magnetic" properties indicates high iron content. Pretty common in asteroids.

I have never heard of a magnetic meteorite. Seems it could happen going through the Earth's magnetic field? Maybe the heat has something to do with it not happening.

edit on 26-7-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

originally posted by: Mach2

I have never heard of a magnetic meteorite. Seems it could happen going through the Earth's magnetic field? Maybe the heat has something to do with it not happening.

I wasn't implying that the meteorite was a magnet, rather that a magnet would be attracted to it do to its probable iron content.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I wouldn’t touch that before a professional got there to identify the makeup of the rock.
Just saying

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I wouldn’t touch that before a professional got there to identify the makeup of the rock.
Just saying

yup, alien life and all that.

While I'd be wishing for more of the "species variety"(hot chick that wants your seed..), my luck it would be more of "the thing" variety and morph people into some crazy blob.....

It's never the good one.....

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

.....Well I was thinking maybe radioactive. But I like where your head is at. Far more creative than mine.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

.....Well I was thinking maybe radioactive. But I like where your head is at. Far more creative than mine.

Everyone dies, might as well go out with a "happy ending"....

This theory extends to vampires too, they'd have a much easier time(the hot countess) if she'd do the "bite"/Kill AFTER the seduction.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Just saying

The training you had via Hollyweird has taken well. You have responded well.

Well done all.

Can't have the public take what falls from the sky.

Next you will believe that the water that falls is yours. It is the Governments!

P

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

"Creative", that's such a generous word.

I'll take it.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Actually since it’s India.

It’s a good thing it didn’t hit a cow. 🐄

Things might’ve gone sideways quickly .

Seriously though it could be a sericho pallasite meteorite.

They are also called stony iron meteorites.

They found one in 2016 in Kenya that looks similar to me .

ASU

edit on 26-7-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Cool find(for them) though. Honestly I've watched to much scifi, I don't think I'd touch it.

The people in the photo are definitely dead.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: MisterSpock

The people in the photo are definitely dead.

That seems racist to me.

I didn't know you were a racist.
edit on 26-7-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I think BS for a few reasons.

1. Fresh fallen meteorites have a black fusion crust.
2. They say they saw a fireball hit the ground. Fireballs mean cosmic velocity, and that crater and rock are not the result of a cosmic velocity strike.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join