It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix another life

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I agree. The Retardicans are just a bunch loud mouth bullies looking for something to whine about.

So what the doctor is a little fruity. It has NOTHING to do with social justice or whatever it is the Retardicans are sobbing about.

So who is the republican here ?

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: interupt42

I'm on episode 6. I like it. It's like every possible science fiction story event has happened to this crew. It's pretty funny but interesting.

Plus I like Starbuck. I think she's great.

Is it ok if we disagree?

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Irregardless, thats exactly what your doing .

Awww, But it really wasn't what I was doing Weepy Wendy.

Relax, you seem overly emotional and outraged and melting down over 1 episode of television. Pro tip: next time you renew your netflix subscription, if you cant cope with what they show maybe get them to throw in some tissues for you and cotton wool to wrap yourself up in as a year supply.

e-hugs.
edit on 27-7-2019 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Irregardless, thats exactly what your doing .

Awww, But it really wasn't what I was doing Weepy Wendy.

Relax, you seem overly emotional and outraged and melting down over 1 episode of television. Pro tip: next time you renew your netflix subscription, if you cant cope with what they show maybe get them to throw in some tissues for you and cotton wool to wrap yourself up in as a year supply.

e-hugs.

did my sammich jk trigger you? Where are you getting this 1 episode thing from ? Or you just like to ASSume things when triggered?

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I'm not bothered by you, I am amused by your faux outrage and hysteria.

e-tissue?

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I'm not bothered by you, I am amused by your faux outrage and hysteria.

e-tissue?

so know its faux outrage, i thought it was a meltdown?

Well glad we can amuse each other than . Your hypocrisy is delicious as well.
edit on 07731America/ChicagoSun, 28 Jul 2019 00:07:09 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Because it's a drama in space. I think that is their point. It's a millennial drama first. Dark is good, I agree. One more season and it's over.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Don't know who Jan is, but that was exactly my point. You are attacking people who don't like the show, and yet you can't come up with anything positive to say about it. You agree the show sucks, but your progressive side can't help but comment.

The show is garbage. They put all their focus on making a progressive PC show and zero effort into making a quality show.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

You are attacking people who don't like the show, and yet you can't come up with anything positive to say about it. You agree the show sucks, but your progressive side can't help but comment.

No, she's not! she is commenting on the faux PC/SJW outrage bull# people like you spew on this site like a bloody broken record, and you know that's what she is commenting on. Claiming she is just attacking people for not liking a show is outright BS.

Nice try though!

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

a reply to: karmicecstasy

hahaha that's awesome.

I don't know if I'm on a minority or growing majority, but I am personally sick to death of hearing the crying outrage from any of these people.
Everyday life is more enjoyable and normal/boring than the SJW/Anti PC gangs cry about.
They behave the EXACT same way as the other side they hate, they just bark different catch phrases.

Nail on the head!

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

a reply to: karmicecstasy

hahaha that's awesome.

I don't know if I'm on a minority or growing majority, but I am personally sick to death of hearing the crying outrage from any of these people.
Everyday life is more enjoyable and normal/boring than the SJW/Anti PC gangs cry about.
They behave the EXACT same way as the other side they hate, they just bark different catch phrases.

Nail on the head!

Hey look at me I'm in the cool kids club who hates people commenting about their opinion by commenting on my opinion.

Lol the hypocrisy is strong on the cool kids.

So who exactly forced you guys and gals to read this thread and get so triggered that it forced you to have to participate and forced you to have to write a comment on your opinion about being tired of people writing their comments on their opinion?

You don't have to agree with my opinion but don't get all high and mighty on your horse when your are riding a horse named hypocrite.

I even focused more on the script,acting, and lack of real sci fi as my reason for not liking it , but you all got hyperfocused and triggered ony sjw comment and apparently couldn't get passed it.

Nobody is hating on anyone but maybe from your side .
Lol, you are all too funny.

edit on 29731America/ChicagoMon, 29 Jul 2019 14:29:46 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Faux? So we don't actually care that almost every single show is infested with PC crap instead of good writing?

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I think it was a D##K move to make a good start, then blast you with tranny and other propaganda, i have zero respect for all the people involved in the making of this series,

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
This comment isn't to anyone in particular.

First, I firmly believe in the 4 words spoken by MLK that likely got him killed; "content of their character". If I personally champion anything, it is individual justice. Individual justice is NOT social justice. In fact it is quite the opposite. SJW's reject merit in favor of tiny minorities that can be exploited by someone for their differences while forcing untruths into the zeitgeist.

When we witness something untruthful, that we know to be untruthful, but it is presented as true, virtually everyone recoils in revulsion. If you can be somehow forced to bury the revulsion that is a defense mechanism for your mind and hide your reaction through inaction then you are controlled by the entity making you do nothing in the face of being defrauded.

I am going to bore you with a few bald truths. America has launched just over 330 of the 550 humans ever to go into space. There have NEVER been openly gay people in space. Going into space is IMPORTANT. Going into space is incredibly EXPENSIVE. Sometimes, there is exactly one chance to get it right. The military, economic, and social security of an entire nation may be riding on the outcome.

www.space.com...

