It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pure Wind of the Trump Narrative

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Appointing non liberal activist supreme court justices to preserve the constitution isn't a bad thing either.

I think this country really dodged a bullet when Hillary was defeated.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

Unlike so many on the list of questionable "suicides" of people surrounding her.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is a fantastic thread. Great opening post.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

Humorous Sarcasm . Can't take a Joke Pal ? Were you not Born with a Sense of Humor ? My Condolences .........
edit on 26-7-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

Unlike so many on the list of questionable "suicides" of people surrounding her.

Nice

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
No, LesMis, the narrative is not wind.

But those of us who read his tweets, see and hear him speak, and, not simply watching the soundbites, know that he, himself, is full of it...and full of wind.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JedemDasSeine

PEACE.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

But those of us who read his tweets, see and hear him speak, and, not simply watching the soundbites, know that he, himself, is full of it...and full of wind.

Seems that "wind" is ending up fulfilling a whole lot of campaign promises and making life better for all Americans.

Even the ones that don't seem to like America in the first place.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Seems that "wind" is ending up fulfilling a whole lot of campaign promises and making life better for all Americans.

Kinda like how Mexico is going to pay for the wall?

"All Americans?" Maybe ask Americans whose lives have been made decidedly worse.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Kinda like how Mexico is going to pay for the wall?

"All Americans?" Maybe ask Americans whose lives have been made decidedly worse.

That Mexico paying is a dead horse. Stop beating it because 99.9% of his supporters don't care how it gets done, as long as it gets done. I personally never expected them to "directly" pay for it. That's a ridiculous expectation. The reality is that they paid for it by being forcefully persuaded to renegotiate their trade agreement, just as all rational people expected.

Another reality is that unfettered illegal immigration costs vastly more in terms of social programs (taxpayers money), than the wall anyway, so it's irrelevant.

The whataboutism just makes ppl appear foolish, and infantile.
edit on 7262019 by Mach2 because: Sp

edit on 7262019 by Mach2 because: Sp

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I was not initially a supporter of his, but I was working around a lot of blue collar types who supported him enthusiastically.

When I pointed out that he seems like a jerk, their response would inevitably be to say that Romney was a real gentleman, that McCain was a gentleman, that the democrats tore them both to pieces.

They said that alinsky's methods only work against gentlemen. So we had to get an a whole, who wouldn't be affected by being called a racist billionaire.

I didn't vote for him, but I understand the kind of people who did. I started noticing the way ALL the authority figures in our society talk down to those people (a lot of them are women, surprise). Telling them they are worthless and should go off and die, that they aren't evolved enough, that they don't represent "who we are" (Obama's favorite phrase in 2016).

I heard many of these guys say that trump is a huge "EFF YOU!" to the ruling class. Their favorite picture is the one where trump is saying "F" very forcefully.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Making double posts great again.

Such winning!
edit on 26-7-2019 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Exactly. 99% of his supporters don't care they were duped and that *their* (our) taxes are paying for something he promised Mexico would pay for. Probably because #MAGA or something.

Another reality is that immigrants pay far more into the system via taxes than they take out via social programs.

But hey, if you're happy with a swindle, cool.

I hope LesMis is,too.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

It sounds like you've gotten past his percieved abraisiveness, to a point where you can have an open mind.

Ignoring his personality and rhetoric for a moment, what do you think of his actual policies, and decisions? That's what's important.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Exactly. 99% of his supporters don't care they were duped and that *their* (our) taxes are paying for something he promised Mexico would pay for. Probably because #MAGA or something.

Another reality is that immigrants pay far more into the system via taxes than they take out via social programs.

I hope LesMis is,too.

Your statement about his supporters being duped is biased opinion, but that's fine, as all of our opinions are by definition biased.

You statement about illegal immigration being a net benifit is either ignorance, or just a flat out lie.

cis.org...

m.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 7262019 by Mach2 because: Link error

edit on 7262019 by Mach2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7262019 by Mach2 because: Add link

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I hope LesMis is,too.

Exactly. “Immigrants” do pay more than they take

ILLEGAL immigrants however, do not

If you think immigrants and ILLEGAL immigrants are the same thing, then you’re 110% wrong

NO Trump supporters are anti-immigration. Neither is the President

Anti-ILLEGAL immigration, yes.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Graysen

It sounds like you've gotten past his percieved abraisiveness, to a point where you can have an open mind.

Ignoring his personality and rhetoric for a moment, what do you think of his actual policies, and decisions? That's what's important.

“Policies” is a foreign word to leftists. They have none and they want none. They do not understand the meaning of that word.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I think America has come through a period where we routinely got the worst end of the stick when it came to trade deals and international relations generally.

I think the Iran nuclear "halt" was a terrible deal for the world as a whole; I have trouble believing John Kerry was the force behind it, it was so bad. I think Obama was so desperate for a legacy with Iran that they were told that he would sign anything. The Iranians rejected that deal repeatedly, demanding more money.

Do you remember in January 2016, how 2 US boats were taken by Iran, and the sailors arrested and taken to the Iranian mainland?

That was an act of war. We paid them at least 4OO million dollars, to return the sailors and sign the nuke deal. That was as bad as anything Jimmy Carter ever did.

Coming after that, trump has begun to disentangle us from the Middle East, especially Afghanistan; what Obama promised to do and failed pretty horribly.

Canada was abusing us through the way they scored "import" of steel into the US for tax purposes; it insured that US steelmakers could not compete with Canada, and that the US was forced to be a dumping ground for Canadian steel. It had been that way for nearly 3 decades.

most of the economic growth since 2016 has had a particularly powerful benefit for blue collar and midwestern/western jobs.

I think the pundits are wildly underestimating the support Trump enjoys among legal hispanic Americans in the south and west. Liberals assume that they have been successful in propagandizing hispanics to fear trump. But the truth is that a lot of hispanic REGISTERED VOTERS greatly resent the clout of illegal aliens in the US, and how they are favored over hispanic legals.

A lot of working class Mexican-americans have very conservative values, and have not voted before, but are registering so they can vote for trump.

I think he may beat Biden by a wider margin than he beat Clinton

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

I hope LesMis is,too.

That

Exactly. “Immigrants” do pay more than they take

ILLEGAL immigrants however, do not

If you think immigrants and ILLEGAL immigrants are the same thing, then you’re 110% wrong

NO Trump supporters are anti-immigration. Neither is the President

Anti-ILLEGAL immigration, yes.

That is a common tactic on the left. They try to conflate the two, and paint anyone who knows the difference as racist.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Illegal immigrants pay taxes, unless they get paid under the table.

Most don't get paid under the table and therefore pay taxes to the government, but can't claim.

Get your facts straight.

Are you ok, bro? You seem to yell a lot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join