It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does everything have to kill to exist?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Mate if this is heaven look at the state we have made of the fecking place???

Life i suppose is indeed what we make of it.

But when geography and circumstance dictate the opportunities we have available.

Heaven, I'm afraid is generally a right good few postcodes aways for most of the people who reside on the planet.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Simply put if there was no death there could be no life.

Life is the antidote to entropy.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Then it would be a stop-gap at best, given that entropy must increase as one goes forward in time.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I did a similar thread years ago on why we eat death. Better yet, on how we have to kill everything before we eat it.
edit on 27-7-2019 by lostbook because: Word add

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Nay laddie, because life is moving along like an inverse curve to entropy, once life is manifest everywhere there will be no entropy. Everything is recycled ultimately even the universe.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
We were created as destroyers &/or carnivore's….

Our ascendant future is to overcome that 'Nature'... to Evolve into a benevolent and creative Species... instead of staying an Instinctive/killing/animal or regressing to a psychotic destroyer for-the-sake-of-the-thrill

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Ah but the next verse might not have the same constants to shape reality.

Need to get out there amongst the stars i suppose before we can really claim to know anything about life nevermind how pervasive it may be.

Anyhoo anything this side of space-time is probably not coming out the other end of the next singularity.

Entropy is required, or at least that the way it seems to be from down here at the near end of the Sun's gravity well in which we exist.

Fun to speculate all the same.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Duality

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Existence is a paradox.
Without the need for life to cause death to other life, it would continue until it would cause death upon itself. Life gives death to postpone it's own death. Without death, life stagnates and reaches death faster but with death it avoids death longer.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The earth is only so big. It has finite resources. The planet itself cannot survive if the life on it lives forever. Things would eventually kill off the natural resources, leading to both the death of the planet and the death of what once lived on it. Earth is the original killer out of self-preservation, and kindness I suppose. Things die so room and resources are left for the next generation.

In that sense, one could argue that things don't die. They just get recycled.

Fun fact: The earth re-populates humans, incrementally, once every 125 years or so.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
it's quite the conundrum. just the circle of life i suppose. life begets death begets life ad infinitum.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   
eat ore beeing eaten...thats the only way to survive…

but its an vicious circle….starting with an virus...ending with an whale

you can destroy all bigger dangerous species for you ….but in the end an simple virus will neck you...

edit on 28-7-2019 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Bees don't kill. In fact they do just the opposite.
They perform a reproductive function to the plants they light on.
And they make delicious honey for my toast.
The planet is symbiotic. We kill we eat we eliminate and we eventually die and return to the planet in the form of dust.
Then it starts all over again. Its a cycle. A wheel.
Everything consumes and everything returns back to the planet.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
This is just a question I have always pondered theres nothing that lives on this planet the dosent survive off of death . Even plant life is life you cannot walk without causing death of some sort life you just stepped on . There is no way you can live without causing the death of something .

Would like to hear others thoughts on this .

I think the answer as to why, it was basically given in a few words by ADSE255:

Because we live in hell.

This place is hell.

Now, of course this physical universe is not essentially as bad as hell (some beings don't kill to survive, plants for example), but it's pretty close to hell and can become one in a very short time.

In my opinion as to why this is, I think that the beings must have done something long long time ago against the Creator, when He decided to create the physical universe this way, a being pitted against other being, as a way to punish them.

All in all, I think that this physical universe is just a link in the long chain of the human evolution, i.e. there are worse universes than our own and better and more beautiful ones, where beings don't depend on killing other beings to survive.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Bees most certainly do kill

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Clearly it was not this way until the world became corrupt.It is not meant to be as it is now.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
there is no reason other than energy doesn't come from nowhere, things need to die to feed other things, consumption is the cycle of life.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join