Sally Ride had the right stuff. Unlike so many other places in our gradually disintegrating civilization, the space faring organizations of mankind use MERIT FIRST to determine who goes into space. The only way Sally got a ride into the heavens is that she spent her whole life earning it. She was not a token diversity hire. Instead of championing her alternate sexuality for some dubious political leverage after LGBT rights were already on their way to being firmly established in law, she got on with her critically important job and kept her love life private. RIP.

So why are LGBT oriented folks seemingly barred from space? Because so many of them turn out to be crazy.

www.mentalhealthamerica.net...

You want to go into space? You can't be suicidal. You can't abuse drugs. You can't have a criminal record. You have to study when others party. You can't have implodable multi-partner love affairs. You can't outright lie to anyone about your real sexual alignment or practices. You have to be morally upstanding and ethical and honest to a fault with yourself and everyone else - all of the time. Because they will test you. And watch you. And probe you. And do it again and again. You have to be able to obtain a security clearance. You have to be rock solid. And sadly, this is not common in the LGBT community for a number of reasons. A hard and uncomfortable truth.

Its hard enough for straight people to keep their act together. The UNPRECEDENTED case of Lisa Nowak was the worst nightmare for the US space program; someone who somehow slipped past their rigorous screening for unstable personalities.

www.npr.org...
www.astronomy.com...

So when a show comes along and shovels a dump trunk of bull excrement on your head about how a crew of horny mental midgets constantly break every well thought out rule about how to comport yourself in space and the military, you get rightfully bent out of shape. Because it just CAN'T BE TRUE. NONE OF IT. And that makes for a stupid show.

Make a show about how Sally Ride was a brilliant student, a disciplined individual, and how she coped with privately being a Lesbian. There may have been a few others that kept their private life separate from their commitment to professionalism in space. This could be riveting real human drama.

Make a show about how a dedicated mother and wife and qualified astronaut, with all that implies, LOST HER MIND and went after a potentially IMAGINED love rival. Explore all of the fallout there must have been as countless agencies that have mission critical individuals working for them in areas like special ops, intelligence, and space where a failed mission could actually end the world struggled to increase the effectiveness of their screening and training.

Because those would be interesting programs, if done with the right ambitions to entertain, intrigue, and communicate how complex life really is. But a show that packs a bunch of diversity hires into the only human FTL space ship that run around like doped up teenagers in heat is just disingenuous. Because if the entire future of humanity is riding on it, NONE OF THEM ARE GOING. And not because anyone is being a bigot. It is just a genuinely bad idea.

And that is the biggest part of why you didn't really like the show. But it was also the REASON the show was made. To beat you down. To make you get used to being blatantly lied to.

Why is that?

edit on 1-8-2019 by SpamBox because: grammar

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
***SPOILER***
***SPOILER***
***SPOILER***

So I kept watching and really this is basically a romance show with gay sex that happens to be set in space it seems.

3ways, straight men on straight men sex, men and transexuals having sex, people and machines, it makes Game of Thrones seem normal.
edit on 2-8-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Actually, I was asking questions because your objections seem to be politically motivated (hence the ire about political correctness) only.

I also think you are conflating scifi and FANTASY. Both can be allegorical but scifi is based in an functional and discernible reality.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I have been slowly watching it.

Sometimes I can't even finish an episode without looking for something else to watch.

Somewhat entertaining, somewhat the same old crap.

The guys are the "weak one's" and the women are oh so powerful and strong.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I had a search and found this thread as I was going to post about it if no-one else had.

Ive been watching this since the start and I rarely watch much these days. My initial viewpoint was, what in the actual f even is this crap!
Then something strange happened...

I started to laugh, then it grew on me more, the bad timing, the horrendously cheesy sad bits that come out of nowhere (a character can seem to be building an arc for 5 episodes then BAM, shot in face, eaten alive and shat out the rear end of a gigantic animal or something like that all within 1 minute void of explanation then BAM, replaced with a new character from cryosleep - like some secret battle of horrible actors beneath the surface of it all cause not even the plot makes sense) the bad acting, the over the top tension that builds too fast and the amazing made up tech magicy thingy that fixes everything that you never see coming but you kinda did and how theres always the "woke" side character translating what the already extremely non-complicated dialogue meant "It's a screw diver"

"What he means is, it is a screw-driver" yeah it's always when a guy is "mansplaining"

I realised that this is the funniest sh*t ive ever watched in my life. I love it but I have a strange sense of humour apparently as anyone else I know absolutely despises it with a vengence so make of that what you will

I mean, just watch this scene here for example, this is some Grade A Crap material...

(Not the best example there is a lack of clips on youtube)

I can't recommend it enough if you strap in for the ride and watch it as a misunderstood comedy

Absolute masterpiece ahead of it's time of just how insane our society has become. This will be remembered as a mega turd when our remains are dug up in the future by whatever the hell is out there.

Just my opinion
edit on 23-10-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join