It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpaceX successfully flies Mars prototype rocket for the first time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

SpaceX launched and landed its Starhopper rocket in its first flight, a short test that saw the company take a giant leap forward in its development of a next-generation rocket that it hopes will take people to the moon and Mars.

The rocket is the prototype for SpaceX’s vehicle called Starship. The company is building the enormous rocket to achieve its goal of transporting up to 100 people in the space flights.

SpaceX successfully flies Mars prototype rocket for the first time

Well about all it did was hop around 65 feet into the air. Not a very exciting video. This is just a prototype and this was the first test. Only one engine was fired and it made a lot of fire and smoke, not much hop. There is a video at the link and one below that is longer.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

4:39:15 is the times stamp where something happens in the 5 plus hour video... really unspectacular but the guy was super stoked. Definitely a lot of man giggles from him.

Thanks for the update on spaceX starhopper. Good first steps for them. Glad to see it getting somewhere and I hope it keeps up!

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Seriously??? A FIVE HOUR long video???? SEriously???

F# that!!

How about a little better description and the time-tag to look!!

I'm not going to watch a 5 HOUR long video!! EVER!

ETA - Minus 1 Flag and minus 1 star!!
edit on 7/26/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

LOL, it is a live feed cap. Did you know you can scrub through a video with that kinda bar like thingy at the bottom of the video?

I thought I gave a good description. Smoke, fire and small hop.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: confound
a reply to: LookingAtMars

4:39:15 is the times stamp where something happens in the 5 plus hour video... really unspectacular but the guy was super stoked. Definitely a lot of man giggles from him.

Please don't say he was stoked. I hate when people say someone was stoked. It just sounds weird. Why can't you just say "He was really excited"?

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Compared to the Falcon and BFR I think it's the ugliest thing Elon has produced. I never expected that the water tower would fly but seemingly it does.

However, I hope the initial and future design will be more elegant as all previous rockets are, nevertheless I still like what he's doing..

join